Now the season has finished I'd expect it to take a few days to talk to the players individually.

We might not be happy with the effort or attitude of some (many?,all?) but a properly run club (which we aspire to be) surely would do them as 1:2:1

Some will be quite short -

'Thank you (maybe through gritted teeth) but we aren't going to offer you a new contract'

'Thank you but you don't figure in our plans so we plan to transfer list you/ you would be best served by finding another club'

Perhaps there is a longer conversation with one or two about a new contract.

Then a statement ' x has returned to their parent club, y has been released, z has been transfer listed' would suffice.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shitpeas at it again.

Tweets last night that the Rothwells now want out as it's costing them too much money. 

And that idiot Birkett has surfaced lately…coming out with all sorts of diatribe….Poisonous bastards the pair of em!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Shitpeas at it again.

Tweets last night that the Rothwells now want out as it's costing them too much money. 

Hasn't Frank always stated he wants more people on board investing in the club, so potentially selling some shares...?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Shitpeas at it again.

He wouldn't be the first or last to do that but he'd certainly leave us in a far better place. (Still think they're not going anywhere though).

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Shitpeas at it again.

. . . and in case you haven't seen it:

Friends at other clubs??

51 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Friends at other clubs??

I’m pretty sure he said that was the intention from day one…

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hasn't Frank always stated he wants more people on board investing in the club, so potentially selling some shares...?

Selling shares in what though? OAFC 2004 or Grocco? One is worthless with no assets the other isn't.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Selling shares in what though? OAFC 2004 or Grocco? One is worthless with no assets the other isn't.

I presume it would be Groco 510 Ltd selling a proportion of its stake in Oldham Athletic (2004) to any new investor / consortium.

NB: EuroMillions lottery is £130m tonight. 

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Friends at other clubs??

Well, professional football has always attracted more than its share of unsavoury characters, so I'm sure the Great Red Fleece possibly does have friends at other clubs.

8 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Friends at other clubs??

Meh! Pathological liar makes a tweet take that with a fistful of salt.

As others have said the plan was always to bring in other investors anyway we'll be fine.

On 4/22/2024 at 6:01 PM, deyres42 said:

Is it not a monthly thing?

What gave that away, Rob? 

Was it the “£1 a month”?

On topic, the OASF exists to help fans. The support the OASF, it costs £1 a month. In turn, some interviews etc will be done with them and members will get access. 

Really not worth moaning about. I’m sure there’ll be a statement on the official at some point soon. But if you really wanna see it, pay £1 a month…

9 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

What gave that away, Rob? 

Was it the “£1 a month”?

On topic, the OASF exists to help fans. The support the OASF, it costs £1 a month. In turn, some interviews etc will be done with them and members will get access. 

Really not worth moaning about. I’m sure there’ll be a statement on the official at some point soon. But if you really wanna see it, pay £1 a month…

Hi Ste

The person I was replying to seemed to be under the impression there had been only one meeting with Darren Royle rather than it being a monthly event.

I think discussions with the CEO should be available for free to view for all, particularly in regards to decisions that affect all fans.

A couple of people involved with OASF agreed with this principle in conversations I had with them on X earlier today.

In the spirit of goodwill after these conversations I renewed my OASF membership.

Hope this helps.

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hi Ste

The person I was replying to seemed to be under the impression there had been only one meeting with Darren Royle rather than it being a monthly event.

I think discussions with the CEO should be available for free to view for all, particularly in regards to decisions that affect all fans.

A couple of people involved with OASF agreed with this principle in conversations I had with them on X earlier today.

In the spirit of goodwill after these conversations I renewed my OASF membership.

Hope this helps.

That’s good to hear. 👍 

On 4/22/2024 at 3:26 PM, League one forever said:

Yep agreed, I don’t think a fans forum it’s the right thing at the moment. Too much disharmony and it would turn ugly. 

would it tho? cowards would have to try and string a sentence together first

• Like 1