Sheridan's (SUPPOSED) two-finger salute

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not a fault thing - its just where we are in a struggle back from the brink and are generally getting stronger every year. We have gone from nearly going down when dare I say it Ronnie Moore's brand of "hoof" football saved us to a team that made the play offs last year though got beaten by a better side in Blackpool and are there and there abouts this year though we may finish 8th or 9th. Last year we punched above our weight this year Shez has worked with an injury ravaged squad and kept us in the hunt though it looks unlikely we will make it.

Instant success only works if you have a Jack Walker, Roman Abramovic or even a Milan Mandaric or Madjeski. We haven't trhough we have backing from 3 guys doing their best with their resources. Look at Gretna, Rushden, Coventry and Leeds for teams that have tried to sustain at a level they can't afford.

We are getting stronger season by season and are on a better footing than 2, 3 or 4 years ago. So blame - No support yes, there is nothing to blame anyone for - fans or management.

Reality is what needs to kick in

If sheridan did do this then he should be out of a job as that is unforgivable. The only people inside that groung today who have the right to critisize , are the ones who have parted money with their hard earned money. If we want to boooo when the team are embarrassing us as a club or if shez replaces a decent player (jarret) with a 4ft midgett who would struggle in oldham sunday leagues then we can do . Shez has no right to judge us as fans as he does not pay us to come. If he did do that then it should be p45 time no q's asked.

as for the team today , it just look like what they are really. A pached up team full of players that arnt used to playin regularly at this level. They looked confused,low on confidence and as if they had only just met each other.

Thought keeper did ok ....................until he forgot were his goals were when that tit bas savage scored . what a tit he is. thought smally,jarret(once he had settled), and allot had ok games.

Livermoor.....poor.

Constantine............. good header for goal but very lazy.

Taylor.......passionate as ever but it was only a throw in.

Eardly...........distribution crap.

thompson ................. Best i've seen him to be honest.

Mac......does what he does.

Stam..........did his job

We'll be the xmas turkey on mon iv we dont improve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring Back Pukka

You are either playing devil's advocate, on acid, or just a poor misguided fool. Sheridan in? You're having a giraffe. Worst I've seen since Warnock. Clueless, uneducated, Sunday League manager.

And I don't care how many World Cup matches he has played in.

You speaketh utter :censored: my friend. Yep lets sack him and start the whole process again - great idea.

If I hear 'Eardley's rubbish' one more time I think I might explode. He's far from rubbish, he's a good player now and is improving all the time. He is 19 years of age, he's captain of our side and an international player (albeit Wales).

When we play to his strengths, with a winger in front of him, and he has time on the ball to pick out a pass his distribution is second to none. He gets pressured with no protection and sometimes his passing can be wayward. But he is only 19, surely he can be expected to make mistakes?

The players who Sheridan has brought in have come with good reputations, not just from their ex-managers but also from the fans of their previous clubs (Preston fans talked up Jarrett like he was the best thing since sliced bread), Livermore, Constantine are all names who are really in the upper tier of League One players. If for whatever reason they've not performed, then fair enough but all Sheridan can do is look at what they've done at other clubs and hope they'll do the same for us.

Today we didn't do too badly, considering. Crossley, Gregan, Hazell, Davies, Liddell, Hughes etc are all missing, and those who played today have questionable fitness levels. 1-1 at home to Milwall, who are a notoriously difficult team to beat (beat Swansea last week don't forget) is not a result which leads to sacking the manager.

Someone else earlier mentioned knee-jerk reactions, I agree.

Sheridan firmly in, play-offs or not.

Keep the Faith

I wasn't there today (couldn't be arsed I'm afraid to say) but if Shez did what is reported then he should be hauled over the coals. There is no excuse for an official of the club to flick Vs at the home supporters, simple as that. Abuse comes with the territory and Shez knows that.......he's been in football long enough. Supporters get angry when they see poor performances week in, week out having shelled out for tickets and the emotion spills over. Shez needs to be big enough to take it cos it comes with the job.

..to his own fans. That's what he really thinks of Latics.

For John Sheridan read Bryan Robson. Great players, awful managers. No excuses. Sheridan out.

Bring Back Pukka

You are either playing devil's advocate, on acid, or just a poor misguided fool. Sheridan in? You're having a giraffe. Worst I've seen since Warnock. Clueless, uneducated, Sunday League manager.

And I don't care how many World Cup matches he has played in.

b ........ lets hope we get something constructive from you in your next posts instead of all this tripe!

..and that is one of the problems with how the team works on the field. Would you be at your best if the manager swore in such an intense way if you made the smallest of mistakes. Jarret is an example. His best performance for us ws his first match. He played really well and I thought he would be an asset. The way he was treated before and as he left the pitch today by js was not acceptable. The 'coaching from the touchline' is often very basic and I question is it necessary. An example today was in the 2nd half when there was a free kick towards the penalty area. JS told two players to go further forward just as the ball was being kicked. They did, and the ball was kicked behind them! I wonder if there is any coincidence that some of our best performances (e.g. Leeds and Everton) were when the players could not hear him shouting at/ to them?!!

Take it thats a joke. Cant even get through half a game. Makes a simple tackle and crocks his Knee.

And it wasn't even that...he :censored:ed about clearing it and when it was too late, their guy was there causing him to jar his knee! Meaning wholesale reshuffles etc etc etc...already lost a guy within minutes through being too far up the pitch. Not blaming him for todays lack of a decent effort but certainly put us on the backers!

Except when Moore told some fans to f-off people nothing but complain about it and were demanding that he be kicked out and that was when we were still in with a great chance of him getting us promoted. Cant have one rule for one and one for another. He should fined or made to apologise, the abuse that some people direct towards him and the players i don't really agree with (tho i don't think there is anything wrong with the odd boo or negative comment here or there when things are really bad) but players and managers get fairly well paid and are representing the club an to turn round and stick 2 fingers up to the fans is unacceptable (i have no problem with Shez turning round and saying stuff like 'if you think you can do better come down here then' which he does quite often) and unprofessional, you would never see the likes of Wenger/Fergie doing that. If i did that to my customers at work i would be sacked in an instant.

Thats if he did it of course, i didnt see him do it

Totally agree. Shez is UNTOUCHABLE for some people on here.

You just can't do that. Reality check!

..to his own fans. That's what he really thinks of Latics.

For John Sheridan read Bryan Robson. Great players, awful managers. No excuses. Sheridan out.

I didn't see the 'alleged' incident to which you are referring.

But believe me I've been sitting in the mainstand for over 20 years and if he did do as you say, then he is more than justified in doing so to some of the brain dead useless balloons that sit in there.

I really don't know why some bother because they certainly don't go to BP to support the team.

When we pull the Lookers down this summer, lets put up some dug outs on that side so all this nonsense with the crowd and the manager 'avin a go' at eachother is put to rest.

Think this will be happening Kev as the new stand will be the Main stand with the changing rooms etc ..

How many people actually saw the 2 finger salute? From where I was sat (behind him in the main stand) it looked as though he was simply making the figure of a mouth talking with his hand (i.e. to signify stop yapping).

I was sat in the same area and you're dead right, that's exactly what he did, the people round me laughed at it. I don't know where this 2 fingered salute nonsense came from as it never happened.

If people have to make stuff up about the manager because they don't like him then perhaps it's time they looked at supporting someone else.

If I hear 'Eardley's rubbish' one more time I think I might explode. He's far from rubbish, he's a good player now and is improving all the time. He is 19 years of age, he's captain of our side and an international player (albeit Wales).

When we play to his strengths, with a winger in front of him, and he has time on the ball to pick out a pass his distribution is second to none. He gets pressured with no protection and sometimes his passing can be wayward. But he is only 19, surely he can be expected to make mistakes?

The players who Sheridan has brought in have come with good reputations, not just from their ex-managers but also from the fans of their previous clubs (Preston fans talked up Jarrett like he was the best thing since sliced bread), Livermore, Constantine are all names who are really in the upper tier of League One players. If for whatever reason they've not performed, then fair enough but all Sheridan can do is look at what they've done at other clubs and hope they'll do the same for us.

Today we didn't do too badly, considering. Crossley, Gregan, Hazell, Davies, Liddell, Hughes etc are all missing, and those who played today have questionable fitness levels. 1-1 at home to Milwall, who are a notoriously difficult team to beat (beat Swansea last week don't forget) is not a result which leads to sacking the manager.

Someone else earlier mentioned knee-jerk reactions, I agree.

Sheridan firmly in, play-offs or not.

Keep the Faith

Well said.

I was sat in the same area and you're dead right, that's exactly what he did, the people round me laughed at it. I don't know where this 2 fingered salute nonsense came from as it never happened.

If people have to make stuff up about the manager because they don't like him then perhaps it's time they looked at supporting someone else.

Agree it was not the fingers

yep.... it was defo 4 fingers with a thumb underneath making a mouth kinda gesture!!

he was getting some grief too, so why should he not be able to give it back?

How many people actually saw the 2 finger salute? From where I was sat (behind him in the main stand) it looked as though he was simply making the figure of a mouth talking with his hand (i.e. to signify stop yapping).

Are you sure it wasn't yawning <_<