Meet the Manager

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

I hear what you're saying, but no one's beyond question. Frank, Darren Royle, Mellon, anyone.  Having blind faith just because we've got new owners that we assume will be better than the last ones is something we've been guilty of before.

Also, I'm not sure Thompson "lost" his job, did he?  Wasn't he offered his old job back when we decided to go with Mellon, but had a strop and left because he wanted the managers job?  Which kind of suggests the club think he's done alright on the recruitment front.  Which is a bit concerning...

Ofcourse they aren't beyond question but they won't get everything right. That's the nature of the beast. David Unsworth like the previous 22 people to take charge of the 1st team didn't win a promotion a few of them had pedigree too.

Edited by GlossopLatic

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

His record speaks for itself, as I've said previously my doubts are centered on his character and style and whether or not he is the right fit for us.

What’s wrong with his character ? 
What do you mean by style ? What playing style does MM adopt and what do you think OAFC fans want to see ? 

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

To be fair, he's not alone. The award winning podcast said, and this is a direct quote, "don't give it to Micky Mellon. Micky Mellon isn't the future of this club..."

I really like the Pod. But, they are blinkered due to the Tranmere link. Also, some of the opinion / predictions are way off the mark more often than not. 

Andy is the most balanced, has he said anything on MM ? 

He’s a great appointment and I don’t think we could have asked for much better… he’s done what we want to achieve with a similar club. 

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

His record speaks for itself, as I've said previously my doubts are centered on his character and style and whether or not he is the right fit for us.

What about his character worries you to the extent it worries you? What do you know that we don’t?

23 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What do you mean by style ? What playing style does MM adopt and what do you think OAFC fans want to see ? 

He comes across as a dour character. His teams have a reputation for playing pragmatically. Most fans probably just want winning football at any cost.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He comes across as a dour character. His teams have a reputation for playing pragmatically. Most fans probably just want winning football at any cost.

He just comes across as a Scottish bloke, Sheridan is hardly charismatic. 

Can’t really comment on his playing style at other clubs. But we seem to be at least trying to pass it more since he’s come in. It’s it early to say what his playing style is. 

You just getting your opinion in early to come back and say you raised your concerns early doors, if it goes wrong ? 

48 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We won't know until he brings in players he knows can fit his style. Hope it's soon.

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Can’t really comment on his playing style at other clubs. But we seem to be at least trying to pass it more since he’s come in. It’s it early to say what his playing style is. 

You just getting your opinion in early to come back and say you raised your concerns early doors, if it goes wrong ? 

True, I worked for Jimmy Sirrel.

He got results though with his own style of play.

Edited by BP1960

ok lve just watched that three times and totally changed my plans for today.

that was absolutely amazing. there was a double assasination attempt on Wazza which l'm glad happened and l hope people can put that to bed now. genuinely openly pleading with all that to stop. we have got an absolute star there, but he 33. to describe him as the 'most off the cuff' man you can get makes me tingly for him.

formatiions are an obsession in our fan base, but that was dealt with excellently.

l sometimes take lectures for my friends. actually, used to lve not done it for a while bc l pushed them sway but there l go again l digress. what lm trying to say is MM is an expert in his field. we are all set to go now and three times he praised the fanbase and asked for it to be as good as we can be so l hope we all try and do that.

all the questions we important in their own way and all l really disagreed with was the music one. the best boyband ever is 5ive.

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not really, I said all this before the appointment.

Operative word being BEEN, he/team need to start going in the right direction .If they continue to play as they did against Newport they ain't getting out of this league anytime soon. It was dire , zero  willingness to win a game. It was like a training session . 2 strikers who couldn't be arsed, no midfield and a hesitant goalie who won't kick a ball.