North Stand Tannoy !#*?!

8 minutes ago, pk200 said:

Underdog, with the greatest respect, this  issue  has been raised by fans, is it not in your remit to represent their concerns to the powers that be?

•  
  • 13,425 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Trust Oldham will now focus its efforts on several fronts, these will be:

Protecting the future of Oldham Athletic: Having a fan on the board of the club is vital in ensuring a debacle similar to that of the 'Chris Moore Era' will never happen again un-noticed. Whilst the Trust may be unable to stop such an event happening, we will be in a good position to see this happening, and have plans formulated to cope with such a situation.

Representing the views of the fans: The fans are the very soul of the club - there is no doubt of that. By having a fan on the Board of Directors, the view of many Oldham Athletic fans can be aired at board-room level. The Trust will always strive to ensure that fans are treated in a fair manner, and help build a fan-friendly football club.

23 minutes ago, pk200 said:

Underdog, with the greatest respect, this  issue  has been raised by fans, is it not in your remit to represent their concerns to the powers that be?

Hello PK200. Up to about 6/7 years ago, us I would have said yes it was part of the Trust remit to raise this with the club.

However about 6/7 years ago the EFL tasked all clubs to have SLO in place to deal with supporter issues. So it became more official if that makes sense. I think Jenny Warburton took the role on originally and since Jenny, there are now three in place with a search for a fourth. That's how much the role has grown. It also means we concentrate on other issues, not meaning to belittle this issue in anyway, as I'm in the RRE so I know about the Tannoy in that one.

So the. SLO's, one being a Trust director keeps the Trust advised one what gets raised to the club. Since I have flagged this, it's also been mentioned that it's not just wiring but a training issue in the North stand. You have to turn one PA off for the other to work so You don't get feedback/static?..I don't know if that's what you are hearing static. Is it? 

Anyways, The majority of  trust directors who use the contact media we keep in touch outside our usual meetings, now know it's a concern and those that sit in the North stand agree with you too..as well as the upstairs Gym lights being on in the studio and I'm still half blinded by them messing about the brightness of the perimeter boards at HT...and still not convinced that the players couldn't see Neco by the way when the blue background came on.

TBA I'm afraidafraid

29 minutes ago, pk200 said:

Edited because my response came up three times sorry

Edited by underdog

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Hello PK200. Up to about 6/7 years ago, yes I would have said yes it was part of the Trust remit to raise this with the club.

However about 6/7 years ago the EFL tasked all clubs to have SLO in place to deal with supporter issues. So it became more official if that makes sense. I think Jenny Warburton took the role on originally and since Jenny, there are now three in place with a search for a fourth. That's how much the role has grown. It also means we concentrate on other issues, not meaning to belittle this issue in anyway, as I'm in the RRE so I know about the Tannoy in that one.

So the. SLO's, one being a Trust director keeps the Trust advised one what gets raised to the club. Since I have flagged this, it's also been mentioned that it's not just wiring but a training issue in the North stand. You have to turn one PA off for the other to work so You don't get feedback/static?..I don't know if that's what you are hearing static. Is it? 

Anyways, The majority of  trust directors who use the contact media we keep in touch outside our usual meetings, now know it's a concern and those that sit in the North stand agree with you too..as well as the upstairs Gym lights being on in the studio and I'm still half blinded by them messing about the brightness of the perimeter boards at HT...and still not convinced that the players couldn't see Neco by the way when the blue background came on.

TBA I'm afraid

The perimeter lights are ridiculously bright, surely there's a EFL ruling on this?

Plus as you say it's hard to pick out players on that flank.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The perimeter lights are ridiculously bright, surely there's a EFL ruling on this?

Plus as you say it's hard to pick out players on that flank.

Thank god you said that BP...I thought I was going mad in the RRE and I sit half way up and I struggled to see him on the wing, I have no idea what it would be like a ground level with a blue back ground especially.

They were messing about with the brightness at HT  especially  the yellow AC tyres advert lite up the whole goal area at one point.

hoping Corney takes then with him..heheh

24 minutes ago, underdog said:

Thank god you said that BP...I thought I was going mad in the RRE and I sit half way up and I struggled to see him on the wing, I have no idea what it would be like a ground level with a blue back ground especially.

They were messing about with the brightness at HT  especially  the yellow AC tyres advert lite up the whole goal area at one point.

hoping Corney takes then with him..heheh

And gives back the money he used to purchase them that was raised for a scoreboard

2 minutes ago, Greenfield Latic said:

And gives back the money he used to purchase them that was raised for a scoreboard

Ohhh yessssss.....

We will have to ask, wait and see what is going on with at little business adventure once Corney has settled in whateve his new temp role is

On 13 December I emailed the Club:

Having read the 'Action Counters Terrorism' item on the official site, and particularly the advice that in the event of a major incident inside the stadium, it is vital to listen to all official club announcements and follow all safety instructions, it has reminded me that action needs to be taken to make the PA system audible in the North Stand.

Supporters sitting around me experience the same inability to understand the announcements. It has been a problem for many months and would become an embarrassment in the event of an emergency.

I'm not bothered about not receiving a reply - I just want the problem solved!

BTW I could here the announcements loud and clear when parking on the car park.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Let's be honest here.  I have been following Latics all my I life and my daughter and grand daughter have been with me all their

lives. We bought season tickets for the new stand when  it was (eventually)  ready to open.Since then we have all felt somewhat short changed. The viewing is good, the cover In rain is terrible, the facilities are basic ( depending on your requirements) but all in all it is NOT the all singing all dancing stand we expected. It looks good against the rest of the ground, but there are  empty spaces where business should be invited.to invest. However, the basic requiremnt of is to let supporters what is going on at THEIR club..  To watch the  main stand cheering to something when we in the North Stand were oblivious to what was happening during the most momentous occasion in the clubs recent history was abysmal.  My granddaughter (the future of the club) was left wondering what and when the announcement was going to be made about the new owner, despite being encouraged to turn up early on the OFFICIAL  web site.  We turned up on time, heard nothing, clapped something,? and still wondered what was happening..  Th club NEED to sort out the speakers in the North Stand urgently.  

I read daily but very rarely comment on this site due to the many negative comments on the club I have grown up with and loved all my life. The lads in blue (whoever they are) need your support so let's get behind them.

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Dear all 

You need to flag this to the clubs SLO. I don't have their details I'm afraid, think there is 3 of them

your right about the upper gym, they were watching the match for free...I might even have to mention the pissing about with the brightened of those perimeter boards at half time. I thought a plane was going to land and I'm convinced that's why they couldn't see our player out on the wing too especially when the advert background was in blue.

Does anyone know how much membership to the gym would cost for August to May, because I’m yet to be at a game this season where I haven’t been able to see something in the gym? Presumably gym members park for free on a match day too. I wonder if you can drink alcohol in the gym too? Given the different ownership of the stand to the club, if I was AL I’d be looking to sort that out pretty quickly.

The disco lights yesterday were very much irritating, and it wasn’t just the second half they were on but due to the darkness were more noticeable. At one point I thought someone in the main stand had a laser pointer out.

The parking situation at BP is at an all time low.  You want to attract new or ex customers then when they show up you turn them away from parking because it is all sold out to "season ticket" holders. All for giving regulars a spot when they pay for it but the car park. (Without the worthless "garden spots" ) could be much bigger..With such a big area all that is needed surely is a good Tarmac surface,  spaces allocated for those that have paid, and sell he rest for match day Income.. The area does not need (or has) garden areas that take up good parking space.

35 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Does anyone know how much membership to the gym would cost for August to May, because I’m yet to be at a game this season where I haven’t been able to see something in the gym? Presumably gym members park for free on a match day too. I wonder if you can drink alcohol in the gym too? Given the different ownership of the stand to the club, if I was AL I’d be looking to sort that out pretty quickly.

The disco lights yesterday were very much irritating, and it wasn’t just the second half they were on but due to the darkness were more noticeable. At one point I thought someone in the main stand had a laser pointer out.

£19 per month I think and yes you get free parking on match days by permit.... 

funny isn’t it?

They played Andy Ritchie’s narration of the new era video before AL was introduced.

re: the tannoy last season before the last Home game dad’s sister and other family members accompanied me, my wife, my kids and brother. They all paid in to hear dad’s name at his favourite place during the minutes remembrance and applause of those Latics Fans lost during the season - the tannoy in the north stand wasn’t switched on. It was 15 days after losing dad. We heard nothing. You could imagine how we and other families felt. Thankfully the late Gordy had listed all their names (those lost) in the programme.

one of our friends was in the RRE videod the minute and we got to hear dad’s name but at the time it was quite upsetting at the club’s callous attention to detail. To some it might only be a little thing but to us it was a big thing that day. 

Edited by oafcprozac
  • Like 3