MATCH: Rochdale (H) 06/04/24

53 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Which is fine and understandable- saying he’s shit as some have or singling him out when he’s contributed more than than any other midfielder is nonsense. 

He has contributed more than any other. But he opitimises this team and is at the very heart of it. That’s why we are not good enough 

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s shit. 

Don’t you criticise Norwood? He’s contributed more than any other player on the pitch all season. 

Nathan Sheron is an absolutely shit central midfielder. He can run, but he can’t pass or look after a football. 

We have struggled in midfield ever since he’s been ever present, open your eyes. 

Think like meeeee! 😂😂😂

We’re talking about the midfield. . not the squad, but to answer your completely irrelevant point about your fan boy- I don’t criticise Norwoods ability, I criticise his attitude. 

On Sheron. 

Players player of the year last season. 

Most appearances of any player this season. 

3rd highest goal scorer. 

Contributed more goals and assists than other MIDFIELDER -  bar none. 

But yeah, he’s shit. 

Laughable comment. 

I get rid of every single midfielder before Sheron- and only then I’d replace him for better. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Completely agree with this. The control of the midfield hasn’t been the issue the last two games. It’s been the lack of any creativity out wide or in midfield. But we havnt been overran in midfield. 

True but I feel Norwood not having a partner isn't helping here in the current system. It's a tough one do you play 2 uptop and sacrifice 1 in the middle and you get over run through the middle like we did in that first half against Fylde.

In conclusion this team has played it's best football playing 3-5-2. I know we don't really have an RWB and Kitching prefers LB but with this current squad I think its the best formation. 

So team for Tuesday (My personal choice)

Hudson 

Hobson Raglan Hogan

Sutton       McGahey     Kitching

Lundstrum     Hope

Dallas        Norwood

11 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

He has contributed more than any other. But he opitimises this team and is at the very heart of it. That’s why we are not good enough 

No problem with that, he has his limitations and we need better, but he’s the best of a bad bunch and by no means shit. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Think like meeeee! 😂😂😂

We’re talking about the midfield. . not the squad, but to answer your completely irrelevant point about your fan boy- I don’t criticise Norwoods ability, I criticise his attitude. 

On Sheron. 

3rd highest goal scorer. 

But yeah, he’s shit. 

Laughable comment. 

I get rid of every single midfielder before Sheron- and only then I’d replace him for better. 

We finish outside the playoffs next season if Nathan sheron is running it. Simple.

You can’t put a player of his quality at the heart of the team and expect the playoffs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Think like meeeee! 😂😂😂

On Sheron. 

3rd highest goal scorer. 

But yeah, he’s shit. 

Laughable comment. 

He’s crap honestly. Been on the bench last two games so hopefully he’s off soon. 

A 28year old lump of a centre back is showing him how to play holding midfield. 

I’d say he would be a good centre back / right back. But we tried that when he first joined and he was even worse. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No problem with that, he has his limitations and we need better, but he’s the best of a bad bunch and by no means shit. 

Yeah I get that. But he and hogan are our rocks. Those players with experience and occupying a position which is so critical to the team. Think Mike Milligan. 

You need your Mike Milligan to be of a certain standard to get anywhere. 

Jury is out on lundstrum and conlon. They haven’t been here long enough to make a call as to whether they are up to it. 

sheron on the other hand absolutely has to be replaced. That doesn’t mean he is the worst player. It doesn’t mean he can’t be player of the season. He may be. But he needs to go if we are to progress. I can’t really say that so definitively about any other player 

the fact that he and McGahey haven’t been replaced explains our league position. It’s as simple as that 

Edited by AndyB2

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Gardner, Lundy, Conlon and McGahey all better than Sheron. So he’s not the best of a bad bunch. 

45 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s shit. 

Don’t you criticise Norwood? He’s contributed more than any other player on the pitch all season. 

Nathan Sheron is an absolutely shit central midfielder. He can run, but he can’t pass or look after a football. 

We have struggled in midfield ever since he’s been ever present, open your eyes. 

Scored more than most of our squad. Probably got more assists than most

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

That’s a secondary benefit and not what he should be judged on.

He is at the heart of a midfield that gets walked through with ease and dominated every week, almost without fail 

15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He played one good ball Garner, can’t remember any other decent passes. 

Hes scored a few when he doesn’t need to think. 

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Don't count then?

It counts. But I’d rather he did his job which is make the midfield difficult to penetrate. Scoring the odd goal doesn’t come close to compensating for his limitations in actually doing what he is in the team to do.

He is the only midfielder who has had a clear and consistent brief over a prolonged period and who has been given a fair crack at delivering that brief over two seasons. He’s at the heart of a team that has failed 

14 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

It counts. But I’d rather he did his job which is make the midfield difficult to penetrate. Scoring the odd goal doesn’t come close to compensating for his limitations in actually doing what he is in the team to do.

He is the only midfielder who has had a clear and consistent brief over a prolonged period and who has been given a fair crack at delivering that brief over two seasons. He’s at the heart of a team that has failed 

If he hadn't contributed what he had, season would have been over a lot sooner

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Counts. I’ve watched him for two seasons be crap in our midfield. He’s rubbish and we could do so so much better. 

So replace him after you've replaced the others

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If he hadn't contributed what he had, season would have been over a lot sooner

So replace him after you've replaced the others

We don’t know the others need replacing yet.

underwhelming and disappointing as conlon, lundstrum have been, the jury remains out on them. 

the jury is not out on sheron. well not in my view.

i believe we need to replace him to get anywhere. I am not willing to say that about the other two above 

Just now, AndyB2 said:

We don’t know the others need replacing yet.

underwhelming and disappointing as conlon, lundstrum have been, the jury remains out on them. 

the jury is not out on sheron. well not in my view.

i believe we need to replace him to get anywhere. I am not willing to say that about the other two above 

And yes. You are right. Without his goals we would be say 12th. But I am not looking for players who can make the difference between 12th and 9th. I am after players who can get us into the playoffs. He ain’t that 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Gardner, Lundy, Conlon and McGahey all better than Sheron. So he’s not the best of a bad bunch. 

I'm not sure what you're basing that on..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

And yes. You are right. Without his goals we would be say 12th. But I am not looking for players who can make the difference between 12th and 9th. I am after players who can get us into the playoffs. He ain’t that 

Another Sheron and you'd be 9th to 6th by that stupid logic

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Another Sheron and you'd be 9th to 6th by that stupid logic

Without his goals. 

as in with him in the team, we would be 12th if he hadn’t scored as many goals. 

yes I accept that. 

but we are 9th, not 4th partly because he is in the team.

I don’t expect you to understand that but have a go chap. 

Edited by AndyB2

14 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Without his goals. 

yes I accept that. 

Are you seriously suggesting that our third top goal scorer is the reason we aren’t in the playoffs? 

36 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm not sure what you're basing that on..

They are all technically better than him by a mile. Gardner and Conlon played higher. McGahey is more trusted as the CDM. Lundstram is better than him. 

15 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Without his goals. 

yes I accept that. 

I got what you meant. But seen as nobody else contributes from midfield then another Sheron would have you higher.