Jarrett speaks about his Club - Candlelight?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best cabaret act I ever saw in Oldham were Lemonade. Wonder what Tony et al are up to now...

Tony's still doing his stuff around the town.

He lives next door to my mate Brian, and is unbelievably different when he is sober.

"shall we drink?" is his catchphrase!

So he's still in Derker, then? Must see if I can catch up with him next time I'm up there. I used to do the odd 'guest slot' with Lemonade back in the day.

So he's still in Derker, then? Must see if I can catch up with him next time I'm up there. I used to do the odd 'guest slot' with Lemonade back in the day.

I'm sorry but I must really take issue with the catch phrase you have tied to Lemonade. The lead singer used to say "I'll just have another slurp" between numbers. We followed them all over the Waterhead area during the 80's and early 90's.

Edited by happyterryb

Karen (if the same one) married my mate Phil Lent - a dirty red. Got 2 lads both mad on football but showing a similar persuasion to the dark side. Encouraging to hear of a visit to BP.

That cant be the same one then. The Karen i know married someone called Paul. They had a boy and a girl. Paul and his son are United fans, but Karen and her dad are Latics fans, that's why her dad takes him to Latics. He sits just near the away dugout and wears glasses, he is called Alan.

They live where the old St Augustines school was (or was it called St Alsoms or summat) just near Holts estate.

That cant be the same one then. The Karen i know married someone called Paul. They had a boy and a girl. Paul and his son are United fans, but Karen and her dad are Latics fans, that's why her dad takes him to Latics. He sits just near the away dugout and wears glasses, he is called Alan.

They live where the old St Augustines school was (or was it called St Alsoms or summat) just near Holts estate.

Ah, different one then. Both blond and gorgeous though - quite a coincidence.

The school was probably St Albans which was on Warren Lane off Abbeyhills Road. Next door to Abbeyhills Estate.

Does anybody remember that place (Cant thinks of it's name) on Rock street facing the doctors that used to sell beers in Steins?

It was down some stairs and it was only a small place, but it had some great music and you used to have to sit down to drink as the steins were so heavy.

Was it Buddy's?

I'm sorry but I must really take issue with the catch phrase you have tied to Lemonade. The lead singer used to say "I'll just have another slurp" between numbers. We followed them all over the Waterhead area during the 80's and early 90's.

I think you'll find it was: "Shall we drink? Slurp 'em, slurp 'em, slurp 'em." followed by him necking at least half to three quarters of a pint of lager and belching loudly.

One of many Terry - I remember his regular Wed night spot in the Farewell (1982) where he'd lift up his pint and say "Shall we?" to which the whole pub would respond by raising their glasses and shouting "We shall!" He still says it over the fence to my mate now.

He has many drink related phrases.

Kets - he no longer lives in Derker, singing drunkenly obviously pays cos he's moved to Lees now.

The posh bar steward.

BTW, is that Brian as in Brian with the long dark hair and beard? Used to go out with/was married to/still is with/etc. Gill?

The posh bar steward.

BTW, is that Brian as in Brian with the long dark hair and beard? Used to go out with/was married to/still is with/etc. Gill?

No, can't be. Brian is the image of Barney Rubble and never sported facial hair.

I went to school with John Virgo's son. Yikes how off topic is this now?

I went to school with Len Ganley's son. Round his house you'd often get little static electric shocks off things. They reckoned it was because of Len polishing the balls.

The first time I heard 'The Len Ganley Stance' by Half Man Half Biscuit was at Len Ganley's house :)

lol that was the late desmond decker who sang the israelites

Not him, but I did see his mate Jimmy Cliff last year. He started off sitting down, which I thought was fair enough as he must be about 200, then on the second song he got up and started throwing some moves that would have put me in hospital for a year.

That's the one.

You know what is even funnier about that.......I went to the school. Although it was 1989 so they had just changed the name before i went so i never actually went to St Albans. After about 3 months we then moved to the St Augustines in Coppice.

Left there in 1974. What about Mr Street getting time for abusing those Kids????