OK, the football has been really poor and we haven’t progressed as we would have liked but the club need you more than ever! 

If you listen to today’s BPAS podcast on you tube you will have a better understanding of just how much the Rothwell’s have put in and continue to put in to our football club. 

We don’t go to Oldham to watch fantastic free flowing football, if that’s what you want then stick to watching the Premiership on Sky/TNT etc. 

Next season we lose the parachute payments from the EFL and as a result will lose our academy. 

If we want our club to grow and prosper then we must buy a Season ticket, if sales fall off due to the product on offer the Rothwell’s might just start to think what’s the point, if the fans aren’t behind us why should we bother. 

Even though I will only be able to attend perhaps 50% of the games I’ve bought one at £220 which works out at £9.56 a match. 
We almost lost the club altogether and IMO it’s a small price to pay. 

We’ve come along way in the 2 years post ‘Lemmies’ but the owners aren’t going to get everything right all the time. 
If we stick with them and support them financially I have no doubt whatsoever that we will definitely get there! 

The football over the last few years has been awful and not worth the money at all but we all want a successful club contesting the promotion places. Keep backing the club and we will get there! 

I urge all of you to get that

season ticket and show Frank that he is not wasting his time and his money!! 

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I've had a season ticket for 35 years and will be renewing but its fair to say that it is more in hope than expectation. I have no faith that Mellon will become the manager who leads us back to the EFL. There needs to be a lot of manoeuvering and a number of shrewd acquisitions to start with a squad that meets Mellon's "I know what good looks like" mantra.

My fear is that the financial restrictions for next season will not allow Mellon to start with the players he wants and he has shown that he cannot sufficiently motivate the standard of footballer he will have to work with.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

OK, the football has been really poor and we haven’t progressed as we would have liked but the club need you more than ever! 

If you listen to today’s BPAS podcast on you tube you will have a better understanding of just how much the Rothwell’s have put in and continue to put in to our football club. 

We don’t go to Oldham to watch fantastic free flowing football, if that’s what you want then stick to watching the Premiership on Sky/TNT etc. 

Next season we lose the parachute payments from the EFL and as a result will lose our academy. 

If we want our club to grow and prosper then we must buy a Season ticket, if sales fall off due to the product on offer the Rothwell’s might just start to think what’s the point, if the fans aren’t behind us why should we bother. 

Even though I will only be able to attend perhaps 50% of the games I’ve bought one at £220 which works out at £9.56 a match. 
We almost lost the club altogether and IMO it’s a small price to pay. 

We’ve come along way in the 2 years post ‘Lemmies’ but the owners aren’t going to get everything right all the time. 
If we stick with them and support them financially I have no doubt whatsoever that we will definitely get there! 

The football over the last few years has been awful and not worth the money at all but we all want a successful club contesting the promotion places. Keep backing the club and we will get there! 

I urge all of you to get that season ticket and show Frank that he is 
not wasting his time and his money!! 

I always renew mine. It's the team I follow not the regime.

Mind you if I won the Euromillions jackpot I'd buy the club, make Frank and his family honorary members... and myself chief scout.😄

• Like 2

Just now, BP1960 said:

I always renew mine. It's the team I follow not the regime.

Mind you if I won the Euromillions jackpot I'd buy the club, make Frank and his family honorary members... and myself chief scout.😄

You wouldn't sign James Berry?

Will purchase 2 as always on payday. Brother doing the same. I leave BP pissed off at 5pm most Saturday’s but there’s still nowhere else i’d rather be. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

First pick of course.

If we could of signed all the one's you'd tipped

We'd of easily of been sat in the play offs now and probably would have had a decent chance at them aswell 

Never mind, there's always next season but I'm still doubting the recruitment even before it's happened 🫣

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I've had a season ticket for 35 years and will be renewing but its fair to say that it is more in hope than expectation. I have no faith that Mellon will become the manager who leads us back to the EFL. There needs to be a lot of manoeuvering and a number of shrewd acquisitions to start with a squad that meets Mellon's "I know what good looks like" mantra.

My fear is that the financial restrictions for next season will not allow Mellon to start with the players he wants and he has shown that he cannot sufficiently motivate the standard of footballer he will have to work with.

I hope you’re wrong, but I suspect you’re not. 

34 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

If we could of signed all the one's you'd tipped

We'd of easily of been sat in the play offs now and probably would have had a decent chance at them aswell 

Never mind, there's always next season but I'm still doubting the recruitment even before it's happened 🫣

Unfortunately, I was told DU preferred experience, even though I know ST liked the more dynamic players.

I can't get to matches because of a health condition and distance double-whammy but can manage the occasional game now and again. I go 50-50 with a mate who can get to most games, so although not a full contribution, a little is better than nothing. I think the OP has made a pretty good case for getting behind the club if not the set of tossers we have playing for us at the moment.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Call me a cock eyed optimist but I'm getting one because believe we can win promotion next year.

Glossop, you're a cock eyed optimist.

I'm getting one in the hope that Oldhamer Brian Cox can persuade the club to change the player entrance tune to "Things can only get better"

I`ve no desire whatsoever to contribute to paying the wages, over the summer, of a large proportion of this current squad. I`ll await what I hope will be a clearout of the dross and then make my mind up. If there is no clear out (including quite a few of the contracted players that MM alludes to) I`ll be a POTD.

FWIW I don't think the season ticket money is actually that big a deal. It's relative peanuts in the grander scheme of things. We shall have to wait and see whether the people with the money are still willing to pump it in the way they have over the past couple of years (and by that I don't mean on signing/paying average to mediocre players on inflated wages).

Fingers firmly crossed.

2 hours ago, spanishfly said:

FWIW I don't think the season ticket money is actually that big a deal. It's relative peanuts in the grander scheme of things.

So, we apparently sold 4550 season tickets. If you average that out at £200 it’s around £900k and with the increase for next season a similar take up would be almost £1.2m….I’d hardly call it peanuts!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

So, we apparently sold 4550 season tickets. If you average that out at £200 it’s around £900k and with the increase for next season a similar take up would be almost £1.2m….I’d hardly call it peanuts!

We'll do well to shift 3.5k this time.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Any update on how many have been sold  so far and in comparison with the same time last season?

Probably too embarrassed to publish any updates.
Can't possibly see the lofty heights of last close season being reached.

21 hours ago, spanishfly said:

FWIW I don't think the season ticket money is actually that big a deal. It's relative peanuts in the grander scheme of things. We shall have to wait and see whether the people with the money are still willing to pump it in the way they have over the past couple of years (and by that I don't mean on signing/paying average to mediocre players on inflated wages).

Fingers firmly crossed.

That's exactly what Wiseowl used to say.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's exactly what Wiseowl used to say.

Did he/she/they? Wow! 2 people express similar views. A miracle. I bet there's no other 2 people on this board who express similar views are there? 

P.S. i`ve just looked at wiseowls profile. Saw many posts regarding season tickets in connection with his/her protests under the ownership of Lemsagam. None exactly like mine at all regarding season tickets. Wiseowl also went to a lot of away games apparently. I can't easily get to away games without help because of a disability. I haven't drunk alcohol for over 10 years and I think the wise bird was partial to a beer. Can we please let this silly conspiracy theory go now once and for all?

Edited by spanishfly