Two renewed here, my 15 year old daughter declined the offer and I can’t blame her. She’s sat in the MSU for the last 5 seasons and has had enough. Don’t think the football was the main contributing factor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spanishfly said:

Did he/she/they? Wow! 2 people express similar views. A miracle. I bet there's no other 2 people on this board who express similar views are there? 

P.S. i`ve just looked at wiseowls profile. Saw many posts regarding season tickets in connection with his/her protests under the ownership of Lemsagam. None exactly like mine at all regarding season tickets. Wiseowl also went to a lot of away games apparently. I can't easily get to away games without help because of a disability. I haven't drunk alcohol for over 10 years and I think the wise bird was partial to a beer. Can we please let this silly conspiracy theory go now once and for all?

I know I know but sometimes you just really sound like him :). He did actually say that season tickets weren't a big deal and even advocated scraping them all together.

FWIW Someone once came on here and accused me of being Neil Joy (he lives around Glossop) 😀 we all laugh about that now it even resulted in me going on the podcast and effectively clearing my name.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I know I know but sometimes you just really sound like him :). He did actually say that season tickets weren't a big deal and even advocated scraping them all together.

FWIW Someone once came on here and accused me of being Neil Joy (he lives around Glossop) 😀 we all laugh about that now it even resulted in me going on the podcast and effectively clearing my name.

Ye, but you're definitely not Neil Joy

19 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Did he/she/they? Wow! 2 people express similar views. A miracle. I bet there's no other 2 people on this board who express similar views are there? 

P.S. i`ve just looked at wiseowls profile. Saw many posts regarding season tickets in connection with his/her protests under the ownership of Lemsagam. None exactly like mine at all regarding season tickets. Wiseowl also went to a lot of away games apparently. I can't easily get to away games without help because of a disability. I haven't drunk alcohol for over 10 years and I think the wise bird was partial to a beer. Can we please let this silly conspiracy theory go now once and for all?

So there’s no truth in the mods rejecting the username smartsparrow so you went with Spanishfly ? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye, but you're definitely not Neil Joy

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So there’s no truth in the mods rejecting the username smartsparrow so you went with Spanishfly ? 

Ok ok I give in, I`ll admit....................... I am Spartacus.

Guess you children must be bored. Mind you, watching Latics I`m not surprised. 

Reading the above, the disappointment is tangible as we end the season on whimper.  It is difficult to fathom how we have failed to make the play offs after the optimism at the start of the season.  We all expected immediate success because we had new owners, investment and what appeared to be some good signings  But this is Oldham Athletic, and we all should know that is not how success works here.  Notwithstanding, I genuinely believe we will soon be able to look back on the struggles, the adversities, the losses as part of the journey to success   Thinking about the bigger picture, we have come from poor owners who almost sank the club into oblivion to now having amazing new owners who have invested millions into the infrastructure and team.  Despite the disappointments on the pitch, the overall trajectory is moving in the right direction.  Wrexham and Stockport both endured similar struggles and both are now starting next season in League 1.  We will get there, hopefully next season, and we just need to be patient.    Yes we all craved immediate success after the change but, more importantly, we need sustainability to ensure the club can continue for the generations to come.  With the Rothwell's at the helm, the building blocks are being put in place for a brighter future.  So long as we have Frank investing his money, the least we can do is keep supporting the ownership as much as we can.  Renewing my ST is a small price to pay.     

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Reading the above, the disappointment is tangible as we end the season on whimper.  It is difficult to fathom how we have failed to make the play offs after the optimism at the start of the season.  We all expected immediate success because we had new owners, investment and what appeared to be some good signings  But this is Oldham Athletic, and we all should know that is not how success works here.  Notwithstanding, I genuinely believe we will soon be able to look back on the struggles, the adversities, the losses as part of the journey to success   Thinking about the bigger picture, we have come from poor owners who almost sank the club into oblivion to now having amazing new owners who have invested millions into the infrastructure and team.  Despite the disappointments on the pitch, the overall trajectory is moving in the right direction.  Wrexham and Stockport both endured similar struggles and both are now starting next season in League 1.  We will get there, hopefully next season, and we just need to be patient.    Yes we all craved immediate success after the change but, more importantly, we need sustainability to ensure the club can continue for the generations to come.  With the Rothwell's at the helm, the building blocks are being put in place for a brighter future.  So long as we have Frank investing his money, the least we can do is keep supporting the ownership as much as we can.  Renewing my ST is a small price to pay.     

Best post I've read for a long time.

Thank You. 👍

On 4/15/2024 at 7:46 PM, spanishfly said:

I`ve no desire whatsoever to contribute to paying the wages, over the summer, of a large proportion of this current squad. 

FWIW I don't think the season ticket money is actually that big a deal. It's relative peanuts in 

oh dear 🙄

• Like 2

Surely they aren't thinking the slow season ticket sales are down to the matchday facilities?, now I know you need to queue up from quarter past three if you want a pint at half time but the only thing anyone is really concerned with is what's happening on the pitch. If that continues as is they won't even have this to worry about it and much of what will be heing requested in the survey people have been asking for for months if not years.