2 hours ago, True Tic said:

Yes, we stood off Gateshead for some strange reason, yes they’re ok but that’s it, reminded me of Unsworth. I just kept thinking why aren’t we in their faces. You simply have to battle for the ball then keep the thing or of you can’t keep it make those first touches count. 

Playing Gardner isn't going to change that.

15 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I didn’t think it would, It’s just a tactic I think should be used more often . The more you lay off players the more likely they are to create something . 

the players defo arent bein told to back off. Eminem is tellin them to do what we want.

no subs made last match was interesting

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

the players defo arent bein told to back off. Eminem is tellin them to do what we want.

no subs made last match was interesting

If everyone challenged for loose balls like stones was doing on Saturday it’d be a step in the right direction 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

He can't tackle. And he doesn't help in retaining possession. Release.

That's just not true, when he's on the pitch we look stronger in the centre of the park, granted he needs to be one of a three in there preferably with Lundstrum and Sheron.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

To be fair, all the players should now be playing the antithesis of 'Rhinoball'. 
They've had long enough to get it out of their system.

Players brought in to play Rhinoball and can’t play how Mellon wants them to? 

Unsworth wanted seemingly a no press counter attack; some success away from home when opposition have possession. 

When we have the ball and need do something with it some of the players we have are not comfortable with that style. 

Doesn’t explain Gateshead though which based on the above theory should have been right up our street. 

Can’t fancy Willoughby or Fondop given he has brought Stones in who plays ahead of them as soon as he has come in. 

Nuttall immediately bombed out, Shelton, Dickenson, Freeman, Ward not featuring and deemed not good enough? 

Hopefully get a couple of these out, some players in the mould he wants and things will start looking up.  Surely we are not a million miles away… 

2 hours ago, Theoutsider said:

Players brought in to play Rhinoball and can’t play how Mellon wants them to? 

Unsworth wanted seemingly a no press counter attack; some success away from home when opposition have possession. 

When we have the ball and need do something with it some of the players we have are not comfortable with that style. 

Doesn’t explain Gateshead though which based on the above theory should have been right up our street. 

Can’t fancy Willoughby or Fondop given he has brought Stones in who plays ahead of them as soon as he has come in. 

Nuttall immediately bombed out, Shelton, Dickenson, Freeman, Ward not featuring and deemed not good enough? 

Hopefully get a couple of these out, some players in the mould he wants and things will start looking up.  Surely we are not a million miles away… 

Ward back in training this week

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’ve just realised something- given we aren’t winning the league. We need to finish no higher than 6th, that way both games before Wembley are away from home. . .  where we excel. I wouldn’t fancy us against anyone in the playoffs in a home tie. 

It is envisaged we will bring in further additions so the home form will change, hopefully creating a momentum going in to the play offs, MM is getting the the best out of the squad at his disposale 👏

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’ve just realised something- given we aren’t winning the league. We need to finish no higher than 6th, that way both games before Wembley are away from home. . .  where we excel. I wouldn’t fancy us against anyone in the playoffs in a home tie. 

agreed but l think we will finish 4th