£100 season tickets

I did think that some form of price guarantee would work, buy a ST next season, that's the MOST you pay for 10 years. Those who don't want a ST next season can pay £20 for the same guarantee but that includes next year, the people who paid £20 might be given cup seat priority over the general public too.

The only way ST prices won't go up in the next 10 years would be if we got relegated.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure if there were £100 tickets there'd be a riot when cup tickets went on sale.

7000 ST holders, 6000 tickets...who gets first dibs?

Premium season tickets £150 get a 48 hour window. Limited to 2,000 (any stand). Embossed with a gold stripe. Includes free admission to youth fixtures and a range of money off vouchers at Sports Direct..

Economy season tickets £100 get next priority if they can produce a voucher dished out from the first three home league games and any JPT / League Cup game at BP.

Finally priority to those holding a season ticket without matchday vouchers.

Edited by opinions4u

Premium season tickets £150 get a 48 hour window. Limited to 2,000 (any stand). Embossed with a gold stripe. Includes free admission to youth fixtures and a range of money off vouchers at Sports Direct..

Economy season tickets £100 get next priority if they can produce a voucher dished out from the first three home league games and any JPT / League Cup game at BP.

Finally priority to those holding a season ticket without matchday vouchers.

Give that man a job!

it cant be done on a full price that gets dicounted when the numbers incresse... that wont work. People wont commit to it.

It has to be done the opposite way. So it starts at £100 and gets more expensive if the numbers taken up aren't high enough.

BUT you would have to allow people to back out should it get too high. So someone can commit knowing they wont have to pay more than £100 if they dont want to.

2400 x 330 (?) = £790k

500 x £20 x 23 games = £230k (assuming we are getting about 2900 home fans + away on top)

Total home revenue £1020k

So, at £100 we'd need 10,000 fans to match revenue. We'd pick up a bit more in food/beer/programme/strike it lucky though. 10,000 would also exhaust all the home fans - no pay on the day at all I'd suggest.

At £200 we'd need 5000 - that seems doable to me.

£250 would need 4000 ; £290 needs 3500.

I'd suggest £230 for 13 games - if we sell 5000 or more it covers all games, at just £10 per game. (revenue £1035k)

If we sell 4500 it covers 18 games, the other 5 are £30 ; At 4000 it's 16 games, the other 7 for £50.

If we don't sell enough to meet any of the above, the extra 10 games can be had for £100.

All the add on-tickets apply if bought before the end of November.

Is the obvious solution to this not the same as any tenant and landlord contract where the deposit is stored until both parties are happy with the amount to return at the end of the contract. So in this principle a website is used where you put £100 and if 8,000 people sign up then the money is released to Oldham athletic buying you a season ticket. if by a set date we don't have 8,000 people then the money is just refunded back to your account.. then at least there is a safe way of lowering the price and knowing how many people have signed up?

Top idea get on to it

Having had a think about this idea since the interview I've realised that Corney only said it because it would never happen.

At this moment in time, there is absolutely no chance we would attract 7000 fans to get STs at almost any 'profitable' price. At £100 we'd be lucky to get 5000 ST holders.

Edited by NewBlue

Having had a think about this idea since the interview I've realised that Corney only said it because it would never happen.

At this moment in time, there is absolutely no chance we would attract 7000 fans to get STs at almost any 'profitable' price. At £100 we'd be lucky to get 5000 ST holders.

They will lose money in season one. Hence the suggestion I made about finding a sponsor to underwrite it.

But if a decent proportion renew at £350 in season two it could be a decent earner.

We have 3500 ST fans at the minute paying an average of what £300? (Not sure what number are children/OAP's)

It would make financial sense if every season ticket holder bought 2 season tickets as they would cost them £200 total and they could use the 2nd to bring friends an family along!

2400 x 330 (?) = £790k

500 x £20 x 23 games = £230k (assuming we are getting about 2900 home fans + away on top)

Total home revenue £1020k

So, at £100 we'd need 10,000 fans to match revenue. We'd pick up a bit more in food/beer/programme/strike it lucky though. 10,000 would also exhaust all the home fans - no pay on the day at all I'd suggest.

At £200 we'd need 5000 - that seems doable to me.

£250 would need 4000 ; £290 needs 3500.

I'd suggest £230 for 13 games - if we sell 5000 or more it covers all games, at just £10 per game. (revenue £1035k)

If we sell 4500 it covers 18 games, the other 5 are £30 ; At 4000 it's 16 games, the other 7 for £50.

If we don't sell enough to meet any of the above, the extra 10 games can be had for £100.

All the add on-tickets apply if bought before the end of November.

A lot of the ST holders at present are not paying £330, you have OAP's and U16 ST's.

Is the obvious solution to this not the same as any tenant and landlord contract where the deposit is stored until both parties are happy with the amount to return at the end of the contract. So in this principle a website is used where you put £100 and if 8,000 people sign up then the money is released to Oldham athletic buying you a season ticket. if by a set date we don't have 8,000 people then the money is just refunded back to your account.. then at least there is a safe way of lowering the price and knowing how many people have signed up?

Problem is that when do you have the cut off date and what happens if the majority pull out? Hard for them to plan income until possibly too late? Would have to be done well in advance of normal IMO

We have 3500 ST fans at the minute paying an average of what £300? (Not sure what number are children/OAP's)

It would make financial sense if every season ticket holder bought 2 season tickets as they would cost them £200 total and they could use the 2nd to bring friends an family along!

We have 2400ish STs.

And that wouldn't happen though. Most fans just wouldn't buy two STs when they could have one.

How many did Bradford increase season ticket sales by, when they did a similar thing?

Bradford to be fair have a much larger fanbase in terms of geographical location and nearby Premier league clubs. Also the Bradford ST policy is a bit complicated there are different types of ST's.

Corney said 2400

Hmm fair point...so 7,000 is still the difficult number...I'm sure if there was a way the club could guarantee £100 and it was touted to every man an his dog with new manager new stand new hope advertising we could just about scrape it...those paying £330 currently might be encouraged to help a struggling oafc fan/mate out with £50 towards one!

Problem is that when do you have the cut off date and what happens if the majority pull out? Hard for them to plan income until possibly too late? Would have to be done well in advance of normal IMO

Well that would be the point of the contract, you are saying £100 will be given to Oldham once over 8000 people sign up and only when this figure isn't achieved by say the end of this season will your money be returned. I would say between now and end of the season would be adequate time then if it is not achieved, people will have the money returned and we will just go back to normal way of buying a season ticket in the closed season..

Hmm fair point...so 7,000 is still the difficult number...I'm sure if there was a way the club could guarantee £100 and it was touted to every man an his dog with new manager new stand new hope advertising we could just about scrape it...those paying £330 currently might be encouraged to help a struggling oafc fan/mate out with £50 towards one!

I think it's defiantly a possibility To sell 7000 without question.

If it's done the right way, maybe the council could help out advertising in all council buildings or building a package along with things like gym memberships.