Meet the Manager

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

So much hyperbole. It isn't a 'fucking huge mess'. We've got an underperforming mid-table team. Have some perspective

In my opinion it's a huge mess which will take some recovering from, I'm sorry I can't share others optimism about our lopsided, underperforming, overpaid, limited squad. If Mellon were able to turn this season round for us it would probably rank amongst his biggest achievements. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

In my opinion it's a huge mess which will take some recovering from, I'm sorry I can't share others optimism about our lopsided, underperforming, overpaid, limited squad. If Mellon were able to turn this season round for us it would probably rank amongst his biggest achievements. 

now lve got my 'back the manager' blinkers off with regards to Unsworth yes youre right. but l also think sign a CM a winger and a full back then 'take the emotion out' of a conversation with the higher ups and get Will out on loan (unless he is the one who refused) let one or two go (lno thats not so simple but it can be) and he needs to make more subs.

my over analytical brain noted he referred to Nuttall as Nuttall.

l still cant believe that save v Newport that was behind the keeper he must have watched the ball right onto Nuttalls head seen the header perfectly his brain worked out the angles and got a strong wrist from where it was to where the ball would be. if he just did that flailing arms in the general direction thing then the ball was already gone.

not sure just that and winning the ball back for out goal the other week will be enough for MM but he will probably get another go and l'll stake £1 (lve been out of work dealing with skin cancer n shit so lm skint) that Nuttalls next chances come in away matches. if possible he will do the same for Shelton.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 9:52 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

To be fair, he's not alone. The award winning podcast said, and this is a direct quote, "don't give it to Micky Mellon. Micky Mellon isn't the future of this club..."

Mega, this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Mega, this.

I was probably aligned with the pod chaps so I can see why they might suggest that at the time. I was unsure and had doubts about Mellon when we were on the recruitment drive. I was sceptical he'd get our full support given his Tranmere connections. I'd heard mixed reviews about his playing style and that it had been attritional, not-too-easy-on-the-eye and expansive. There were one or two in the frame at the time who I'd rather have got but I think anyone can adjust their thinking. I don't believe it's right to crucify someone without them having the benefit of hindsight.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly
  • Like 4