OAFC Accounts 2022-23

1 hour ago, Theoutsider said:

Staff numbers up by by 22 which maybe explains the “lies”? 

I was referring to the football staff. Apparently we had no sports scientist, physio, catering for players, scouts, analysis staff etc. etc. before the take over which is know was lies.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

I was referring to the football staff. Apparently we had no sports scientist, physio, catering for players, scouts, analysis staff etc. etc. before the take over which is know was lies.

You mean like the lie your mate told us for years that the North Stand was unsafe.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

You mean like the lie your mate told us for years that the North Stand was unsafe.

Or the one he told us that it would be ready for the season start despite not having an electricity supply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 9:45 PM, PeteG said:

Speaking of wages, it's interesting that the number of staff employed has only gone up by about 4 despite now having to run the North Stand 7 days a week coupled with the fact we were told under the previous regime we had no scouts, no sports scientist, no ground staff etc. etc. Another load of lies or have we not really employed all these backroom staff and scouts we've been told about.

On 3/30/2024 at 10:54 AM, PeteG said:

Physios and scouts "run[ning] the North Stand 7 days a week", are they...? 

On 3/28/2024 at 1:13 PM, GlossopLatic said:

I think we have to accept that football clubs infact sports clubs in general are failed business models. The club only really makes significant money 23 days a year yet the outgoings are on a daily basis any other business would go under with such unsustainable losses. Promotion won't solve that it will boost revenue but if we want to be competitive at that level we will have to pay out more in wages on the pitch.

We are very much at the whim of the owners fortunately we have the right ones in charge. As proved though football does attract alot of bad actors such as vain football agents or other opportunists who want the status of being involved but Contribute nothing. These people unfortunately do alot of damage to football clubs and football in general keeping them away from football is a difficult thing.

Wages are a major problem, I read ours was £1.5m pa for the playing squad alone.

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Works out at ~£30,000 a week - with a squad our size, that feels very plausible...

When you think that maybe Nuttall, Norwood & Garner would probably account for 1/3 of that!

I think the playing staff wage bill is around 2m isn’t it?

I believe the budget was 1.7m but has increased as the season went on. 

There’s no way our wage bill was/is 30k a week for 30+ senior players.

I imagine we’re paying majority of Dallas’ wage, between him Norwood Nuttall and Garner there’s probably 12-13k a week there alone

4 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I imagine we’re paying majority of Dallas’ wage, between him Norwood Nuttall and Garner there’s probably 12-13k a week there alone

How much does gate money achieve in a season?

27 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Can’t see Garner being on much