BPAS PODCAST: 6th Mar '23, S3:E28: At Least It Wasn't 0-7!

9 hours ago, deyres42 said:

A crisis is never far away with this expectant fanbase, especially as plenty seem to have got it into their heads that we have a good squad...

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

You wanted to win the league ‘at a canter’ the other day. 😂😂😂😂

If deyres42 isn't careful, he might become a member of this "fanbase" that he dislikes so much.

14 hours ago, JoeP said:

I'd be surprised if we got rid of him in the summer.  He's pretty much hit his target for this season (survival).  I think the next window for him leaving is probably if we're struggling in October/November next season.

If he changes the majority of what he says and does, there's no reason why he isn't the man to take us forward...

That's a mighty big if, lol, as I'm sure you appreciate.

I still have reservations about DU, despite the recent improvement in form/results. 

This summer is looking increasingly pivotal. But I think it will be a great chance to improve the squad. The squad is currently I think 2/3rds ready and the summer gives us the opportunity to complete the job.

Listening to Tony Pulis the other week on Undr the cosh he said how he thinks people grossly overestimate what managers can do. Tactics and formations do come into it ofcourse they matter but if you don't have the players you are pretty much screwed. I don't think Oldham fans are any different to any other teams fans in this respect. 

Personally I think we should all just trust the process because at the start of next season we will be watching a better Oldham team those 5-6 extra players will make the difference.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Personally I think we should all just trust the process because at the start of next season we will be watching a better Oldham team those 5-6 extra players will make the difference.

I hope we will be watching a better style of football too 🤞

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The signing of Green suggests to me DU could be favouring wingers next season. There are some good ones about within the budget from what I've seen.

A right back like Kitching and a couple of central midfielders, one box to box, the other attacking plus a fox in the box striker should produce a better style of football.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The signing of Green suggests to me DU could be favouring wingers next season. There are some good ones about within the budget from what I've seen.

A right back like Kitching and a couple of central midfielders, one box to box, the other attacking plus a fox in the box striker should produce a better style of football.

You would hope so but I'm not sure that explains tonight's starting line up.

No I can't explain that one either.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

We will if we don't the manager will be sacked pretty quickly.

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You would hope so but I'm not sure that explains tonight's starting line up.

No I can't explain that one either.

We will if we don't the manager will be sacked pretty quickly.

IMO- the style won’t change next season, and as long as he’s top half he’ll be going nowhere. 

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived