Will Shez have the money to spend ?

In what was already a good month for the clubs finances say 300k from the Everton game, 100k from the Hudds game and now 500k from Trottman, do we expect Shezz to be given any money to stregthen the team ?

I dont expect Shez to have all the money but 300k in this league could attract some quality players, I would love to see Gary Roberts (Ipswich Winger) Jon Parkin (Stoke target man) Both would be quality additions, and this talk of people like Dickov and Hartson, the club in my opinion need to be thinking long term and building a team, after this season neither of those players would bring anything to the club.

Think we could have an exciting day tomorrow.

In what was already a good month for the clubs finances say 300k from the Everton game, 100k from the Hudds game and now 500k from Trottman, do we expect Shezz to be given any money to stregthen the team ?

I dont expect Shez to have all the money but 300k in this league could attract some quality players, I would love to see Gary Roberts (Ipswich Winger) Jon Parkin (Stoke target man) Both would be quality additions, and this talk of people like Dickov and Hartson, the club in my opinion need to be thinking long term and building a team, after this season neither of those players would bring anything to the club.

Think we could have an exciting day tomorrow.

i was thinking about the money situation, to be fair shez had money to spend anyway! but it sounds like its the wages he's had a problem with. i dont know if the trotman sale free's up any money for wages but we could have 1 or 2 in tomorrow, fingers crossed eh

ktf

Hope you are right..............Get your F5 buttons ready! and keep the faith, fingers crossed...don't expect any news until at least 4pm.....

Quite glad I am on the 6-2 shift tomorrow, if i was on 14-22 wouldn't be able to concentrate would be checking teletext every 2 mins, saying that the F5 key will get some hammer from around 14:30 onwards lol.

£300k from the everton game? 25,000 adults at £18 and 8000 kids at £9 gives just over £500k. Take off vat and expenses and we would end up with about £200k at best.

same for hudds, 10,000 at £18 and 2500 at £3, less vat and costs leaving £75k for us.

£400k down to £275k?

Edited by real

I'd either like to see us buying some young players with potential who won't be on huge wages, or spend it on proven quality loans. There's not really any middle ground IMO - buying a proven talent also commits you to paying his wages for several years if you are going to be able to justify the transfer fee.

I'd either like to see us buying some young players with potential who won't be on huge wages, or spend it on proven quality loans. There's not really any middle ground IMO - buying a proven talent also commits you to paying his wages for several years if you are going to be able to justify the transfer fee.

disagree.

first and foremost we need a big, experienced lump upfront.

£150k was sanctioned to sign Kilkenny. Unsure how much of the £500k is to be allocated too but as it's unexpected and not in the budget then surely some or most of this should be given to Shez. That gives us in region of £300k-£400k to sign one or two permanently plus another one or two on loan; especially when we have freed up wages previously spent on Kilkenny, Bertrand and allegedly Ricketts.

We need that striker, extend Jarrett's loan, draft in a leftback, a winger and now a central defender. If Sheridan has a list of targets then tomorrow will be busy unless he's making the most of the extended period to sign loans.

With the money available, surely we can look at a decent striker now?! With Hughes a doubt, Davies struggling to hit the back of the net and the young 'uns bedding in, we need someone and someone fast to captialise on the two games in hand and move into the Play Offs.

£300k from the everton game? 25,000 adults at £18 and 8000 kids at £9 gives just over £500k. Take off vat and expenses and we would end up with about £200k at best.

same for hudds, 10,000 at £18 and 2500 at £3, less vat and costs leaving £75k for us.

£400k down to £275k?

There is cash for progressing through each round of the F.A.Cup, plus a bit of TV money.

Bet they sold a few extra programmes too at £3 a time, also the catering and club shop will have profited.

Edited by BP1960

£150k was sanctioned to sign Kilkenny. Unsure how much of the £500k is to be allocated too but as it's unexpected and not in the budget then surely some or most of this should be given to Shez. That gives us in region of £300k-£400k to sign one or two permanently plus another one or two on loan; especially when we have freed up wages previously spent on Kilkenny, Bertrand and allegedly Ricketts.

We need that striker, extend Jarrett's loan, draft in a leftback, a winger and now a central defender. If Sheridan has a list of targets then tomorrow will be busy unless he's making the most of the extended period to sign loans.

With the money available, surely we can look at a decent striker now?! With Hughes a doubt, Davies struggling to hit the back of the net and the young 'uns bedding in, we need someone and someone fast to captialise on the two games in hand and move into the Play Offs.

Not sure why you think we need another left back?

Think it worked out as aprox 400k from the all the FA Cup games. 500k from Trotman along with the available money left from letting Kilkenny and Bertrand go leaves us with a bit to play with. You've got to take into account the clubs losses every week though and I would like some of the money to be spent slowing down our losses as when the owners pack up I'd like to be in a safe position financially.

Guest oa_exile
You've got to take into account the clubs losses every week though and I would like some of the money to be spent slowing down our losses as when the owners pack up I'd like to be in a safe position financially.

lol :grin: I am speechless with that :ohno::shock::nnnng::lipsrsealed2::sick01: .............and breath easy

I think were abit optimistic thinking we have a chance at promotion this season. The Squad is nowhere near good enough. We wouldnt survive in tha champs as we need to go up with a decent team which has already bonded then add abit more quality.

Did we not already offer about 200k for clarke?

We need a decent winger and striker in this season to possibly push for a play off spot. Players who are good enough to play in champ and who arnt too old.

Then for the start of next season T3A could possibly take a small risk and sign 4 or 5 top class players. without losing too many numbers of this seasons squad.

If we took that risk and went up then the crowd will go up and everything will have paid off.

If we dont go up then atleast we tried and then you would have to think about the management.

Im 100% behind shez and think he can do it for us.

We just need to take a risk.

And have another episode like Chris M**re i dont think so! There is no need to take a massive financial risk, we already have the ground development happening so we need to keep an eye on the financial situation and can relax a bit once the ground is completed in around 5/6 years time.

I think we need to be looking towards next season now, couple more wins, 50 points and we should be safe from relegataion and time to get Black in the team, give the captaincy to Allott and rotate Eardley and Lomax. Let Pearson have a run in midfield and lets have a look at Chalmers. Out of the three yoofs - Black, Chalmers and Pearson, if one makes the step up then we have saved money which could be spent elsewhere, if two make the step up then we could put that saved money in to bringing class to the club not just bodies.

Time too to start ringing all youth team coach drivers and get Dave Hudson on the payroll as a proper paid up scout and find the next Trotman or Warhurst or Irwin or Palmer.

I think were abit optimistic thinking we have a chance at promotion this season. The Squad is nowhere near good enough. We wouldnt survive in tha champs as we need to go up with a decent team which has already bonded then add abit more quality.

Did we not already offer about 200k for clarke?

We need a decent winger and striker in this season to possibly push for a play off spot. Players who are good enough to play in champ and who arnt too old.

Then for the start of next season T3A could possibly take a small risk and sign 4 or 5 top class players. without losing too many numbers of this seasons squad.

If we took that risk and went up then the crowd will go up and everything will have paid off.

If we dont go up then atleast we tried and then you would have to think about the management.

Im 100% behind shez and think he can do it for us.

Our crowds will always be average 4,500 - 5,200 in this division, between 6,800 - 7,800 in Championship.

We are Oldham loved passionately by a modest few!

I think the average crowd would go up by a bit more than that due to the away fans. The key to getting the home fans coming back is for us to get in to the Championship with the base of a squad that can stay there. If we go up and get battered every week the fans will drop off but if we go up and win some and entertain then people will get back in to the habit of going along. No sh*t sherlock I know but it is FACT!

Edited by beag_teeets

And have another episode like Chris M**re i dont think so! There is no need to take a massive financial risk, we already have the ground development happening so we need to keep an eye on the financial situation and can relax a bit once the ground is completed in around 5/6 years time.

In business you can take calculated risks you know. I think the term is called investment.