Ricketts Good or Bad

singe

Is Ricketts going good or bad  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Or is it Shez's call either way

• Good-he was rubbish
    • Bad -he had poor service and under rated
    • Shez was right to get rid to reassert his authority

I've voted purely on my opinion of how he played, and gone for bad - obviously if it turns out that Ricketts got caught eating babies when he was meant to be training that would change things.

Have to taotally agree - just got out of a meeting and currently slighly shellshocked with this news... on the pitch this guy could have got us up on his own, if we could have worked out how to integrate him into the team.... however, one man is never bigger than the team.... although Ricketts and Gregan combined is possibly heavier :wink:

I just hope this brings the team together - rather than rocks the boat more..

Well - tomorrow should be an interesting chin wag over a few beers down the orient - looking forward to it....

Gutted he has gone though - that three year contract looking wise now! However - step forward Mr Hughes...

I cant be bothered looking - but bet some people are creaming themselves with Glee over this news over on ISZ....

...however, one man is never bigger than the team.... although Ricketts and Gregan combined is possibly heavier :wink:

Now that Rico has gone, Shez says he doesn't mind if the goals come off someone's backside! Wonder who in particular he has in mind.:grin:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1157946,00.html

Shez was right to get rid to reassert his authority

eh?

no one knows whats happened yet!

I know your aright Johhny, and that was my point really. Shez obviously felt the need to offload really quickly(ie played, on subs, loaned in in the matter of 10 days) and I am accepting his reasons. It's reasserted his authourity IMHO. It was just a short ly worded option more than anything.

Now that Rico has gone, Shez says he doesn't mind if the goals come off someone's backside! Wonder who in particular he has in mind.:grin:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1157946,00.html

Nice to know Shez has a plan.....I think he should now sign Michelle Marsh and let her score goals off her backside....would improve the attendances massively!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Why did Sheridan say in the Laticsworld interview when Gordon asked would he be looking to bring a striker in due to the lack of goals did Shex say...No he believed he had the right personell in the club to score goals. Then off load Ricketts? all very strange....Still I said the other week it's time for Sheridan to admit he's got it wrong with the mix of players he's brought in and I stand by that. I was pleased he dropped JP cos I think the guy isn't no where near good enough. He cannot trap a ball for starters and that for a pro footballer is poor. I feel he now needs to off load JP and Allott to bring in better quality and a target man up front for the different option of attack.

I think he'll be missed - he was beginning to be more of a consistent performer, though I'm sure that he's left for good reason.

I trust Sheridan to bring in the right player(s) to fill the gap he's left (B)).

Roll on Saturday!

Keep the Faith

I've voted purely on my opinion of how he played, and gone for bad - obviously if it turns out that Ricketts got caught eating babies when he was meant to be training that would change things.

Is it the eating of the babies in itself which would change your opinion, or the fact that, in your hypothetical scenario, he was doing it whilst he should have been training? :)

Guest oa_exile
Is it the eating of the babies in itself which would change your opinion, or the fact that, in your hypothetical scenario, he was doing it whilst he should have been training? :)

What i find worrying is that fact that eating babies (or Cats for that matter) surely he would be putting on weight , again.

Maybe this is what has happened ?

Rico : Morning boss :blush:

Shez : :mmm: You seem to have gained a few pounds

Rico : Sorry Boss back on the meat :nnnng:

Shez : What have i told you about eating babies :ohno:

Rico : Sorry Boss :naughty:

Shez : Think we should send you to Coventry :angry:

Rico : I am not good enough for the Championship :bigcry:

Shez : Walsall it is then :deal2:

Have to taotally agree - just got out of a meeting and currently slighly shellshocked with this news... on the pitch this guy could have got us up on his own, if we could have worked out how to integrate him into the team.... however, one man is never bigger than the team.... although Ricketts and Gregan combined is possibly heavier :wink:

I just hope this brings the team together - rather than rocks the boat more..

Well - tomorrow should be an interesting chin wag over a few beers down the orient - looking forward to it....

Gutted he has gone though - that three year contract looking wise now! However - step forward Mr Hughes...

I cant be bothered looking - but bet some people are creaming themselves with Glee over this news over on ISZ....

" This guy could have got us up on his own "

I really don't know where you get those sort of comments from as for me he was very ordinary and his heart was never really at the club!!

With Gregan out, whose bum is the likeliest candidate? Well, I for one will not be spending 90 mins tomorrow watching 11+ jacksies to see which is the best bet. I don't care if they go in off the referee and a stray dog as long as they count and THE MIGHTY LATICS COME AWAY WITH 3 POINTS.

:ktf:

Edited by Bristolatic

" This guy could have got us up on his own "

I really don't know where you get those sort of comments from as for me he was very ordinary and his heart was never really at the club!!

Shall we try reading my post??? I said - he could have got us up on his own - IF - we found a way of getting him playing with the team... his ability is there, it just never seemed to quite fit with the team... or the fans... or the manager now it seems.... so out he goes...

Ackey - that post is brilliant.... love the self admittance that he is not good enough for the champ!!!

Have this strange image now of Ricketts hanging round the youh team with a knife and fork in hand.....

Ricketts at Walsall today...

2:56 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), comfortable save (caught) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

31:56 Outswinging corner from right by-line taken right-footed by Michael Dobson(Walsall) to centre, shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left channel (18 yards), save (tipped round post) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

35:02 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), hit bar.

48:44 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) left-footed from left channel (20 yards), save (tipped over) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

66:36 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left side of penalty area (18 yards), blocked by Michael Townsend(Cheltenham).

72:00 Walsall substitution: Michael Ricketts replaced by Troy Deeney (tactical).

Ricketts at Walsall today...

2:56 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), comfortable save (caught) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

31:56 Outswinging corner from right by-line taken right-footed by Michael Dobson(Walsall) to centre, shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left channel (18 yards), save (tipped round post) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

35:02 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), hit bar.

48:44 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) left-footed from left channel (20 yards), save (tipped over) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

66:36 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left side of penalty area (18 yards), blocked by Michael Townsend(Cheltenham).

72:00 Walsall substitution: Michael Ricketts replaced by Troy Deeney (tactical).

not bad for a player than cant shoot cant head and doesnt go looking for the ball hey mate - wish he had banged a bloody hat-trick today -

hope we beat walsall 2-1 and he scores when we play em

not bad for a player than cant shoot cant head and doesnt go looking for the ball hey mate - wish he had banged a bloody hat-trick today -

hope we beat walsall 2-1 and he scores when we play em

Maybe Walsall played more to his strengths than we did, but it looks like he had a better game for them on Saturday than any I saw him play for us.