Leeds at home

I'm guessing the sales aren't going to well at this stage as they club are pushing the fact it's an all ticket game. Don't know why it is but as fans we are useless at buying tickets up front (B.A.L.L.S, B.O.A.S.T and other travelling fans excluded), the Blackpool playoff game was a good example. If the small section of the RRE would have been kept free for pay on the day Latics it would have sold out.

I'm sure the Leeds game is all ticket on Police advice but if sales are still slow I would relax the restrictions for home fans. We are giving Leeds 4600 tickets and with it being a midweek game I can't see that many bothering to travel without tickets.

Still don't think it will be a 13,800 sell out, that never seems to happen.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
I'm guessing the sales aren't going to well at this stage as they club are pushing the fact it's an all ticket game. Don't know why it is but as fans we are useless at buying tickets up front (B.A.L.L.S, B.O.A.S.T and other travelling fans excluded), the Blackpool playoff game was a good example. If the small section of the RRE would have been kept free for pay on the day Latics it would have sold out.

I'm sure the Leeds game is all ticket on Police advice but if sales are still slow I would relax the restrictions for home fans. We are giving Leeds 4600 tickets and with it being a midweek game I can't see that many bothering to travel without tickets.

Still don't think it will be a 13,800 sell out, that never seems to happen.

Their usual attendance is well over 20k, with it being such a close match, Tuesday or not they could take 10k. They would pile in the home ends if it wasnt all ticket. I imagine there still may be some who get in the home end...

Their usual attendance is well over 20k, with it being such a close match, Tuesday or not they could take 10k. They would pile in the home ends if it wasnt all ticket. I imagine there still may be some who get in the home end...

I accept they are on a roll at the moment, but they have never filled the away end before (1986 - 87 playoffs apart).

I accept they are on a roll at the moment, but they have never filled the away end before (1986 - 87 playoffs apart).

I remember a friend and me trying, and failling, to start a chant of, "Is that all you take away?" at that match. I can't believe that it was twenty years ago. Gulp!!

I haven't listened to "Where Do You Go To My Lovely?" since.

does anyone else think the club are crap at shifting tickets? You cant sit back and rely on the club website & the Oldham Chronicle to shift your tickets for you because you'll fail. It's easy to blame supporter apathy in the town but the club could do so much more to advertise themselves.

does anyone else think the club are crap at shifting tickets? You cant sit back and rely on the club website & the Oldham Chronicle to shift your tickets for you because you'll fail. It's easy to blame supporter apathy in the town but the club could do so much more to advertise themselves.

I still maintain that not having a board up promoting the club costs us. So easy to stick one at the top of Sheepfoot Lane....possibly asking the owner of the newsagents if we can place something up on his wall facing the hospital. For a minimal fee of course. Stick it up promoting the next game and it'll get in the passer-by's mind. Oh well....easy thinking but little doing.

Don't 100% agree. Yes there could be some higher profile advertising - but at the same time who hadn't heard that we were playing Blackpool in the play-offs!?

And I definitely don't think the club are "crap" at it. Might be areas to improve but that's not the same. It's like slagging the players if they aren't perfect. Positive criticism please! Surely nobody can believe that the club doesn't want to sell tickets. So if there are constructive ideas let's hear them - the club will hear them too.

If the small section of the RRE would have been kept free for pay on the day Latics it would have sold out.

Lol....you honestly want the small section of Latics fans queueing up behind the RRE to get in, with Leeds swarming all over the show there. Brave man! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

I still maintain that not having a board up promoting the club costs us. So easy to stick one at the top of Sheepfoot Lane....possibly asking the owner of the newsagents if we can place something up on his wall facing the hospital. For a minimal fee of course. Stick it up promoting the next game and it'll get in the passer-by's mind. Oh well....easy thinking but little doing.

And as much as i agree that the club probably don't help themselves with a lack of serious advertisements, you only have to take the attitude of some of the clowns in this town who went to the couple of quid games coming out moaning and whinging about the football to realise that no matter how much the club did try, there is far too much 'couldn't give a toss' attitude about a lot of folks in their own town, who quite frankly don't give two hoots about it's football team!! :angry:

And i can honestly say, i'd rather be sat with 4,500 latics 'fans' than 9thousand 'hangers on' (premier greed days spring to mind) who expect loads for nowt, then bog off when the chips are down!!

Im pretty sure they took 3,000 to Bristol Rovers recently ... im sure i heard it on the highlights of the game, so if this is true theyll fill the RRE no problem ... even if they dont fill it, theres no chance of us competing atmosphere wise with em.

They took 1200, but that was all the tickets they had allocated.... sure there were more of 'em in with the rovers... however, it was an all ticket friday night match...

As for at BP - they will fill it no problem.... look at it this way... how many would we take to leeds? Judging by hudds last year - 3,000 odd at least - now lets think what leeds would bring with thier fan base.... like it or not - there will be 4600 of em there... and to be brutally honest, they will be bloomin loud...

... You can witter on about the latics crowd singing all you want - i'm sure they will... and it will be a great atmos... however the thing that will shut up dirty leeds is what happens on the pitch... when we go 3-0 up i'm sure the only thing you will hear is our fans! :wink:

Should be a great night...

Ah...yep...good point, think you're right now, reading it again....lol....I had all these scenes conjured in my mind when I read it at first!

I read it the same way first time and thought he was barking too!

I can see the stewards and dibble that usually babysit the Paddock Army having kittens at this game, they will make the 50 or so lads that sit in that end block of the Lookers paddock sit down for the full 90 whilst behind them the 4600 durrrrty leeds fans will all be stood up without anybody in a yellow jacket doing a thing.

I can see the stewards and dibble that usually babysit the Paddock Army having kittens at this game, they will make the 50 or so lads that sit in that end block of the Lookers paddock sit down for the full 90 whilst behind them the 4600 durrrrty leeds fans will all be stood up without anybody in a yellow jacket doing a thing.

Can we draft the stewards in from Walsall to kick all the Leeds kids out?

I presume they'll be a heavy police prescence inside the ground. So they might have some balls to tell Leeds to behave....maybe not tho :grin:

I can't agree that the Club is at fault for low gates at BP.

Whenever there has been free admission, word has gone round amongst the apathetic Oldhamers like wildfire. It's only when they're required to put their hands in their pockets that they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear. They'll get the wax out of their ears in time for the radio commentary at 7.45pm.

The date of the Leeds game has been known since 14th June. Tickets for the game have been on sale since 10th September and will have been available for 19 days before the day of the game. Anyone who is available and can afford it will have had ample opportunity to get a ticket.

The truth is that most people don't give a toss about going to BP, in spite of the Club's efforts not because of them.

I was refering to Blackpool but the same stands for the Leeds game. Don't see what the problem is, Latics fans were standing and queueing for that section next to Chelsea fans before the FA cup tie a few years ago. They're every bit as bad as Leeds fans.

Edited by ghostofcecere

Guest oa_exile

Going off last season with the £2.00 ticket games.The club can count on 10,000 OAFC Fans maximum.

Reality is we have a hardcore 5,000 - 5,500 and about 1,000 drifters who come and go depending on who we are playing.

BUT the lure of Leeds Utd at BP could bring in Oldham's Citeh and Manure "Fans" to swell the potential 6,500 of hardcore and drifters.

Going off last season with the £2.00 ticket games.The club can count on 10,000 OAFC Fans maximum.

Reality is we have a hardcore 5,000 - 5,500 and about 1,000 drifters who come and go depending on who we are playing.

BUT the lure of Leeds Utd at BP could bring in Oldham's Citeh and Manure "Fans" to swell the potential 6,500 of hardcore and drifters.

ManUre are at home to Roma live on TV that night.

The only thing the Chron is good for is telling you about the Latics, and that's only because its only place they ever put anything. It is chuffing hard to get hold of if you live outside Oldham (and why would you want to if you aren't a Latic). There are much better local papers if the apathetic of Oldham don't want to go why not try the Bury, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, or even Botlon, Huddersfield and Bradford local papers never mind the 'fabulous' paper that is the Manchester evening news. I'm sure that there are enough people who hate Leeds enough to go watch them hopefully get beat at Boundary park.

The other thing is i'd like to thank the FA for giving us the leeds home game on a tuesday as opposed to a Saturday which no matter what you say will lower the attendance.

Edited by rudemedic

.... if the apathetic of Oldham don't want to go why not try the Bury, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, or even Botlon, Huddersfield and Bradford..... I'm sure that there are enough people who hate Leeds enough to go watch them hopefully get beat at Boundary park.

The other thing is i'd like to thank the FA for giving us the leeds home game on a tuesday as opposed to a Saturday which no matter what you say will lower the attendance.

What makes the people from Bury, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, or even Botlon, Huddersfield and Bradford, more likely to go to the trouble of getting tickets in advance that the people of Oldham?

It was a Tuesday at Leeds in the League Cup and we took a very good following there that night.