Sheridan's (SUPPOSED) two-finger salute

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do you take every oppotunity to tell us when the TTA's are a disgrace or how there possible reaction may well be wrong ?? You only have to look on page 5 of this thread to find an example.

Your very good at having snide little digs at the manager and TTA's....and then running off and hinding.... Like you did on the sqaud size thread after I made you look silly :lol:

firstly why three seperate responses instead of one??? you really do like reading your own stuff dont you.

i couldnt really give a toss if you like me or not,imnot here to be liked,im here to voice my own opinions on what i personally see,and not off other peoples hear say.

i called for talbots head,like the majority,but i think you will find i didnt call for moores,as he was playing a type of football to get us out of this division,it wasnt pretty and it wasnt entertaining to watch,but it was effective,and it got points on the board and us up the table.

whta snide digs exactly have i made at shez and tta's.???

the manager is in his second season as a manager,and he is still very naive as to how to get the best out of our team,but it doesnt mean i cant get frustrated at our style of football,or some of his decisions,and how he handles himself to the media.

the owners have done a fantastic job so far since they arrived,but i certainly dont see why after almost 5 years i should bend over backwards and kiss there butts.

they have a wonderfull relationship with the fans,some would say too much of a relationship and that is the point i was making regarding season ticket sales.

of course if sales are down there going to come out and say they will have to reconsider there options,as they just dont understand how the town wont back its football team,its the pr spin,and yes it does tug on the heartstrings of fans who may be undecided about renewing tickets,but i would hardly call it a sly dig.

as far as i and a lot of other people are concerened next season is shez's watershed season,and a lot of people are suggesting if he doesnt get us promoted next season he will have to go.

my view on it,is that if we dont get promoted,and are still playing the same football as this season,and the end of last season,and there is no real improvement as a team as a whole,then he would be better going,as after 3 years of this season his tenure wouldnt be viable.

next season as long as the football improves and the team actually plays like a team and there is mayor improvement and we dont fizzle out like we have in the past,ill be happy,if we dont go up fine,as long as we have improved.

as for making me look silly.....well you alwyas manage to do that dont you,i guess its because your better educated than i am,and the fact that in your little world at least,your never wrong.

funny how you have only replied to what you would call my negatives in this thread,when my last post included i wouldnt be suprised if he didnt flick the v's,and someone got it wrong.

jog on my good man...jog on

dont worry about it,i lost all respect for you about 3 years ago,when i offered to sit down with you over a friendly pint,but you bottled it and kept on with the same excuse that the clayton arms was cack. then continually moaned and whinged about everything i posted and turned things into a personal dispute.

you will eventually realise that one day yours isnt the only opinion that matters,and just because people dont all fall in line behind your theorys doesnt make them less of a person.

this post is about sheridan alledgedly sticking two fingers up at the supporters,i would of thought that by now,if this was infact true,there would of been some form of statement from within the club,seeing as there hasnt been its safe to assume that the said incident didnt happen,and was just something that somebody thought they saw happen,in the heat of the moment.

the point i was trying to make,was that just because your a football manager doesnt mean you can get away with that sort of thing,if you get critiscised by basically the people that contribute to his wages.

and that if it was in fact you or i that did the very same thing at work,we would get disciplined for it.and rightly so.

so now your spouting off again about something totally different and not along the lines of this thread.

i didnt get ronnie sacked,in fact i didnt want him sacking,as im pretty sure,that given the oppertunity and the same amount of funds that shez got,he would have bettered his previous seasons position.but thats one we will never know about is it.

as for thinking out owners are a disgrace....totally untrue,i think given the situation we was in,and where we find ourself today,its been a success,and once the stadium is fully rebuilt things will start to look up for us more financial wise.

i wont be suprised however if in another 5 years and the stadium finished they sell up,and move onto other things,at the end of the day they are buisness men,and they will get back every penny they have sunk into our club,and then some.

Just because it hasn't been addressed doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure it did happen because usually there isn't smoke without fire and I think we can all imagine shezza doing something like this in the heat of the moment. To be honest, If I was getting that much stick I would do the same--everyone has there breaking point!

Just had to pick you up on that point.

Just because it hasn't been addressed doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure it did happen because usually there isn't smoke without fire and I think we can all imagine shezza doing something like this in the heat of the moment. To be honest, If I was getting that much stick I would do the same--everyone has there breaking point!

Just had to pick you up on that point.

thats fair enough.

but usually with these things someone wants to make a name for thereself and contacts a paper or something.

the club could be wanting to put on a united front for todays game and then something may come out tomorrow or even later in the week.but there are people on here who have very good contacts in the club,and i would of thought something may have been said.

you are correct that everyone has there breaking point,and im pretty certain i would react in the same way also.but it just isnt right for the manager to do that to the fans,they have a certain appearence to uphold.

players do it from time to time,but it still doesnt make it right.

it just isnt right for the manager to do that to the fans,they have a certain appearence to uphold.

players do it from time to time,but it still doesnt make it right.

Don't worry about it. As I said before, I witnessed the gesture and it wasn't a 2 fingered one. It didn't happen.

To put this post back on topic.

The person who shouted at Sheridan after Millwall had scored shouted the following "You're bleedin useless Sheridan" He shouted this about six times at the top of his voice and was told to shut up by several people including myself. I also pointed out to him that Sheridan was not the person who allowed Savage through to score the goal. However.... I also shouted at Sheridan when he came dancing down the touchline after we had scored perhaps the flukiest goal of the season that he couldn't claim any credit for that either!!! Sheridan did not flash the v's at anybody. He merely opened and closed his fingers to signify "Stop chattering" or something similar.

What Sheridan did after the Millwall goal beggared belief. To blame Jarrett for the goal was simply wrong. Jarrett and Livermore collided which allowed Savage through to score past a keeper who got his positioning totally wrong. I don't even wholly blame him. It's a team game. Anyone who says that putting Wolfy on was inspired didn't watch the same game. Wolfy touched the ball once. What happened was that the Tic's finally started to run at Millwall. Smalley being one of those who had been anonymous for 70 minutes but decided to make an effort after we went 1-0 down. For the last 20 minutes we did what we should have been doing for the previous 70. TRYING!!!!!

Edited by happyterryb

In that case I apologise. From the main stand upper it looked like the Vs.

Not worth listening to as a witness are you? How do you mix up the Vs with a yakkity mouth? Unless you didn't really see what he did and just made it up?

omg I think ive hit complainers central! so this is where these people come after matches, I hear you at every match i go to, before you even sit down ready to criticize...

seriousy do you have forms that tell you what to shout?

"come on (insert name of left winger here) ur crap!"

"I cant believe that idiot is playing (insert any name here) again"

seriously, if sheridan came down to earth offering peace and love to all you would still complain that he didnt look like jesus or something,

lads if I had you lot moaning behind me all the time I would do the same, see you next time we play a big game/we get promoted/play a premier club/you need a moan yeah?

omg I think ive hit complainers central! so this is where these people come after matches, I hear you at every match i go to, before you even sit down ready to criticize...

seriousy do you have forms that tell you what to shout?

"come on (insert name of left winger here) ur crap!"

"I cant believe that idiot is playing (insert any name here) again"

seriously, if sheridan came down to earth offering peace and love to all you would still complain that he didnt look like jesus or something,

lads if I had you lot moaning behind me all the time I would do the same, see you next time we play a big game/we get promoted/play a premier club/you need a moan yeah?

I suspect you'll find that those who complain most are, more often than not, those who attend every game and have done so for a very long time. This is why they get frustrated with the club's lack of progress.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Not worth listening to as a witness are you? How do you mix up the Vs with a yakkity mouth? Unless you didn't really see what he did and just made it up?

What was the view from the book repository like? Was he stood on a grassy knoll?

I suspect you'll find that those who complain most are, more often than not, those who attend every game and have done so for a very long time. This is why they get frustrated with the club's lack of progress.

Think you'll find that majority who go every game DON'T complain, although I'll be quite happy to see the exit polls you gather at every game to prove otherwise.... but I suspect you've lost the paperwork.

How do I know this .... because I go to most games (and apart from the local big aways were the moaners get of their arses and travel) I very rarely hear negative comments screamed at the players away from BP. Its not all happy clappy but far from what you are suggesting

And therein lies the problem with some of the posters on here and the way this board runs.

5 pages of posts about "sheridan's 2 finger salute", with only a signle witness who saw a 2 finger salute. Very few qualified it with "if it's true", very few said "I'd be surprised that he'd do that after what happened with RM".

But buried on page 4 are 4 other people who saw a gesture, but all 4 say it wasn't 2 fingers, it was a "yakkity yak" hand gesture.

Still, enough people have used guernica's post to call for shez to be sacked. Pehaps they'd all like to re-post withdrawing their comments in light of 4 people saying that it's all been made up, given that 4 vs 1 suggest that it wasn't the "v's"??

Perhaps people also need to consider that some people see what they want to see, not what actually happens?

Given that you quoted my take on the matter, I refer you back to my post. It clearly says 'if sheridan did indeed'

So I think it's clear from that I havent taken anything as gospel. However one thing that is well documented several times this season is how Sheridan thinks we supporters know nothing about football whereas he does. Well John boy the supporters know :censored: football from good stuff, and you better remembers that! One things for sure if Sheridan does his job and sends out a side delivering the goods he wouldnt need to feel the whole world is against him at BP. Once a manager starts rowing with his home support on a regular basis he's under pressure created by his and his players making and be of no doubt about that. I still give Sheridan till the end of next season to show signs of improvement, however the club is bigger than any one person and the way the crowds are dwiddling my alarm bells are clattering away. I believe that is down to the fayre being dished up and nothing to do with the money.

We can point to the injuries to find an excuse for the terrible football on offer at times, however I will turn your attention to the start of the season with Sheridans near perfect team (bar Hughes) and the dreadful start we had. In fact it took injuries and Kalala to be dropped till our fortunes reversed. Funny game isnt it?

Hello Stipe, or should that be hello Mr Website policeman?

Enjoying this season are we?

Yes I've been against Sheridan from day one. And it looks like I'll be proved right. Which I take absolutely no pleasure in.

Ahhhhhh the hoary old chestnut "Mr Website policeman", well actually Guerny old boy that was me first post on this MB in months, I haven't had the time or inclination to be honest. However on Monday morning with half an hour to kill I thought I'd pop on, and there was your ridiculous comment. Blatantly made up tosh and debunked by several witnesses, supported by none! Anyway then I got to Reals comments and I thought spot on Real, and as this is a message board, a forum for discussion I thought I'd add my tupenceworth, it really is that simple.

By the by, how you believe in that endlessly twisted mind that you are being proven right I'll never know.

Nah then on to Private messaging. I can't say I'm a fan of these types of forums with the PM system attached, its so twee. Its a MB ffs why can't people say what they want in the body of a thread without sneaking off and despatching private rebukes. Why this had to be PM'd to me hell only knows but for the sake of clarity I post what you said here

I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from putting anything about my private life in the public domain.

Fair enough have a pop at me all you want. We're all entitled to our opinions. But the stuff about being a journalist was unecessary and uncalled for.

Cheers

G...

Fine if my journo comment offended you I apologise unreservedly. What I cannot grasp though is, why is it "private" ? You brought the fact that you were a journalist up on many occasions on the old JKL board, you hung it out there in the public domain if I recall correctly as some kind of badge of honour so pardon me if I brought it up again. I'm sure some of the old school lurking on here will recall you doing so, as they have with your anti Sheridan comments. For some reason your baseless whinges stick in the mind! I'll mention it no more though and I do so hope I haven't offended any sensibilities by pasting up that PM, but in the interests of transparency one felt one really should. If you have anything further to say put it here, into the forum.

Edited by StipeTripe

Not read any of the posts on this - can't be arsed - but I am tempted to give quite a few 'fans' in the Chaddy End a great big massive v-sign - for moaning at every misplaced pass and not applauding a succesful 45 yard crossfield pass - getting reet peed off with the negative vibes a lot of our fans are giving off and every single opportunity!

..to his own fans. That's what he really thinks of Latics.

For John Sheridan read Bryan Robson. Great players, awful managers. No excuses. Sheridan out.

So in fact it was all bull....no doubt made up to try and destablise Shez further....your a joke man....

Spot on Real.

Guernicock has got exactly what he wanted.

The thing is for all you who don't know about Guernica is that he's been slagging Sheridan off since the day he got the job, before a ball had been kicked in anger! He did this regularly on JKL, at the start of last season he was demanding Shez was sacked, then we hit that purple patch and he disappeared back under his rock, until it started to go wrong again and we lost in the play offs.

Anyhow I believe old Guernica is a journalist by profession so telling half truths and making stuff up will be standard fare for him methinks.

Anything he says given his track record of anti Shezness can be treated with the contempt he deserves, period.

Oh and whilst I'm here, anybody who thinks that the number of injuries we have isn't or can't be an excuse for the lack of form is quite obviously bonkers. I've been doing a lot of work with an Arsenal fan and as folks do he's taken to looking at how we're doing, likewise I've taken to doing the same with Arsenal. Looking at some peoples comments about how the injury list isn't an excuse he has actually been gobsmacked by it. Gobsmacked as in if Arsenal had the same proportion of first teamers out Wenger would be struggling. Still as I advised him we're a small club, in old money the third division, so it shouldn't be affecting us in any way shape or form. The rules set down by the gods of football don't apply at BP, well to some they don't and you know who you are. You're the ones who don't inhabit planet earth.

TTFN

Well said, the most sensible post I've read on here for a long time.

Some posters on here think we should have a squad of between 40/50 players which we can use to cover any injury crisis, but they fail in anyway to provide any reasonable explanation of how this massive squad is to be financed on our 4,000 to 5,000 average home gates.

No team at our level could possibly as some expect be still in the automatic play off spots with our injury situation.

Then people say injuries, every team has injuries and you've just got to deal with it.

Wrong, not every team has anything like the injury situation we are faced with, and we have dealt with it we are still 11th in the division and IMO have done well to stay well clear of the relegation dogfight.

Some of the football and the entertainment has been poor, but considering the starting elevens we have been putting out, full of 18/19 year olds and many loan players it is hardly surprising.

As for anyone calling for Shez's sacking, just stupid and not worth debate of any sort, for the reasons explained above.

Well said, the most sensible post I've read on here for a long time.

Some posters on here think we should have a squad of between 40/50 players which we can use to cover any injury crisis, but they fail in anyway to provide any reasonable explanation of how this massive squad is to be financed on our 4,000 to 5,000 average home gates.

No team at our level could possibly as some expect be still in the automatic play off spots with our injury situation.

Then people say injuries, every team has injuries and you've just got to deal with it.

Wrong, not every team has anything like the injury situation we are faced with, and we have dealt with it we are still 11th in the division and IMO have done well to stay well clear of the relegation dogfight.

Some of the football and the entertainment has been poor, but considering the starting elevens we have been putting out, full of 18/19 year olds and many loan players it is hardly surprising.

As for anyone calling for Shez's sacking, just stupid and not worth debate of any sort, for the reasons explained above.

Well said....

Also dont forget that while wanting 40 to 50 players they also only want to pay £150 a year for it.....

What was the view from the book repository like? Was he stood on a grassy knoll?

Eh? That's lost me? Try it again, but this time let me know what you mean rather than making a private joke / reference thtat only you know the relevance of. You're not still upset over your MIS-Reading of my earlier comment are you?

Given that you quoted my take on the matter, I refer you back to my post. It clearly says 'if sheridan did indeed'

Hence my post referred to few people doing just that. You did qualify it and yet it's running for 7 pages and the OP Now seems to have "not" seen 2 fingers, but some people still use it as a shez out issue?