Chaddy has flown the nest

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the support guys.

Having had a brief chat with Alan, the decision has been put on hold.

Without going too much into it, i have had a REALLY bad week with friends and close family dying. Life just feels crap at the minute, but all this just seemed to come at the wrong time.

It has been decided that once my personal problems have blown over i will sort my decision out with Alan. I am due to not be at the game next week as im away with the family, so it seems i have two weeks to think about where i want this to go.

Obviously i would love to carry on as Chaddy, at the end of the day it has brought me so much joy. Yes, it cost's me a fortune at times, but it has always been worth it.

If it doesnt go the way i want it to go, then at least i know the club have sorted out a replacement.

Sorry to hear this Wayne, you've done a stirling job in the past, be great if you could carry it on too but if not then fair enough. :)

Good luck with fixing all the stuff in your personal life too. Cant be easy.

Edited by davegtt

Blimey...

Family always comes first mate - and Alan deserves credit for appreciating that and giving you some time.

Must have been one hell of a week. :(

Hopefully in a fortnight's time things will look better - and everyone will have had the chance to consider things.

In the meantime, Chaddy takes a rest and all our thoughts and best wishes go with that nice bloke underneath the feathers.

Guest oa_exile
Thanks for all the support guys.

Having had a brief chat with Alan, the decision has been put on hold.

Without going too much into it, i have had a REALLY bad week with friends and close family dying. Life just feels crap at the minute, but all this just seemed to come at the wrong time.

It has been decided that once my personal problems have blown over i will sort my decision out with Alan. I am due to not be at the game next week as im away with the family, so it seems i have two weeks to think about where i want this to go.

Obviously i would love to carry on as Chaddy, at the end of the day it has brought me so much joy. Yes, it cost's me a fortune at times, but it has always been worth it.

If it doesnt go the way i want it to go, then at least i know the club have sorted out a replacement.

Sorry to hear about this Big Man !

Hang in there Wayne and as you say take some time out.

You know you have my support as a Mate of you and the Owl.

Cheers Andy

Blimey...

Family always comes first mate - and Alan deserves credit for appreciating that and giving you some time.

Must have been one hell of a week. :(

Hopefully in a fortnight's time things will look better - and everyone will have had the chance to consider things.

In the meantime, Chaddy takes a rest and all our thoughts and best wishes go with that nice bloke underneath the feathers.

Agreed. Family come first and really sorry to hear about your recent losses Wayne.

I know that OAFC are hoping that you stay on as Chaddy so take your time and get things sorted mate.

Looking at this thread, you have an awful lot of Supporters who are grateful for the efforts that you put in to keep their children entertained. Certainly from my point of view, if there is anything I can do to help during these difficult times, then you only need to ask.

Good to hear it, so all it needs now is for the PA guy to just say "Chaddy decided to fly south for the winter a bit late this year but will be back at BP for the next game against whoever it is unless he takes the wrong turn at Alberque" that'll keep the kids happy.

Sorry to hear about the stress you are having, stuff like that kinda puts things in to perspective.

I prefereed the old owl! haha

In all seriousness mate, i know how much you enjoy doing it, be good for you to take a week or so off (good chance this weekend as we are in Landaon!) give yourself time to let some of the other issues you have playing on your mind take there course, and then see where you are when the dust has settled.

Times like this can be hard mate, but you have a wide community who adore you and are the only reason they come to latics, the suit is just a bit of plastic and foam, but the soul inside it is what makes the person, as we found when Chadwell did a stint at it!

Keep smiling mate :)

Jesus wept, Chickers is getting all philosophical. I prefer you when your drunk mate, you make much more sense :grin:

Thanks for the nice words though mate, you are one of the ones who gets to see just how much i do love the job.

I know i prefer it when i am drunk, it saves on heating bills as i have my nice big beer blanket to keep me warm, and see how i managed to refrain from any comments refering to Gary Glitter in it! hahaha!!

Plus you cant quit yet mate, there is a small matter of the weekend away at wetherby, ya will look a bit stupid running along with the mascots in ya womans gloves and nike sweatband, whilst having the aura of red bull around you! hahaha

Guest M_OAFC

Whilst I am pleased to learn that Wayne may continue I have also received the news with a tinge of sadness as I was really loking forward to telling Jeff's kids that there was no more Chaddy

Sorry to the lad for losing his job but I hope this marks the end of Chaddy the Owl, fluffy mascots belong in the 1990's.

You really are a selfish bah humbug guy...we have a percentage of young kids at the club who have Chaddy as their hero.

I'm glad you don't run our commercial department!!!!

Dont fall for it mate, Coco is just showing people how out of touch with reality he really is.

If mascots were stuck in the 90's why does all but 1 of the 92 league clubs have one? They obviously have their uses in some way.

Just ignore him, he's fishing for a bite again <_<

Erm.........I was hoping this wouldnt get announced until at least tomorrow when i at least get an email from the club to acknowledge my resignation, but it looks like its out now.

All i can say is........Thanks, thanks to everyone who has given me support through this extremely difficult decision. I never though it would be that hard a decision to make, but i guess i loved doing the job a little too much.

Im sure the new chaddy will be just as daft as me.

See ya !

im gutted pal - still remember years ago when u did my 21st - all my younger cousins and even my son loved it! u made their night! dont know if anyone else would give up a saturday night for a fellow passionate latics fan !

all the best pal

Good luck Chaddy, whatever you decide to do. My daughter used to adore you when she was younger (you've not aged a bit - except for that brief, scary head moment! :grin:) and even now, whenever she gets home to watch a match, she always tells me what you've been up to.

You will be missed.

The one club that dont have a mascot is Liverpool.

Benitez wanted to have one which rotated, but health and safety officials prevented it because Wayne's Scouse equivalent would have become disorientated.

Hope you manage to sort out your problems Wayne, to everyone's satisfaction.