Attendance

3900????? WTF????? :angry:

We dont need a new ground complete waste of time why dont we just have one stand we'd struggle to fill that at the moment.

I am shocked and dissapointed at the dwindling attendances this season. I live in Bolton and go to 90% of the games only work stops me.

Can anyone in Oldham put their finger on why the attendance is so poor?

Angus

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High!!

We dont need a new ground complete waste of time why dont we just have one stand we'd struggle to fill that at the moment.

I am shocked and dissapointed at the dwindling attendances this season. I live in Bolton and go to 90% of the games only work stops me.

Angus

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High!!

Its disgusting, i wonder how many of them fans actually live in Oldham aswell, im like you Angus, i make the effort to travel to as many games as work allows me but why cant some people in Oldham go and support there local team. If we get drawn against Man .ure or Citeh in the next round i'll put money on me not being able to get a ticket because the glory supporters will be out in force again

More home fans than the Doncaster home game right? but this one was only arranged 4 days beforehand, and with 2 home games coming up so soon, plus cold weather etc.

Also, with no season ticket entry, today produced higher-than-average gate money. Althought 55% of it goes to other sources.

More home fans than the Doncaster home game right? but this one was only arranged 4 days beforehand, and with 2 home games coming up so soon, plus cold weather etc.

Also, with no season ticket entry, today produced higher-than-average gate money. Althought 55% of it goes to other sources.

but dont forget we will have received some prize money for winning and getting through to the third round.

and as was said on here 3 home games in a week, which for an adult who pays on the door at the chaddy end, £60

Anybody ever have anything positive to post ?FFS

I hate being negative, but what is the population of Oldham? What other proffesional teams is there to support in the town.

When we were in the premier league we could get crowds of 12-15k every home game, i understand that £20 is expensive to watch 1st division football but surely we should be attracting bigger crowds.

What message does this send to the TTA who are working their :censored: off to save our club, when we are getting below five thousand fans at home games.

With Shez at the helm we will be promoted and hopefully the crowds will start to swell

Not rocket science this is it. One of the busiest christmas shopping days as 1st of month. 4 days notice those with families do have responsibilities and cost of 3 games in a week prohibitive to many with christmas arriving before the next pay day.

Dissapointing yes but a bit of an over reaction.

your right, although i didnt start this thread i hang my head in shame :behead:

Less than 4000 on a Saturday is a bit of a shocker but I feel we are about to go on a bit of a run so a few more top corner screamers should put a fair few more bums on seats by mid January - which is when I will have my flight from Dublin to Manchester booked so that's one extra seat filled anyway!

No, sick of the lame excuses.........it's F poor. I was totally dismayed and fear for the future... I really do. We need a fantastic run now just to scrap another 500 onto the figure.

No Lags, it's called having other commitments, like has been said for many it is the last payday before xmas and we have a lot of games between now and Jan.

Y are you all so concerned what other people are doing, just concern yourself with what you can do and wind your necks in a little. Not everybody has a bottomless pit to draw £20 from.

Just think though, in most other countries it would probably cost half the money we were charged today to watch the big teams. The ticket prices in this country are disgusting.

You got it just right there.I haven't been since the Sky Sports article I heard that Darren Purse had not moved his chids from Birmingham Schools when he relocated to Cardiff as he wanted as little disruption for them so he commutes by his own personal Helicopter. FFS

I want to know what the Asian population of Oldham is and why we never see any of them at BP. Does anyone know the answer? Is it a cultural thing? Or is the club not doing enough to promote itself to the Asian community. Could do alot to boost attendances if we could get them interested in the game. Their kids must be playing at school, so why are they not at matches?

You got it just right there.I haven't been since the Sky Sports article I heard that Darren Purse had not moved his chids from Birmingham Schools when he relocated to Cardiff as he wanted as little disruption for them so he commutes by his own personal Helicopter. FFS

I've heard Exlax or Senokot is handy for that.

I want to know what the Asian population of Oldham is and why we never see any of them at BP. Does anyone know the answer? Is it a cultural thing? Or is the club not doing enough to promote itself to the Asian community. Could do alot to boost attendances if we could get them interested in the game. Their kids must be playing at school, so why are they not at matches?

1. They don't like football.

2. They don't like intergrating.

3. There still scared of if they come they'll get abused.

4. Those that do like 1 & 2 watch Manchester United.

No point in forcing it upon them because they won't turn up. We've just got to aim for the potential who might get into Latics from the white area's in Oldham and other local regions.

No Lags, it's called having other commitments, like has been said for many it is the last payday before xmas and we have a lot of games between now and Jan.

Y are you all so concerned what other people are doing, just concern yourself with what you can do and wind your necks in a little. Not everybody has a bottomless pit to draw £20 from.

OK I'll wind my neck in, it sounds like you'll keep your head firmly in the sand. I wonder which way TTA will place the top half of their turso's and wonder what they'll make of it. Under 4000 at BP for an FA Cup tie is abysmal. Haven't we heard that football attendances are now higher than they've been for near on 3 decades? not at BP they aint! spot the difference or does Christmas only happen in Oldham?

OK forget the Christmas period argument, lets start talking all last season and this. Talk me through the falling numbers with that one.

Edited by Lags

There was an article in 4-4-2 about that this month. They interviewed Asian fans who did go to football games and they believed it to be down to a lack of role models who are Asian within the professional game. One quote being "If there was a surge of Asian talent there would be an increase of Asians in the crowd. Added to that one fan said "we can be quite tight, we aren't going to pay thirty odd quid to watch rubbish. It's not in our mindset unlike the hardcore white fan with generations of support in the family".

Our Chief Scout chap Jim Cassell is interviewed and says the commitment needed from Asian youngsters is a problem as "they jib at two nights a week plus weekends. The Asian community are very family orientated and that's a factor in them questioning whether they want their kids to pursue a football career".

So then you're back to the start. I don't think with regards to the "we aren't going to pay x amount to watch rubbish" they're alone. It's more than just Asians thinking like that isn't it.

Angus

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High!! several reasons. xmas shopping, uncertainty about the clubs future, season ticket people having to pay. poor weather etc.

£20 for a game a month from crapmas with 2 more games this week. Thats why attendance was low today. I bet all FA Cup games were badly attended.

1. xmas shopping

2 . season ticket holders having to pay.

3. uncertainty with the clubs future

4. poor weather.

5. its only 2nd round of the cup, doesnt take off till 3rd round.

It's obviously Christamas all the other halfs panicking bcasue it actually December now.

It is the start of along run

The price

It was Crewe when all said and done (no offence to Crewe much, we would be the same issue at moany other clubs

The asian link is orrelevent.

About 15% of the population, so about 15% on the gate. THere is no history of Asian watching football, so it'snot possible to pin that one on them, whereas there is 100 years of working class watching the game in England. There'sanother 184,000 white people not watching, and 30,000 Asians not watching

I was in Wales yesterday, sorry. Yes I know that would only have made it 3901 but every one helps...

That is low, but low attendances in the early FA Cup rounds seems to be a theme across the country so I wouldn't panic.

As for the ground redevelopment, there are examples all over the country proving that you cannot wait for attendances to start rising before you rebuild. It (hopefully!) happens the other way round. Besides, this whole scheme is about generating new income streams for the club and improving the ground... we all know it doesn't need to be much bigger. (16k will only add around 2.5k to the current capacity - I think that's about right).

Edited by garcon

k

OK I'll wind my neck in, it sounds like you'll keep your head firmly in the sand. I wonder which way TTA will place the top half of their turso's and wonder what they'll make of it. Under 4000 at BP for an FA Cup tie is abysmal. Haven't we heard that football attendances are now higher than they've been for near on 3 decades? not at BP they aint! spot the difference or does Christmas only happen in Oldham?

OK forget the Christmas period argument, lets start talking all last season and this. Talk me through the falling numbers with that one.

We could argue all day but, whatever your view, the fact is that OUR club is dying financially.

Can I put in a plea to show TTA support without it costing anything, other than perhaps a parking fee and the time to send an email to the Council in support of the revised outline planning application? If anyone can't afford to watch the team play at this expemsive time, then get along to the Civic Centre on 11th December to show TTA that you are fully behind their efforts to improve OUR Club and the town.

If a show of great support helps to get the Councillors to approve the revised outline application, one day you may be able to afford to go to watch YOUR team in a state-of-the-art Boundary Park, and be content in the knowledge that you did your bit to create a piece of Latics' history.

If anyone is sick of reading about the need to convince the Planning Committee to change its mind, then you have not appreciated fully that this is the single most important matter on the agenda at the moment. A juicy draw in the F.A. Cup and three points on Tuesday would be icing on the cake, but without the outline planning permission, we will sing laments about BP like Richard Harris did about McArthur Park - the cake will be left out in the rain, and

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again

Oh Noooooooo!

.....or BP might become Jurassic Park!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8h1Yg2H7uDI

All a big fuss over nothing if you ask me.

Basically it's too expensive to watch a game pay on the door at BP.

Whether it has to be like that to keep the club afloat I don't know, but we are in L1 and £20 p/game is ludicrous.

But we can't win either way,because drop the prices a few more will turn up but we will get less revenue per fan.

If we don't then people won't turn up till we are a 'comfortable' championship side.