I think we are in danger of getting fixated with the figures.

It's more than understandable that the number will dip after last season and would do at most clubs so let's not beat ourselves up about it.

As long as we get the product right on the pitch the supporters will come back.

• Like 1

Cant be arsed with doing the figures but with the reasonable  increase in price and the current number of tickets sold wont this be similar to the revenue raised by season ticket sales last year?

10 hours ago, another fan said:

Cant be arsed with doing the figures but with the reasonable  increase in price and the current number of tickets sold wont this be similar to the revenue raised by season ticket sales last year?

Yes but when we average around 5000 empty home seats every game for me it's better to get them through the door at the lower price because they will spend as much each when we get them here, if we were at capacity I get it but the grounds half empty every week.

Justifying it by saying we have 3000 who will pay whatever the price harks back to the previous regime, on the flip side if we can have a good start it leaves plenty of seats for the POTD fan who'll have to pay an higher price, putting them up and losing a few is a gamble.

Haven’t had a season ticket for 30 years.

Last season, and to some degree the season before, were anomalies in that there was no correlation between quality of product and sales (the frank effect).

That effect (on crowds) won’t last another season as I have no doubt season ticket sales will be showing.

However, the last couple of seasons have proved that our fan base is there to be had (I previously wasn’t convinced of that).

But no business can expect its customers to shell out when the product is poor.

The new season is a reset in that regard and we will see a more honest correlation between product quality and number of paying punters.

Over to you Royle, Mickey et al 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Haven’t had a season ticket for 30 years.

Last season, and to some degree the season before, were anomalies in that there was no correlation between quality of product and sales (the frank effect).

That effect (on crowds) won’t last another season as I have no doubt season ticket sales will be showing.

However, the last couple of seasons have proved that our fan base is there to be had (I previously wasn’t convinced of that).

But no business can expect its customers to shell out when the product is poor.

The new season is a reset in that regard and we will see a more honest correlation between product quality and number of paying punters.

Over to you Royle, Mickey et al 

good post. l'm not expecting any drop in sales, tho.

Edited by Monty Burns

From the fans forum - Tuesday May 21:

Q: Is there a season ticket update?

LR: I think we've just tipped over 3,000 today which is better than we were expecting. It's the same as where we were this time last year, 10 per cent down in numbers but in terms of revenue it's the same. Season tickets are a massive element to player budget so thank you for

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

From the fans forum - Tuesday May 21:

Q: Is there a season ticket update?

LR: I think we've just tipped over 3,000 today which is better than we were expecting. It's the same as where we were this time last year, 10 per cent down in numbers but in terms of revenue it's the same. Season tickets are a massive element to player budget so thank you for

A point I made regarding season tickets and the budget which @League one forever said was horse shit...

23 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l love bein right nearly all the time

As opposed to what?

LR politician answer, over the moon we've made the same money from less punters shite. The increase in prices was designed to generate more money from the same number of punters, So they are disappointed really. Call a spade a spade and be credable.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

As opposed to what?

LR politician answer, over the moon we've made the same money from less punters shite. The increase in prices was designed to generate more money from the same number of punters, So they are disappointed really. Call a spade a spade and be credable.

as opposed to being wrong all the time. bein wrong nearly all tje time or thinking l'm right all of the time like certain people that post on 'ere.

not you btw, youre jus crazy 👍🏻🤣

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

as opposed to being wrong all the time. bein wrong nearly all tje time or thinking l'm right all of the time like certain people that post on 'ere.

not you btw, youre jus crazy 👍🏻🤣

I'll take crazy, been called much worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

well lve called you Bazza for starters!!

That's mild, and who'd have thought OWTB's fervor gets out of control. Where fiction becomes real and real becomes fiction. He said she said no one said you said I said. School yard antics and Acid like behaviour where a persons true character gets lost in the fog.

Anyway, I've renewed.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 11:47 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

A point I made regarding season tickets and the budget which @League one forever said was horse shit...

😂😂

What do you want him to say? 

We’re not arsed about season ticket money? Of course he’ll say that,and with some credibility- he wants and needs as much income as possible. I never said it was an element of incomings. What I said was and I stick to is isn’t a massive element. If it was - why did LR go onto to say later. 

(Paraphrasing in response to a question about the families commitment to the club) 

We’re still really enjoying it, and we’ll currently putting 6 figures a month into the football club, we’ll continue to do that until we can it make self sustainable. 

Why do the family need to put 6 figures in A MONTH if season tickets are a massive element. Because current season tickets sales don’t come anywhere near covering costs. 

If we had 6/7 thousand season tickets sales I’d agree with you, but we don’t. We rely on season tickets, potd, gym, hospitality and the family are still making up a 6 figure shortfall every month. 

On 5/23/2024 at 2:57 PM, Lags said:

That's mild, and who'd have thought OWTB's fervor gets out of control. Where fiction becomes real and real becomes fiction. He said she said no one said you said I said. School yard antics and Acid like behaviour where a persons true character gets lost in the fog.

Anyway, I've renewed.

niceeee 😎

On 5/25/2024 at 2:07 PM, League one forever said:

😂😂

What do you want him to say? 

We’re not arsed about season ticket money? Of course he’ll say that,and with some credibility- he wants and needs as much income as possible. I never said it was an element of incomings. What I said was and I stick to is isn’t a massive element. If it was - why did LR go onto to say later. 

(Paraphrasing in response to a question about the families commitment to the club) 

We’re still really enjoying it, and we’ll currently putting 6 figures a month into the football club, we’ll continue to do that until we can it make self sustainable. 

Why do the family need to put 6 figures in A MONTH if season tickets are a massive element. Because current season tickets sales don’t come anywhere near covering costs. 

If we had 6/7 thousand season tickets sales I’d agree with you, but we don’t. We rely on season tickets, potd, gym, hospitality and the family are still making up a 6 figure shortfall every month. 

lma gona say we will sell 5000 jus bc l came so close to bein correct last year