Lets try and get more than 5000 home fans in against Brighton. Give people who attend and who aren't season ticket holders second shout on the Udders tickets. I reckon season ticket holders and attendees should then get a discounted ticket for the Udders game - £15 say.

Any other ideas?

KOTK

Lets try and get more than 5000 home fans in against Brighton. Give people who attend and who aren't season ticket holders second shout on the Udders tickets. I reckon season ticket holders and attendees should then get a discounted ticket for the Udders game - £15 say.

Any other ideas?

KOTK

Do people think there'll be that much demand for Udders tickets?

I don't, sadly.

I don't, sadly.

Indeed, some people are saying 'full house'. We didn't even get a full house for Bolton in R4 three years ago, or for the playoff semi final at Blackpool.

Maybe 8-9k.

I don't, sadly.

We will get a bigger attendance for this one than the league game defo but not a sell out. Both teams are going into it of big wins in round 3 and both teams and fans will be thinking this is winnable so about 10k I think is not unreasonable with a split of around 6800 tics and 3200 hudders roughly.

Indeed, some people are saying 'full house'. We didn't even get a full house for Bolton in R4 three years ago, or for the playoff semi final at Blackpool.

Maybe 8-9k.

Both games were live on the TV as I recall.

Certainly at least 7000 will make the effort on our side and I would imagine 3,500 from over the hills.

10,500 will do. Full house then for the replay against Man Utd in the 5th round :lol:

KOTK

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I think there might be as many as 8k home fans in BP. Hopefully, Huddersfield can turn out a decent following like they used to and bring 3k plus. I'll go for 11k.

I think Latics have stirred up a bit of interest amongst a lot of lapsed Oldham fans with their victories against Leeds and Everton.

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I think there might be as many as 8k home fans in BP. Hopefully, Huddersfield can turn out a decent following like they used to and bring 3k plus. I'll go for 11k.

I think Latics have stirred up a bit of interest amongst a lot of lapsed Oldham fans with their victories against Leeds and Everton.

Almost 8k home fans against Wolves last year but the prices had been dropped and we were on a helluva run of form. Having said that, it was mid week. Minimum 7k for me and possibly pushing 8k. If Huddersfield don't bring a following of at least 3,500 30 minutes down the road when they get double our home crowds I will be very surprised. I know thay have maxed at 1200/1300 over last couple of seasons but this is the FA cup B)

KOTK

Any other ideas?

KOTK

How about this for an idea?

There were many who refused to go to Elland Road for £25.

There were also many looking forward to going to the Trafford Nike Ballpark or the Emirates for say a reduced price of £25.

Why don't all those people use some of the money they've saved by not going to those grounds to spend on tickets for the Brighton and Huddersfield games without TTA having to subsidise everyone?

TTA only get about 40% of the Cup match receipts after expenses, so they would be shooting themseves in all six of their feet if they reduce ticket prices by 25%. Success breeds success - the hospitality packages for the Udders game were sold out thirty minutes after the draw was made. Surely it's not too much to expect to have to pay normal prices for the game that comes as a bonus following the best Cup result in the Club's history.

There were also many looking forward to going to the Trafford Nike Ballpark or the Emirates for say a reduced price of £25.

Why don't all those people use some of the money they've saved by not going to those grounds to spend on tickets for the Brighton and Huddersfield games without TTA having to subsidise everyone?

TTA only get about 40% of the Cup match receipts after expenses, so they would be shooting themseves in all six of their feet if they reduce ticket prices by 25%. Success breeds success - the hospitality packages for the Udders game were sold out thirty minutes after the draw was made. Surely it's not too much to expect to have to pay normal prices for the game that comes as a bonus following the best Cup result in the Club's history.

Tend to agree. But the people who didn't go to Leeds weren't the hardcore. Maybe a few didn't bother but I don;t reckon we would have taken above 2,500 on a New Years day at £25 a chuck if the Everton game wasn't the Saturday after. The glory hunters didn't make a choice. Leeds never entered their head.

I chose Leeds over Everton for a few reasons and I don't regret it.

Will we have 5551 home fans in attendance on Saturday? Nope, probably 4,700 and I dare say a fair few of them didn't even go to Everton.

Normal prices against Udders will not see us sell 9000 tickets let alone 10,500 I am afraid.

9000 fans @ £15 is better than 7000 @ £18

KOTK

The prices do need to be dropped a tad, I really can't see there being twice as many 'Tics at BP for Hudders than there were for Crewe and Donny, which is what people seem to be thinking we will if we're going to hit 10k.

Drop the prices a bit and more will come...we have a big chance here to make it to the 5th round of the cup, let's get as many in as possible.

Tend to agree. But the people who didn't go to Leeds weren't the hardcore. Maybe a few didn't bother but I don;t reckon we would have taken above 2,500 on a New Years day at £25 a chuck if the Everton game wasn't the Saturday after. The glory hunters didn't make a choice. Leeds never entered their head.

I chose Leeds over Everton for a few reasons and I don't regret it.

Will we have 5551 home fans in attendance on Saturday? Nope, probably 4,700 and I dare say a fair few of them didn't even go to Everton.

Normal prices against Udders will not see us sell 9000 tickets let alone 10,500 I am afraid.

9000 fans @ £15 is better than 7000 @ £18

KOTK

Dont grt me wrong it was great to see he large numbers at Everton, however I tend to agree with KOTK about the brighton game on Saturday. The guy behind me thought Killen still played for us :angry: But it is obvious we have the numbers if we are successful, but yet its the die hards that are left home and away on most occasions.

Would be nice to see an improved gate against brighton, with a little less moaning!!! :lol:

The TTA get 30% of the ticket sales not 40%.

I didn't go to Leeds as I thought £25 was on the expensive side to watch a (what is in effect a 3rd Division game).

Whatever peoples views are on this, I think the club have got to try and seize the opportunity of "grabbing" a few fans whilst they can. Yes, there were a few usual stay aways at the game on Saturday, but am I going to lambast them?....no. They pay their money and have a choice where to spend it. It seems to me that these fairweather fans (and fans they are) aren't generally tempted with the usual prices/standard of football. It doesnt take a genius therefore to work out that one of these things needs to change. The standard is getting better, sure, but I think the pricing needs to be looked at.

Someone has already mentioned a "bundle" type offer. 4 for 3 maybe?

And for the season ticket holders of which I am one, maybe a tenner off voucher in the shop if you buy something over £25?

One thing is for sure, we need more bums on seats.

Guest sheridans_world

This is the FA Cup, a drop in ticket prices has to be agreed by both parties. I doubt Huddersfield will agree to this as they will sell out their end anyway (one would like to think).

This game is winnable and we have a real chance of getting into the last 16 here. I'm glad i'll be able to make this one. Trotters will be back so stick him on Luke Beckett and we should have a decent chance of going through.

The momentum caused by Leeds and Everton will affect the crowd on Saturday, no doubt there will be more there than normal, if we keep this little run going by beating Brighton and Yeovil, Huddersfield could be close to a sell-out. Especially if it is publicised well in the local papers/radio. You dont say its a Fourth Round tie, you say Latics could get through to the last 16 of the FA Cup!

I'm looking forward to it anyway!

The TTA get 30% of the ticket sales not 40%.

I didn't go to Leeds as I thought £25 was on the expensive side to watch a (what is in effect a 3rd Division game).

It's 45% of the net receipts, after VAT and expenses.

FA rule: "(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition

Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:

45% to each Club competing in the match.

10% to the Pool."

The club can't do a discount for attending the FA cup game if people attend the brighton game, as it would breach the rules, they could agree with hudds on a discount, but they didn't for crewe or donny so I doubt it will happen this time.

I'm quite happy to pay the full whack for me and my 2 kids, just as I did for crewe and donny. I'd like us to have part of the RRE though as I'd prefer the view in there to the chaddy.

Edited by real

why should these"fa cup glamour only"fans change....are they REALLY fans like us?

they they want to go,they will go if it suits then...nothing else.

so charge them the full whack i say.

if they want a fa cup run so much ,they would come regardless,pay their money,shout us on to a win and pray for a glamour tie again.

they will be first in the queue to moan if they didn't get tickets after "going all the way to everton"won't they!!

the only way to keep bums on seats is to keep winning-and get our home form sorted!

nothing else.

NO

I really don't think we will see a crowd of 10000, I would be surprised to see Hudders bring 2000, they haven't done recently. Also both sides have home League games the following tuesday. I think what is more likely to influence the size of the crowd is the results in the 3 games before the tie rather than the price.

I think people are underestimating the numbers that Huddersfield will bring. They have a big feelgood feeling after the Birmingham result, will think they've got a good chance against us, and get about 9000 to every home match . We would expect to fill their away end and I 'd be very surprised if they don't easily sell 3/3500. Latics will I reckon allocate the big section of the RRE to them initially and then take a decision on the small section nearer the day. Floating Latics supporters will probably leave it to the last week to get their tickets so there won't be a clear indication of home demand till nearer the day - and probably there'll be pay on the day.

Think we may get a big crowd v Udders wont be far off a full house... all the exec packages were quickly snapped up! Think we may get a better turn out for brighton too, both my dad (manure fan) and mate (stay away fan) have both asked to come to the Brighton game with me and i would imagine theyll wanna go the Huddersfield game too. Thats the best thing about the F.A Cup get a big win like this and everyone wants to be a part of it... you cant calculate the amount its worth a run like this... Kids now destined to be tics forever and stay away fans who wanna be part of it again.... $$$$$$$$$$$