Dear Frank...

All Latics' fans are sincerely grateful for your takeover of our beloved club; we really are. You and your team of people brought a huge sense of relief and renewed optimism for the future. All in the Boundary Park garden appeared rosy.

Last season, for some fans, doubts crept in with regard to the suitability of, perhaps, your most crucial employee; the first team manager. Results were initially poor and performances likewise. The results eventually picked up but performances were generally mediocre. The upturn in results persuaded most that the manager should be given more time and the attendances at the start of this new season showed that the town's football fans were backing your plan.

With the exception of one game, results and performances this season have been way below anyone's expectations. As football fans, we can see clearly that our present manager is not suitable to take us where we need to be. It's just patently obvious to anyone who knows anything about football. You have previously expressed your admiration of "the Athleticos". Most supporters love them too, their generation helps to ensure the survival of the club long in to the future. They have had nothing to shout/sing about and you are in danger of losing their valued support/vocal backing if things continue as they are.

Now, you have been fortunate, and no doubt worked very hard, to reach a stage in life where finances have been very comfortable for many years. You know that Oldham generally remains a "poor borough" and, believe me, watching Latics (particularly away from BP) puts a considerable dent into most people's disposable income. Fans have a right to express their opinion (if they so wish) when things show no signs of improvement whatsoever; particularly after all you have done to provide the manager with every chance of success. Please don't try and silence, or berate, people who have spent their hard earned money following our team for years.

The simple fact, Frank, is this. Our manager needs to be dispensed with before he does long term damage to the club. There is no doubt, our support will drift away further if you don't. Over 1,000 supporters have already recently stopped attending BP and it will be interesting to see Tuesday's home attendance for the York game. Until recently, a reasonable percentage of fans continued to back your policy of "supporting the manager". The tide has turned; that percentage is now very small and everyone I speak to is asking the same question, "Why are they persisting with this manager?"

It really is starting to baffle a lot of supporters and you are in danger of losing the massive swell of goodwill that you deservedly banked after the takeover. Don't let pride come before a fall, Frank. It's never the wrong time to do the right thing.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Long time damage 😅😅😅

Talk about being over dramatic.

You're a proper wind up merchant, I know, but I`ll give you just an example that could happen. Frank persists with his "stand by my employee" mentality - and little improves. Pay on the day supporters dwindle and we get back to the bad days of season ticket holders plus a few. Hits the club very badly in the pocket. Less money to improve the squad, results remain poor, mid-table mediocrity at best, fans get more toxic etc. We remain in non-league and end up losing money hand over fist - then, who knows what.

When Joe Royle was first appointed, I quote,

"Royle, who has been named as a director just over 40 years after his appointment as Oldham boss, says the immediate aim for the club is to "get out of this division".

It needs to happen and it won't with DU in charge. So, definitely long-term damage could result.

Edited by wiseowl

I’ve said in a couple of posts tonight, the board need to look at themselves tonight for over seeing this toxic them and us. 

Cool heads navigate stormy sea, we need to wait for the reaction from the board.

Unfortunately, the last 9 games has probably lost 2500 off the gate for Tuesday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

You're a proper wind up merchant, I know, but I`ll give you just an example that could happen. Frank persists with his "stand by my employee" mentality - and little improves. Pay on the day supporters dwindle and we get back to the bad days of season ticket holders plus a few. Hits the club very badly in the pocket. Less money to improve the squad, results remain poor, mid-table mediocrity at best, fans get more toxic etc. We remain in non-league and end up losing money hand over fist - then, who knows what.

"Royle, who has been named as a director just over 40 years after his appointment as Oldham boss, says the immediate aim for the club is to "get out of this division".

It needs to happen and it won't with DU in charge. So, definitely long-term damage could result. Me done now.

Just block the clown like I did and then his window of opportunist bullshit is getting smaller and then he'll crawl back under whichever rock he came from

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It needs to happen and it won't with DU in charge. So, definitely long-term damage could result. Me done now.

The Rothwells would collectively have to be absolutely stupid to think they can just allow the current situation to continue, I don't think they are so they won't allow it to do so for much longer.

Joe Royle for me is just a token figurehead, I don't see him having any great influence day to day so what he says doesn't really concern me.

Things will be better for the next manager due to the things Unsworth will have helped put in place, fans, well they come and go, we've seen they are out there so again, no concerns there.

Edited by deyres42

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I was going to start a thread but might as well ask the question here. 

Are the board now being Negligent? 

If they don't sack him now, yes. 

Instead of chanting the "your football is shit" chant, change the words to:

Are you watching this

Are you watching this

Darren Royle 

Are you watching this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I was going to start a thread but might as well ask the question here. 

Are the board now being Negligent? 

It could be seen as that sir.

I’m a director of my business and knowledgeable in my own profession.

Frank is Frank and wears his heart and family on his sleeve, which you admire and has obviously saved the club.

My only concern is that the footballing side of the board have somewhat let him hang out to dry when he’s spoken to fan’s directly. Rightly or wrongly why wasn’t he joined with the rest of the footballing board in the away end?.

The CEO and the footballing side of the board need to protect him, not tomorrow or Monday or Tuesday but now.

• Like 1

Of course not. Giving DU 10 games to see how the season is panning out is fine and expected.  

15 games with poor point return would be indecisive IMO.

20 games with poor points return eg 1 point per games, would be bordering negligence IMO, when last year is taken into account.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

The Rothwells would collectively have to be absolutely stupid to think they can just allow the current situation to continue, I don't think they are so they won't allow to do.

. . . And yet Frank is in the stands shouting at Fans- who pays his wages!? 

It is now clear that DR and JR have convinced the family into believing he’s the right man- that is negligent. 

In terms of the Rothwell’s. There’s a big difference between stupid and naive, they the latter not the former. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

. . . And yet Frank is in the stands shouting at Fans- who pays his wages!? 

It is now clear that DR and JR have convinced the family into believing he’s the right man- that is negligent. 

In terms of the Rothwell’s. There’s a big difference between stupid and naive, they the latter not the former. 

Frank maybe needs to reconsider that comment as without fans at games the money won't be there to pay Unsworth and Co. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

My only concern is that the footballing side of the board have somewhat let him hang out to dry when he’s spoken to fan’s directly.

Spot on. 

Someone said this week the board are bemused with the chanting. Frank is having a go, because the board must be telling him we’re all over reacting and he just needs time. 

It’s negligent because they’re putting friendship above the club, and it has to stop. 

• Like 5

My season ticket holding dad came to last week's game  after 5 years ill health, and in his 87 years of attending, said it was the least enjoyable experience. 

Please David have a look in the mirror and see if you can honestly say you have improved the on field side of things.

If not  , do the decent thing and for all Oldham's young and not so young supporters act like the man you ought to be and offer your resignation to the Board.