Ricketts leaves Walsall!

The often read Express & Star reports:

"Striker leaves Walsall

Striker Michael Ricketts has left Walsall after failing to agree a permanent deal to stay at the Banks’s Stadium.

The striker has a long contract at Oldham and the only way that Walsall could sign him this season now would be if his contract at Boundary Park were terminated, at which point the player could join as a free agent.

“From our point of view we want to see a fit Michael Ricketts before we take it any further,” Money said."

The often read Express & Star reports:

"Striker leaves Walsall

Striker Michael Ricketts has left Walsall after failing to agree a permanent deal to stay at the Banks’s Stadium.

The striker has a long contract at Oldham and the only way that Walsall could sign him this season now would be if his contract at Boundary Park were terminated, at which point the player could join as a free agent.

“From our point of view we want to see a fit Michael Ricketts before we take it any further,” Money said."

Is Ricketts the new striker we are signing...!

Bad news.

As he's injured he can't play for us even if we want him to and now teams are going to be put off buying him permenantly until the summer so we'll be paying his supposed big wages.

He can still go back on a season long loan when he's fit.

He can still go back on a season long loan when he's fit.

I don't think he can, any season long loans needed to be done today. He can go for 3 months when he is fit though.

I'm gutted as i am sure we were planning on him going, hope this doesn't screw any other deals we had on going.

I don't think he can, any season long loans needed to be done today. He can go for 3 months when he is fit though.

I'm gutted as i am sure we were planning on him going, hope this doesn't screw any other deals we had on going.

He's a professional Footballer. He should get fit, get back to BP . Pull his bottom lip in and fight (not literally) to get back in the team.....

In addition to forecasting that he would score against us and not celebrate, this is what I said before we played Walsall at BP:

He is still our player and who knows, he could still play for us again this season. Just suppose he gets injured bady enough to keep him out

for a couple of months. Walsall end the loan period and Ricketts is back at BP receiving treatment (and wages). Stranger things have happened! We then rely on him for that final promotion push.

Why give Walsall the psychological advantage of winding up one of their players enough to make him even more determined to score? That's what happened when we played at Walsall.

Wow....a post about Ricketts with people wishing good things on him and wanting him to stay, get fit and play for us. I'm stunned. But chuffed!

Can I just add to it then.....for me, we don't need a new striker if the hatchet can be buried with Ricketts. Highly questionable that it can be though. I'd love nothing more than to see him come back, bag a :censored:load of goals and see the fickle "die, die Ricketts" wankers singing his name in praise! :grin:

Wow....a post about Ricketts with people wishing good things on him and wanting him to stay, get fit and play for us. I'm stunned. But chuffed!

Can I just add to it then.....for me, we don't need a new striker if the hatchet can be buried with Ricketts. Highly questionable that it can be though. I'd love nothing more than to see him come back, bag a :censored:load of goals and see the fickle "die, die Ricketts" wankers singing his name in praise! :grin:

I just want to make a point about those chants Ross. Whilst I in no way condone them (they were moronic at the very best), I do think the club should have come out and stated the reasons why they were shipping Ricketts out on loan as soon as it happended. At least that way none of the rumour mongering about him smacking Taylor or stealing Hardy's newborns would have been allowed to manifest itself in the way it did. The very fact they didn't do so led to the obvious conclusion that something was 'wrong'.

A lesson from which all concerned can learn perhaps?

I just want to make a point about those chants Ross. Whilst I in no way condone them (they were moronic at the very best), I do think the club should have come out and stated the reasons why they were shipping Ricketts out on loan as soon as it happended. At least that way none of the rumour mongering about him smacking Taylor or stealing Hardy's newborns would have been allowed to manifest itself in the way it did. The very fact they didn't do so led to the obvious conclusion that something was 'wrong'.

The thing is though Dan, if some of those rumours had been confirmed as true by OAFC, just what kind of reception would Ricketts have got? Maybe it wouldn't have been limited to a few moronic "die Ricketts die" chants and could have been far worse and possibly physical.

Maybe also the Club were concerned that Ricketts may well have to come back at some stage and play for us.

In the past when the Club have washed their linen in public (Killen; Porter; Council), then they have been criticised by many. Perhaps keeping quiet is best after all since they don't appear to be able to win?

Said the same from the 1st day it happened. I have been told off-the-record that dummy-spitting was behind it and that both the club and Rico agreed to keep a silence on it for both parties interest. Sadly though, we stick our cash in the club and put towards paying the wages of these players......we have a right to know what went on. The silence leads to the sort of rubbish that gets spouted......and the fickle :censored: to think it's ok to sing what they did. But it aint the first time, it won't be the last. Oh well....

It doesn't matter, regardless of whether or not he hit Tayls (which is all speculation and in all likelihood absolute tosh), it's disgusting people were signing for his death.

As BB80 said, it would be so sweet to hear the Muppet Choir singing his name if he can get fit and knock some goals in, which they would. Idiots.

Said the same from the 1st day it happened. I have been told off-the-record that dummy-spitting was behind it and that both the club and Rico agreed to keep a silence on it for both parties interest. Sadly though, we stick our cash in the club and put towards paying the wages of these players......we have a right to know what went on. The silence leads to the sort of rubbish that gets spouted......and the fickle :censored: to think it's ok to sing what they did. But it aint the first time, it won't be the last. Oh well....

If I recall though Ross, you were one of the ones moaning about Corney's blast about Killen. You can't have it both ways.

If there is an agreement between OAFC and Ricketts to keep quiet, then how can we be told officially what went on? OAFC probably knew that by publicising the alleged events, then they would never off-load Ricketts. Life isn't always simple.

Firms aren't allowed to spread stories arouind the newspapers slagging their employees off, especially if they are trying to get said employee to leave without a fuss. It may well be something that there is no room to discipline him for but enough to want him out. "Constructive dismissal," springs to mind. In any case, we will have wanted him to get fixed up with another club to be out of our hair so were would hardly go telling the world what a tosser he is.

The thing is though Dan, if some of those rumours had been confirmed as true by OAFC, just what kind of reception would Ricketts have got? Maybe it wouldn't have been limited to a few moronic "die Ricketts die" chants and could have been far worse and possibly physical.

Maybe also the Club were concerned that Ricketts may well have to come back at some stage and play for us.

In the past when the Club have washed their linen in public (Killen; Porter; Council), then they have been criticised by many. Perhaps keeping quiet is best after all since they don't appear to be able to win?

Fair point Jeff. I'm not saying the rumours are or aren't true, but one thing I will guarantee you is that football is guaranteed to stir up the most extreme emotions in almost all of us that watch from the terraces. both parties MUST have known that there was gonna be a backlash of some description.

The club didn't have to confirm exactly what happended but their absolute silence on the matter did nobody any favours from that point of view. You aren't trying to tell me that club officials don;t read this board. They'd have seen the rumours about the punch up with Taylor or whatever. They could easily have come out an quashed that by saying that it never happened or whatever.

And as a final point - JJS - I agree that it's disgusting what was being sung. Bang out of order but I doubt that any of them meant it for a second. They were angry and frustrated and lashed out by singing the nastiest thing they could. I dount that any of them were actually singing 'for his death' when it comes right down to it, same as when lots of people sing 'let him die' when an oppo player is down injured. It doesn't make it right, but I do understand it. As I said, football brings out the best and worst in most of us.

You aren't trying to tell me that club officials don;t read this board. They'd have seen the rumours about the punch up with Taylor or whatever. They could easily have come out an quashed that by saying that it never happened or whatever.

Taylor's girlfriend's mum did exactly that but it didn't seem to stop the rumours. A mate of Smalley also said that the rumours about that fight were rubbish. I don't think the club should lower themselves to answering every groundless rumour on a message board, it would be a full time job and people still wouldn't believe them.

If I recall though Ross, you were one of the ones moaning about Corney's blast about Killen. You can't have it both ways.

If there is an agreement between OAFC and Ricketts to keep quiet, then how can we be told officially what went on? OAFC probably knew that by publicising the alleged events, then they would never off-load Ricketts. Life isn't always simple.

Woah, hold on there IC! Not having that one!!!

There's a whole world of difference than a public dirty linen washing smacking of utter unprofessionalism compared to a well-scripted, mutually agreed official news release to cover up a situation. The club and Ricketts should have agreed to that, not stonewall silence leading to libellous rumour mongering.