What would you do if you scored against Latics?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be a problem for me, as even if I was blessed with Lionel Messi's talent I'd only ever play for Latics. I would revel in scoring 70 goals in league 1 every season.

I only wanted to play for Latics but needs must, so off to Barca for me, for €100 million. I was sad to leave after scoring the winners in the FA Cup and League 1 play-off finals.

I smash it past Roy Carrol for our fifth and run round the pitch stripping off. By the time I get to the directors' box, I'm down to my blue and purple jockstrap, which I ping into Barry's face.

Put on a strategically hidden red fleece, unleash a sign that says

"We are a professional club and we do things the right way"

Then mime wiping my arse with it.

All whilst staring at the directors box

The next day I shall release a statement via my people with the Barry Owen song.

Yet more soap opera nonsense from the Premier League.

Celebrations today are ludicrously over the top ........out world superstar raising his hands to the sky last summer after scoring his first and only World Cup goal.... as we lost again.

This is really about a different phenomenon - not celebrating a goal against your former club or the club of your boyhood dreams. Unless you're a bona fide club legend and you've just scored the goal that all but sends your old team down, a la Denis Law, not celebrating is a sin.

This is really about a different phenomenon - not celebrating a goal against your former club or the club of your boyhood dreams. Unless you're a bona fide club legend and you've just scored the goal that all but sends your old team down, a la Denis Law, not celebrating is a sin.

Not celebrating should carry a ban, or at least a club fine imho opinion

Not celebrating should carry a ban, or at least a club fine imho opinion

On the other side of that coin, if a player slides on their knees like EVERY other player does they should get a club fine. That celebration is :censored: and overused especially if it's a half hearted run and slide. At least do it full pelt.

On the other side of that coin, if a player slides on their knees like EVERY other player does they should get a club fine. That celebration is :censored: and overused especially if it's a half hearted run and slide. At least do it full pelt.

Nothing better than a full pelt knee slide going horribly wrong and the player goes arse over tit

As for the celebration I would definitely go all Adebayor on it.......full length of the pitch to be faced with a pelting of coins and lighters hoping for a Hollands cheese & onion to come my way to refuel

Yet more soap opera nonsense from the Premier League.

Celebrations today are ludicrously over the top ........out world superstar raising his hands to the sky last summer after scoring his first and only World Cup goal.... as we lost again.

Pointing to the sky is hardly an ostentatious gesture, and at the time it gave us a way back into the match so was worth celebrating.

Making a little heart shape with your hands; now there's a bookable offence if I ever saw one.

Edited by LaticsChris

If I was a former Oldham player coming back it would mean that I probably would be booed as Ive never was a player to run around alot but was technically superb. I would probably get abused for leaving as I would imagine i went onto better things for more money so when I scored I would bare my fat arse to the Chaddy! - Still love the club though..

Pointing to the sky is hardly an ostentatious gesture, and at the time it gave us a way back into the match so was worth celebrating.

Making a little heart shape with your hands; now there's a bookable offence if I ever saw one.

Bale tried to trademark that...