Unsworth Out

On 8/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, SpotTheBall85 said:

He isn't going anywhere, they aren't gonna sack him and pay him off. I think he's safe even if we finish like we did last season.

Heard that Everton are wanting to get our manager, then I woke up and realised I'd been dreaming.

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Heard that Everton are wanting to get our manager, then I woke up and realised I'd been dreaming.

Having watched Everton today we are just a shit version of them, played the exact same way as we do, turgid defensive shite, no ambition and a dinosaur for a manager.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Having watched Everton today we are just a shit version of them, played the exact same way as we do, turgid defensive shite, no ambition and a dinosaur for a manager.

Unsworth would do well there then with his game plan?

• Like 1

I'm still in the Unsworth out camp. Simply because there are much better managers out there. My fear is he will see out his three year contract at which point it will not be renewed. Also, at that point, we'll still be in div five.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, redlion said:

I'm still in the Unsworth out camp. Simply because there are much better managers out there. My fear is he will see out his three year contract at which point it will not be renewed. Also, at that point, we'll still be in div five.

Is there an Unsworth in camp?

On 8/19/2023 at 3:24 PM, peanuts2 said:

Is it this december frank does his solo rowing expedition ? If he hasnt gone by then cant see them getting rid with frank incognito in the middle of the atlantic ? 

I understand that Luke and Su are a lot more hands on with the day-to-day stuff than Frank (and Judith) - Frank being otherwise occupied, as he often is, won't much impact or delay any big decisions. 

My opinion for what it's worth, frustrating as he is I'd stick Unsworth until the season and side settles down (assuming we avoid any more horror mini-runs through what looks like quite an attractive September schedule) 

lve not listened to his interviews for a while but lve just listened to his post chesterfield 'we were brilliant' and he's summed himself up perfectly there!!!!

in terms of a gameplan we were brilliant. in terms of pissing people off, its perfect bc they will hear 'brilliant' and remember it looking turd. need some wins now.

Edited by Monty Burns
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, redlion said:

Well not sure really but the Royle's seem to be in it.🤣

They'll be the only Evertonians that are,

Even my neighbours face was a picture, when I suggested they take him back, 'no chance there lar, you can have him'

So there you have it and right from the scousers cakehole.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

lve not listened to his interviews for a while but lve just listened to his post chesterfield 'we were brilliant' and he's summed himself up perfectly there!!!!

in terms of a gameplan we were brilliant. in terms of pissing people off, its perfect bc they will hear 'brilliant' and remember it looking turd. need some wins now.

It was a great way of putting across his tactical prowess. I disagreed. We were effective at reducing the scoreline... We were very lucky to get a point.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Greek said:

Is there an Unsworth in camp?

I was wondering wether someone should start the Unsworth In campaign. It's not like the fan base is forever divided. Let's balance it out.

WE WANT UNSWORTH IN, SAID WE WANT UNSWORTH IN. GIVE HIM A CHANCE YOU MISERABLE LOT. 

He's only had one close season.

He inherited a shit show.

He steered us away from relegation to mid-table.

He had a strong second half of the season.

We've had a huge turnover in the playing squad.

He has actually signed what seem to be some decent signings.

It takes time for it all to gel.

Everything went wrong in the build-up to Southend.

We're one win from the play-offs.

He is cleverly shifting expectation onto Chesterfield and away from our own team. If you can't see that, then you don't understand what a subtle man he is.

He suffocated their attacking threat.

Rhino ball is……leave that one.

GET OFF HIS BACK.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

It was a great way of putting across his tactical prowess. I disagreed. We were effective at reducing the scoreline... We were very lucky to get a point.

That's what it was all about,

Trying to keep the score down after the Halifax debacle, so he didn't have to face the music once again, had we gone out 1 nowt on a whimper,

what in hells name could he have come up to nullify the way most of our fan's are feeling right now?

Yes, he got a fantastic point and I mentioned it (before and after) but we really need to set up to win without fear and not just because the manager doesn't want the fallout from his failure.

Nobody would say jot if we lost but left everything on the pitch, doesn't he understand this concept?

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

That's what it was all about,

Trying to keep the score down after the Halifax debacle, so he didn't have to face the music once again, had we gone out 1 nowt on a whimper,

what in hells name could he have come up to nullify the way most of our fan's are feeling right now?

Yes, he got a fantastic point and I mentioned it (before and after) but we really need to set up to win without fear and not just because the manager doesn't want the fallout from his failure.

Nobody would say jot if we lost but left everything on the pitch, doesn't he understand this concept?

Don't think the concept of losing will catch on.

8 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Then you have to change the narrative and make sure it happens less.

By getting everyone behind the ball and counter-attacking for a point or more?

Edited by Boyyou

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

in terms of a gameplan we were brilliant. in terms of pissing people off, its perfect bc they will hear 'brilliant' and remember it looking turd. need some wine now.

FIFY

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Fine if you can get away with it but he's definitely struggling whatever he conjures up

He conjured up a gameplan which people like Paul Cook and James Norwood thought worked well for us. 

If we had gone gung-ho and lost 5-3, "leaving everything on the pitch", would "nobody have said a jot."

Yes, I would like us to be more expansive, particularly when/if we can get midfield sorted (injured returning/signing). But there will still be times when we have to grind it out in this notoriously tough league - and this coming weekend is another one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

But there will still be times when we have to grind it out in this notoriously tough league - and this coming weekend is another one.

He's done enough grinding in 3 out of the 4 game's played and won once, will he continue this strategy in order to hopefully gain another point at Boreham wood? Because they already have our number.

5 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

l feel your pain oh skillfull no10/winger/creative type. but its just for now we are still at the beginning of our journey..

3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I was wondering wether someone should start the Unsworth In campaign. It's not like the fan base is forever divided. Let's balance it out.

WE WANT UNSWORTH IN, SAID WE WANT UNSWORTH IN. GIVE HIM A CHANCE YOU MISERABLE LOT. 

He's only had one close season.

He inherited a shit show.

He steered us away from relegation to mid-table.

He had a strong second half of the season.

We've had a huge turnover in the playing squad.

He has actually signed what seem to be some decent signings.

It takes time for it all to gel.

Everything went wrong in the build-up to Southend.

We're one win from the play-offs.

He is cleverly shifting expectation onto Chesterfield and away from our own team. If you can't see that, then you don't understand what a subtle man he is.

He suffocated their attacking threat.

Rhino ball is……leave that one.

GET OFF HIS BACK.........

Unbelievable, your post.My window cleaner could have steared us away from relegation last year.IMO he has achieved zero so far. I await the return of our midfield from injury and then we'll see.I just worry that players like Reid and Norwood  and Sutton will  try to leave the club before he does. club 

• Like 4