After Mellon’s comments post game on Saturday, bearing in mind what he said, surely there has to be a statement of some sort from the board.

We haven’t heard a whisper from DR at all and it’s about time he put fans in the picture and outlined the club’s direction/plan going forward!

A positive spin regarding next season has to be forthcoming as Mellon’s comments will no doubt have had an extremely negative effect on future season ticket sales and renewals.

Supporters around me on Saturday were generally about 50/50 on the possibility of renewing. If that’s the general feeling then a drop of even 25% would be pretty catastrophic and hinder our chances massively!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

After Mellon’s comments post game on Saturday, bearing in mind what he said, surely there has to be a statement of some sort from the board.

We haven’t heard a whisper from DR at all and it’s about time he put fans in the picture and outlined the club’s direction/plan going forward!

A positive spin regarding next season has to be forthcoming as Mellon’s comments will no doubt have had an extremely negative effect on future season ticket sales and renewals.

Supporters around me on Saturday were generally about 50/50 on the possibility of renewing. If that’s the general feeling then a drop of even 25% would be pretty catastrophic and hinder our chances massively!

Yep agreed, I don’t think a fans forum it’s the right thing at the moment. Too much disharmony and it would turn ugly. 

But a rallying statement is definitely needed. It should include an acknowledgment of the mistakes made and giving some re-commitment to putting it right, and asking the fans to keep supporting the club. 

I don’t doubt the board have made honest mistakes but silence is alienating and aloof, even if it’s with good intentions. 

• Like 1

I agree with oafc 1955 and League One. I always try and stay positive where possible, but that interview definitely knocked me a bit.

I love a rallying cry and it's something I feel I need to get me going again :)

Come on Latics , I know some people will pick at any sort of statement but I feel saying nothing is worse.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

You can hear from Royle every month if you are happy to pay for the privilege.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Your thread should be titled “Statement?”. You raised my hopes because I thought he’d gone!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Is that actually true? Do you have to pay for the privilege and if so why.

Makes my decision to swerve a season ticket even more easier if that's the case, when this has been mentioned before I actually thought it a joke. Whose in the exclusive club then?.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is that actually true? Do you have to pay for the privilege and if so why.

Makes my decision to swerve a season ticket even more easier if that's the case, when this has been mentioned before I actually thought it a joke. Whose in the exclusive club then?.

You don’t, Eyrsey is making things up again. He talked to OASF (once) and to hear the full interview you need to be a OASF member - which is really steep at a £1 a month. . . 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You don’t, Eyrsey is making things up again. He talked to OASF (once) and to hear the full interview you need to be a OASF member - which is really steep at a £1 a month. . . 

Why wouldn't that be available to all fans then?, not looking for an argument it's just a simple question as to how the club communicates to those not part of the Foundation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why wouldn't that be available to all fans then?, not looking for an argument it's just a simple question as to how the club communicates to those not part of the Foundation.

Oh no!!! It's looking like the Foundation will have to make a statement about the £1 per month.

That's not the statement we wanted !!!! :)

Perhaps there might be A Statement about whether there will be A Statement.

Don’t want to dampen the excitement about A Statement, but we could just wait and see how the squad re-shaping pans out over the next few weeks. Just a thought, like.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The way I see it is that it’s an OASF led thing where they’re putting questions to him received from the membership. As opposed to a means of the club communicating with fans. 

There was a good explainer thread about it on Twitter from one of the oasf directors I think. I can’t find it but someone else may be able to. 

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I’m aware of that but as over 99% of fans aren’t members of the foundation I would suggest a general statement or video through the club media would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

I've been checking Twitter (sorry "X") intermittently all day, as I was so convinced there would be one.

Your manager has just told the fans to basically not bother renewing their season ticket as we won't be competing next year. Definite damage limitation required at this point!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It wasn’t a catch up or ‘why haven’t we achieved’. They were asking about the finances and going through the books- Andy interviewed two of the lads on the pod last week and they gave their feedback from the meeting. (In a nutshell- without Frank we’re insolvent) 

OASF isn’t a fan thing where we get to ask the difficult questions. They are there for safeguarding- and as everybody trusts Frank and his family with looking after the club it’s had little interest. 

That shouldn’t be conflated (not saying you were) with what this thread is asking, which is different to safeguarding. This about acknowledging mistakes and trying to bring some positivity after a disaster interview and poor season. 

I may just be a humble happy clapping, blind faith, Mellon loving, ultra positive fantasist, but I thought that interview was largely expectation management from Mellon. If he promised to sort it and say we’re going to have a great summer and we then drew the first 3 games next season everyone would lose their shit. 

Behind the scenes I reckon they’ll have had their plans in place for existing squad and target replacements for a while. 

• Like 3

I do think the club need to come out with something… a vision or an update on plans for the next period or something like that. But I’d prefer they take the time and produce something thorough rather than rush out something short. 

47 minutes ago, The Greek said:

Your thread should be titled “Statement?”. You raised my hopes because I thought he’d gone!

Yeah I thought that myself afterwards!😂

• oafc1955 changed the title to Statement?
7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I may just be a humble happy clapping, blind faith, Mellon loving, ultra positive fantasist..... 

I`ll agree with that nz. When I first joined here, you almost had me convinced we were like Brazil away from home, whilst I was witnessing Breeze Hill at home games. The Breeze Hill side of us eventually won through 🤨

44 minutes ago, The Greek said:

It was my first thought aswell

I think he'll stick it out and try to salvage whatever's left of his past reputation 

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I do think the club need to come out with something… a vision or an update on plans for the next period or something like that. But I’d prefer they take the time and produce something thorough rather than rush out something short. 

They haven’t got time…the ST early bird offer finishes a week on Sunday!

33 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Perhaps there might be A Statement about whether there will be A Statement.

Don’t want to dampen the excitement about A Statement, but we could just wait and see how the squad re-shaping pans out over the next few weeks. Just a thought, like.

What about season ticket sales…just a thought like!😳🤔

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They haven’t got time…the ST early bird offer finishes a week on Sunday!

They’ve got til a week on Sunday then! For all those waiting for it before they decide whether to buy or not. 

7 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I`ll agree with that nz. When I first joined here, you almost had me convinced we were like Brazil away from home, whilst I was witnessing Breeze Hill at home games. The Breeze Hill side of us eventually won through 🤨

Cool. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Is it not a monthly thing?

29 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They’ve got til a week on Sunday then! For all those waiting for it before they decide whether to buy or not. 

Which isn’t long when you’re an undecided season ticket renewer….the sooner the better!