Is wellens the right man??

Guest Stanley30

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Even accounting for today's disappointment I can't really get too hung up on the situation, we were edged out by Scunthorpe last week when in truth we could of salvaged a draw and our League form still compares favourably with the best in the Division, we've had a blip and will no doubt have more but expectations were probably set unrealistically high following Richies great start but maybe should be tempered and brought more in line with where we are at, mid table would be a fantastic achievement given our start and anything else would be a bonus, I probably did misunderstand your initial point but I feel theres no need to panic.

We agree.   For me though after looking at games so far and games to come, then top 10 minimum should def be the aim and expectation from here. 

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Er? What?  Put words in my mouth why don’t you. I’m just saying next home game against a local rival, who are struggling and are shocking away from home, is a must win for me. Not because I think Wellens would be under pressure, but simply because we need to get back on track and it’s s game we should be winning easily. 

Rochdale are only kept off the bottom of the away form table by Bury.  They have won none. 

Relax. 

Not comfortable with the idea that we should be winning any game easily, miles away from that.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not comfortable with the idea that we should be winning any game easily, miles away from that.

Entitled to your opinion.  We should be beating the second worst away team (who can’t score away)  at our home with no trouble. We have the players to do that. 

Edited by kowenicki

We're scoring goals consistently.  

Give the guy the allowance of a loss or two but even when we've lost a game we are still scoring goals where last season we couldn't buy one.  We're also not giving up.

Come January and the chance for him to strengthen the defence.  Prior to that allow him to bring in his experienced assistant too.  

I don't know what some are expecting from Wellens.  He's revolutionised a team that was on its arse and that's even before he's had chance to stamp his own mark on the playing personnel as well as tactics.

Don't give a shit about cups.  Up the league for me.

Edited by Midsblue

Played 9 won 5 drawn 2 lost 2 playing the most exciting football since the Premier League and certainly since we droppped in this hell hole of a division....

only an Oldham fan could create such a thread off that 

I’ll panic when we are actually in the shit 

can we lock this?

Guest Stanley30
47 minutes ago, Flynn said:

What a cock, knowing our luck though Carlisle will beat some shite non league team and end up playing Tottenham at Wembley

Cheers

5 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

It’s not a ridiculous thread, we’re all thinking it. I want Richie to succeed but is it too soon?

I already have a wife that does all my thinking. Here, these are the directions back to your box.

Edited by L1onheartNew

1 hour ago, Magister said:

10 goals conceded in the last 3 Saturdays.....he now has to show his qualities or not by addressing that

I suggest that we bring back Robinson as Manager and Kelly as his Assistant Manager At least we didn't concede as many goals with them.

4 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I suggest that we bring back Robinson as Manager and Kelly as his Assistant Manager At least we didn't concede as many goals with them.

Yes because 4-4 and  2-3 get you more points than 0-0 and 0-1? ....yes I would rather watch the former

ps the world fell I when we lost 3-2 in first round last year I recall .....

3 minutes ago, Magister said:

Yes because 4-4 and  2-3 get you more points than 0-0 and 0-1? ....yes I would rather watch the former

ps the world fell I when we lost 3-2 in first round last year I recall .....

I understand ,but you have to look at the performance. Today was light years away from the performance against Lincoln. The defence does need tightening,but the performances and entertainment are vastly improved on last year. At least I can get up off my seat and celebrate goals scored and applaud exciting attacking play.

12 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Played 9 won 5 drawn 2 lost 2 playing the most exciting football since the Premier League and certainly since we droppped in this hell hole of a division....

only an Oldham fan could create such a thread off that 

I’ll panic when we are actually in the shit 

can we lock this?

I wouldn't say this is the most exciting football we have played in this division. The 3 October to November's under Dowie, first time under Sheridan, and Johnson were better, as we were in and around the top 6.

Then again I think the opening post is clearly a wind up.

Some of you are just bi polar

Edited by GlossopLatic