Rochdale match!

6 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Mendez-Laing for them was the best player on the pitch, maybe it's because he has no neck like Gladstone Small.

Keith Hill is obviously a good manager but he's a bit strange. Today he was dressed like he was the manager of the Dog and Duck pub team in a donkey jacket and jeans and then on Radio Manchester he said he didn't want to stand in the technical area because it was in front of the home fans and he would get abuse. Which grounds don't have their technical areas in front of their home fans Keith? They definitely do at Dale where he's been known to turn round and argue with the fans when he gets abuse according to my Dale supporting friends.

He had a row with Bolton fans at the macron earlier this season and decided to flick them a V too. He's a great manager (at Dale) but a bit of a tool, especially when they don't win. 

Guest Stanley30

OMG we've drawn and stayed in this division again!!! 

FFS this is mental, why do I bother with this team. Explain to me why I don't pay £1 extra and watch city.

Come on ladies 

Great achievement by Sheridan to keep us up, thought we were dead and buried at New Year.

Dreadful match today, I'm sure when we were in Div 3 in the early 70s the quality was higher but maybe that's a rose-tinted memory.

Season ticket holders deserve medals. I've seen us 5 times this season, drawing 4 losing 1 and scoring 2 goals. I can't imagine what it must have been like turning up to every home game. It's currently a 5 hour round trip from Worcs with all the M5/M6 roadworks and I'm a broken man. Next season I'll have to bring Mrs Owl and make a day of it......she can go shopping in Manchester while I watch the match and then we can go for a meal after before the long trek home. I'll be financially ruined but I have to get something out of the day.

The pitch was as disgraceful as our first half performance. If anything is symbolic of the lack of investment/forward planning at the club, it's that playing surface - a complete embarrassment.

Roll on next season though!!

PS I quite like the perimeter boards though !  :unsure:

11 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Mendez-Laing for them was the best player on the pitch, maybe it's because he has no neck like Gladstone Small.

Keith Hill is obviously a good manager but he's a bit strange. Today he was dressed like he was the manager of the Dog and Duck pub team in a donkey jacket and jeans and then on Radio Manchester he said he didn't want to stand in the technical area because it was in front of the home fans and he would get abuse. Which grounds don't have their technical areas in front of their home fans Keith? They definitely do at Dale where he's been known to turn round and argue with the fans when he gets abuse according to my Dale supporting friends.

He often stands at the back by the Executive boxes at Dale, and shouts his orders down to his assistant.

His sartorial elegance is another matter- I doubt he would get away with it at other clubs.

52 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He often stands at the back by the Executive boxes at Dale, and shouts his orders down to his assistant.

His sartorial elegance is another matter- I doubt he would get away with it at other clubs.

Looked like an extra from Emmerdale yesterday, fucking six fingered dingle.

As it happens we could have lost and still be safe and that is how it started against a team that was quicker and more skilled than us.  Fortunately apart from the poor work for the goal we managed to keep it down to just one and then Stott showed Banks how to take a free kick.  With Tope replacing the dreadful Erwin we could have won it.

I'm hoping Holloway's performance yesterday was because he's not quite fit and that with a good preseason he'll be a much greater threat.  I thought he was poor and his inability/unwillingness to get into attacking positions was there for all to see. Erwin was also pretty lethargic and seems to do the business if he feels like it......after yesterday I'd be surprised to see him back here next season.

We will need a keeper and at least 4 major signings if we want to challenge towards other end of the table.

Our defence is pretty solid but midfield and attack is a major concern for me.

Hill has had a while to mold his team but technically they were much better than us with both their vision, movement and speed of thought.

If we get the right players in we could have a decent season but talk of the playoffs is a tad premature!

13 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

OMG we've drawn and stayed in this division again!!! 

FFS this is mental, why do I bother with this team. Explain to me why I don't pay £1 extra and watch city.

Come on ladies 

Cheer up, Barry.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I'm hoping Holloway's performance yesterday was because he's not quite fit and that with a good preseason he'll be a much greater threat.  I thought he was poor and his inability/unwillingness to get into attacking positions was there for all to see. Erwin was also pretty lethargic and seems to do the business if he feels like it......after yesterday I'd be surprised to see him back here next season.

We will need a keeper and at least 4 major signings if we want to challenge towards other end of the table.

Our defence is pretty solid but midfield and attack is a major concern for me.

Hill has had a while to mold his team but technically they were much better than us with both their vision, movement and speed of thought.

If we get the right players in we could have a decent season but talk of the playoffs is a tad premature!

Lumbersome was the best way of describing how we were yesterday, whereas Rochdale seemed a lot more fluid and nimble in their movements and when in possession of the ball. 

Will be hard for Shez to keep the balance of being hard to break down whilst introducing the creative and faster thinking players we much need. 

We can all see the reasons for keeping the likes of Fane,Green and Erwin in the starting 11 however they occupy key positions in the team that should have more to offer going forward. (Getting the pitch conducive to more fluid football needs to come with it though if Sheridan wants to go down this route).

i can see Sheridans dilemma, a part of me thinks that building on the foundations of being hard to beat is our best way of being more successful than the norm but would be less appealing to the fans and is probably not how Sheridan would like to set out his team ideally. However, creative players cost more than solid defensive minded players and budget might dictate our best chance of improving on this year.

Edited by Blue_Guru