Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Most signings are a gamble - but this one particularly so. Hardly played a game for Forest and made only made  11 appearances for Cheltenham in a 6 month loan. 

The article suggests he’s highly rated, the stats suggest otherwise. . 

He could really come into his own at a lower level, or he could just be shite. 

Let’s hope it’s the former. 

shite in the prem probably means decent in none league, but Eminem defo puts more into it than that

Seems a decent signing. All for getting some younger legs in this team. An area of the team that has been lacking for some time. Loan in league one at the start of the season. Seems to have been captaining Forest youth teams. Hopefully a gem we can polish.

9 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Lot of talk of Idris Kanu signing Monday on the coach 

Krauhaus rumoured to be leaving Bromley for Brentford. If the Kanu rumour is true that’s key players leaving both 2nd and 3rd placed teams…

11 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Right Winger/wing back? 

If that's the case we can't be far off closing the book on any more incoming players maybe a striker to replace Stones but that could be enough to get us up.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Right Winger/wing back? 

If that's the case we can't be far off closing the book on any more incoming players maybe a striker to replace Stones but that could be enough to get us up.

A while back I said that if we wanted to improve for fewest number of signings then we needed to play 352 and bring in an attacking midfielder and a right wing back. We’ve done that but are seemingly trying to go further and recruit players that might allow us to more easily play other systems. Which is massively encouraging for the run in and the board need praising for backing the manager and committing to trying to go up. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I've been quite impressed by him in the few bits I've seen.... But I don't think the Barnet fans rate him that highly.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A while back I said that if we wanted to improve for fewest number of signings then we needed to play 352 and bring in an attacking midfielder and a right wing back. We’ve done that but are seemingly trying to go further and recruit players that might allow us to more easily play other systems. Which is massively encouraging for the run in and the board need praising for backing the manager and committing to trying to go up. 

Monty also spotted the 352 thing and filled out the fluid formations aspect so l wouldnt go bragging on that front. next you be armed robbing the food bank to bet on Norwood smiling

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Right Winger/wing back? 

Think he can be play both wings and wing back. Very direct and fast. I’ve been impressed everytime I’ve seen him. Barnet seem to not rate him very high but has been playing wing back.

i think we are transitioning to a 4-3-3 at home with the signings we have made.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Judging by the squad based on performances this season then you would think 3-5-2 is probably it's best formation. However with us bringing in Walker Sachdev and potentially Kanu or another wide player then it gives us the option to go to a 4 at the back formation with wingers. If these signings prove to be a success it could be enough of a boost to get us up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Think he can be play both wings and wing back. Very direct and fast. I’ve been impressed everytime I’ve seen him. Barnet seem to not rate him very high but has been playing wing back.

We need to make the signing first 😂

27 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

How ironic. DU was only 5 years and 33 signings away from being able to transition us to 4-3-3, yet we dumped him. 

• Like 7

Kanu would be a huge statement of intent, one I mentioned in summer to go for if we’re serious about promotion. 

Can’t see it though as much as I’d love it. The podcast guys said last week we had enquired though (apparently).

Didn’t posh go in for him in summer and where told he’d cost a million quid? Can’t see it but it really would be a statement signing that. 

8 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Kanu would be a huge statement of intent, one I mentioned in summer to go for if we’re serious about promotion. 

Can’t see it though as much as I’d love it. The podcast guys said last week we had enquired though (apparently).

Didn’t posh go in for him in summer and where told he’d cost a million quid? Can’t see it but it really would be a statement signing that. 

Hes out of contract in the summer I think so I don’t see how they could be asking for that sort of money. 

17 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

How ironic. DU was only 5 years and 33 signings away from being able to transition us to 4-3-3, yet we dumped him. 

Congrats AGFC! You just cheered my day up no end. I laughed out loud at that comment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

indeed. everybody shuda just listened to me and things would be way better than they are now*

41 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Hes out of contract in the summer I think so I don’t see how they could be asking for that sort of money. 

If he’s out of contract in the summer that would bring the asking price down massively, could still see them wanting early 6 figures. 

Very good player

56 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Posh got rid of him to Barnet. Nominal fee with a big sell on.

12 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Why are we believing a load of drunks on a bus?

Dont think anyone is but Andy said on the podcast we wanted him. I guess we will know in a few days when we announce the player 

16 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

I'd be surprised to see Kanu sign. More likely to see a free agent right back from America or a striker on loan.

Rumours on the good old twitter have brought up Andrew Dallas again. Barnsley just recalled him