Pogs Leaves

Very sad to see the big man cut short by injury, been a fantastic servant to the club......

On a side note from poggers leaving, which really frustrates me is that poggs now due to injury has probably had a ickle pay out and a thank you and goodnight from the club... I know were not a charity but we should really do something for pogs i.e. a testimonial to give him a little more cash to help him on his way, we all slate players for buggering off "for more money" "greedy" etc etc but this just brings to light you have to get as much as possible out of the game whilst still able to - after all clubs dont give two monkeys what happens to them when theyre past it or injured!!

GOOD LUCK POGGS, TRUE GENT AND AT TIME A QUALITY KEEPER.

One more time.... Weve got an aussie..... etc etc. WOAHHH POGLIACOMI.... (anyone fancy belting this one out tonight??

I used to work at Oldham Sports Centre and the players used to come in and plod up and down the pool as part of their physio. Hodgson spent most of his time playing water polo that getting fit, might explain a couple of things!!

Good luck Les, I hope the family business works out for you and that you are playing again 'back home' sooner rather than later.

Well I know one little fan who will be very upset at this. It was bad enough when Poggy the fish died but thinking she'll never see a lellow top with a 1 and Pobliamcombli on it :cry::cry::cry:

If you hadn't put 'she'll' in there Lisa that could be me you are describing.

Seriously, I am gutted for the big fella, but from reading on the OS he seems to have taken his time and sat down and thought through his options really carefully.

I'll take having had him play for us and having a second crack over any of his faults. He has been a fantastic servant and genuinely thought highly of the club and the fans.

19 clean sheets in a season are going to take some beating, but for those that think that players shouldn't be capable of top drawer performances at this level I give you Stockport away in the (D***e) playoff season. Pogs was magnificent that day and if I may say so, may have had the best ever performance of his career. It was a stunning display in the art of goalkeeping.

Many other fantastic performances as well as a few blips, but he rarely let us down.

All the good luck in the world Les, hope the op works out and you get the chance of a final swansong down under.

KtF,

Derek.

19 clean sheets in a season are going to take some beating, but for those that think that players shouldn't be capable of top drawer performances at this level I give you Stockport away in the (D***e) playoff season.

It was the season after wasn't it? We drew 1-1? In the playoff season we won 2-1, last minute Eyresy FK.

Same from me too. Had a chat with him in the jacuzzi in the JJB once and when he found out i was a latic i couldnt shut him up!!! Top bloke, will be missed. All the best big fella (i mean height, it wasnt that type of jacuzzi.....)

Edited by BlueJazzer

• 2 weeks later...

Great send-off for Les at half-time today. Mrs. Pogs didn't join him on the pitch - he said she didn't want to get her shoes dirty. :grin: Franny asked him if we could look forward to seeing him in a walk-on part in 'Neighbours' or 'Home & Away'. To a musical accompaniment of a didgeridoo, Les mentioned his happy memories of the Club and thanked everyone for their support. He left to a standing ovation. :applause1:

Thanks for everything Les and good luck for the future.

Still think we should give him a testimonial. But yeah agree with all - gutted Les has gone (and not just cause he was the only hot player we have!!!!!) but because we all expect loyalty and moan when it isn't there (ala Porter) but if we want loyalty we should reward loyalty. THANKS POGS YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Testimonial for Pogs I say...... x

Still think we should give him a testimonial. But yeah agree with all - gutted Les has gone (and not just cause he was the only hot player we have!!!!!) but because we all expect loyalty and moan when it isn't there (ala Porter) but if we want loyalty we should reward loyalty. THANKS POGS YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Testimonial for Pogs I say...... x

As much as I like him I dont agree. Testimonial is given after 10 years service. Great send off, was glad to be part of it!

I agree with a testimonial in recognition of his loyalty in the dark days. How many testimonials have we had over the last few years?

my thoughts about pogs are documented on another thread.... 'sliced bread' springs to mind!!

my only worry would be the attendance at said testimonial...... i dont recall there being 10's of 1,000's for eyresy!

my point being that as our attendances are poor at the moment, i can't see people making that extra effort and obvious spending to say ta-ra to the big fella!! crying shame but alas i think it would be the case......