What’s needed in the squad

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Eminem says on that video Penryn shared that he loves a winger but also that he won't play wingers unless he's got some good uns available.

maybe get em together early doors or late on if needed.

Time to bring youth team right winger Alfie Atherton into the first team squad, best prospect I've seen since Tarky. I see a combination of  Rick Holden and Neil Adams in his style of play.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Time to bring youth team right winger Alfie Atherton into the first team squad, best prospect I've seen since Tarky. I see a combination of  Rick Holden and Neil Adams in his style of play.

Kofi's got three goals in two starts down at Worky*

*probably wrong

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Eminem says on that video Penryn shared that he loves a winger but also that he won't play wingers unless he's got some good uns available.

maybe get em together early doors or late on if needed.

As long as any winger selected doesn't put over crosses 8 Mile high like Stobbs was prone to doing!

I can see him maybe bringing in a few players, if the funds are in place and working with what he has inherited. I have the inclination his playing style may take a while to embed itself into the current team and I am not getting carried away with expecting Latics to start zooming up the league.

The next two games this week?
I predict a draw at best with 'Dale and what really should be a win at AFC Fylde.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I can see him maybe bringing in a few players, if the funds are in place and working with what he has inherited. I have the inclination his playing style may take a while to embed itself into the current team and I am not getting carried away with expecting Latics to start zooming up the league.

The next two games this week?
I predict a draw at best with 'Dale and what really should be a win at AFC Fylde.

Yes I’m not expecting miracles but I’d like to think with all MM’s talk of commitment, professionalism, playing for the people etc that we might manage to get past half time without falling asleep . I think Rochdale will be tough as it always is. Fylde surely has to be a win but who knows. 
I really hope though above all that this isn’t a replica of DU, where week after week, month after month of poor results we were told “patience!! We are rebuilding remember , stop moaning etc” , surely we will see some early glimmers of the sunlit uplands of success a bit sooner. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes I’m not expecting miracles but I’d like to think with all MM’s talk of commitment, professionalism, playing for the people etc that we might manage to get past half time without falling asleep . I think Rochdale will be tough as it always is. Fylde surely has to be a win but who knows. 
I really hope though above all that this isn’t a replica of DU, where week after week, month after month of poor results we were told “patience!! We are rebuilding remember , stop moaning etc” , surely we will see some early glimmers of the sunlit uplands of success a bit sooner. 

l reckon we'll be ok on that front. l mean, l'll almost certainly do it if required, but l think stuff like booming slide tackles in the rain is gona tide us over long enuf for a style to emerge.

16 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Completely different jumping off point for MM. Only three of Unsworth's starting XI from his first game remain at the club, only one (Sheron) is a regular starter. We're missing a couple of pieces of the jigsaw right now whereas back then we didn't even even know if the jigsaw was Big Ben or the Blackpool Tower. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Completely different jumping off point for MM. Only three of Unsworth's starting XI from his first game remain at the club, only one (Sheron) is a regular starter. We're missing a couple of pieces of the jigsaw right now whereas back then we didn't even even know if the jigsaw was Big Ben or the Blackpool Tower. 

Hope you’re right. I still watch us some days and wonder if we recruited wisely. 

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l reckon we'll be ok on that front. l mean, l'll almost certainly do it if required, but l think stuff like booming slide tackles in the rain is gona tide us over long enuf for a style to emerge.

With the odd last minute goal bursting the back of the net just when all the fans start leaving … 

(not our net) 

• Like 1