Welcome Back to Wellens

(as first team coach)

Excellent stuff.

With a high retention of players from last season, signing an ex top goalscorer, and bringing in an entire backroom staff with past Latics associations, it's starting to feel like we're gaining an identity again. And I can't think this is accidental on Shez's part, so well done to him.

It's notable that Wellens did commentary on quite a few of our games at the back end of last season, as this was being lined up. So he will be familiar with the squad.

More positivity, where will it end...

Another positive step in the right direction.I am not getting carried away with talk of top 6 but certainly the feel good factor is growing and looking forwards to next season both home and away much more than recent years.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

V good.

Some very positive steps this summer

Credit is due to SC I feel.  People are quick enough to jump all over him if the coffee is a bit cold in the 'white elephant' stand.

Yes it feels like he actually gives a shit again, long may it continue.

These positive steps are all some of us have been asking for. Not the moon on a stick but some structure behind the scenes of a PROFESSIONAL football club.

It's a good start towards the 2017/18 season. Compare and contrast the last 2 Summers to this so far. Chalk and Cheese.

Keep it up Simon and Mark! :chubb:

27 minutes ago, parigby said:

Plus ++++++   the lead story on the OS, is vacancy for a laundry assistant  !!!  Heady times. 

Not now, it isn't. It's letting us know the new kits are available tomorrow. Come on, keep up. :D