Meet the Manager

Just now, Monty Burns said:

thats how you find sumat. ask somebody else where it is an it appears!

Except when yer looking for summat in the kitchen cupboard and it definitely ain’t there but her indoors manages to come over and find it immediately and then shower you with abuse!!😂😂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Also, has the manager assessed the all the youth team players yet, incuding those out on loan, and if so considered any for training with the first team?

Several of last year's squad are training with the first team whilst on loan.

Our squad is probably big enough without cluttering it up with youngsters who are very unlikely to figure in a team chasing the play-offs.

31 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Several of last year's squad are training with the first team whilst on loan.

Our squad is probably big enough without cluttering it up with youngsters who are very unlikely to figure in a team chasing the play-offs.

Have you any evidence of any of this seasons youths training with the first team? I've never seen any and pass the training grounds frequently.

It's a managers job to personally assess his staff like in any other workplace. How else will he know if some or better or not than others?

I'm asking if he's actually seen them play. You cannot speak for him.

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Have you any evidence of any of this seasons youths training with the first team? I've never seen any and pass the training grounds frequently.

It's a managers job to personally assess his staff like in any other workplace. How else will he know if some or better or not than others?

Mid-way through a season isn't the right time to be assessing whether 17 year olds are ready for first team action. If they are obviously ready no doubt an experienced youth team boss like Paul Murray will be in Mellon's ear. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 ye @Bobledgersheart who do you think you are speaking on behalf of the manager? 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I note Mellon saying- we have to respect the investment into the squad and the money that has been spent. 

I think those expecting a few signings this season are going to disappointed. 

He also said this…

“Q: Do you see yourself going into the transfer/loan market quite soon?

MM: We talk about it all the time, we have the ability to do that, for the level we're working at we have a healthy budget. But we want to look at the group we have at the minute. Is it good enough to take us forward. We'll look at the games and performances and as we go along if opportunities come for people to come to Oldham with the right mentality then we would try to bring that. It's ongoing and if we have the opportunity to bring in players who we think we can make the club better we'll go and do that.”

So although I don’t think we’ll see a complete overhaul, I fully expect to see some key signings at some point.