Ok, weve got the shez out thread so heres my two penneth...

At the end of the day Shez has done well with the squad weve got left!! Any team would struggle with the players and the number of them weve had out!!!

FFS get off his back .. hes had his hands tied pretty much everyweek interms of team selection, and to be only 5 point off 6th with the injuries weve got is, IMO a not to shabby performance. Had we had a fully fit squad week in week out and not got there then maybe id agree ... but christ some people need to wake up and get things into perspective!!!!

Siiigh feels good to get that rant out!

Shez is doing alright, with the same backing as Talbot and Moore he's doing a better job than both of them, my only gripe with Shez is his transfer dealings or lack of them when we needed them in January. If promotion is out of our reach this season and I feel it probably is then I hope Shez can learn from this season, get the players in we need in the summer and hit the ground running in August, might be another summer of big changes but we definately need something in midfield.

Shez is doing alright, with the same backing as XXXXXX and Moore he's doing a better job than both of them

No he isn't. Last season wasn't his team (the spine of it definitely wasn't.) This season is all his and is lower. As are the gates.....not after his head, far from it, but this seasons extremely similar to 2yrs ago. Fans just telling it differently as expected....but for me, like the last man, Shez deserves the time and chance to build on what he's begun.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. Clubs who chop and change manager rarely prosper, those who keep the faith in their man do well.

SHEZ IN.

Nigel Adkins - took charge in 2006 promoted 2007 - scunthorpe united

Martinez - took charge feb 07 - will be promoted 2008 - Swansea

Grayson - took charge late 05 promoted 2007 - Blackpool

There is to name but a few just in this league.....

Chelsea (could be a case for both points)

IN IN IN!!!

In.....................................for now. I await his transfer dealings in the summer with interest and of course we will mostly have the missing nucleus of the squad back fit. This season started poorly, picked up a bit away from home, peaked with the wins at Everton and Leeds and has levelled out into inconsistent anonyminity, despite our horrific injury problems we are still only 4 points of the most unlikely of play off berths. As we aren't interested in strengthening the squad to end the season, we'll miss out. No big deal if i'm honest as the last thing we would need is another tonking ala Blackpool. So just where has it gone wrong this season? And just what is at the root of all this frustration, of which I have admittedly been part of at times?

(i) BIG MISTAKE in not giving Wellens and Porter a deadline to sign a new deal, instead the club allows itself to be led down the garden path until the very last day of their contracts, thus possibly missing out on potential targets. Contracts end on 30th June, Deadline to re-sign should be 7th June at the latest, if no signature is forthcoming, then pay the remaining weeks, wish them luck and let them piss off!

(ii) Starting back almost three weeks after some clubs, cos we got in the play offs. Other clubs came back at the usual time. So did Dowie's lot in 2003. Unprofessional and a shortened pre-season benefitted no-one.

(iii) Allowing a genuine left-sider like Edwards to leave, then bring in a procession of left-backs on trial and still not have one when the season kicks off. Forcing you to sign a loanee.

(vi) Playing all pre-season with Allott and Kalala, with Liddell in the hole...then signing an unfit Kilkenny, everything goes to pot and it takes us until November to hit a bit of form. Then messiah leaves for a better offer.

(v) Allowing your goalkeeper & Coach not to train and to just play (From his own interview) up until he returns from injury in mid-November and realises what a good job his loanee stand-in has done and decides to get his finger out, thereafter much improved.

(vi) Hesitation in the transfer market costs the club for the second January in succession

(vii) The Ricketts signing was a hell of a gamble and knowing our luck with strikers and the general impatience of the BP crowd was destined to be a move that failed. But then to go from Friday 2nd November-Tuesday 4th March without bringing in ANY sort of striking cover is unforgivable and what has probably cost us a play off place, despite the injuries.

(viii) The lack of dialogue from the owners or even the Trust. They quite rightly stamped their feet over the council's initial lack of vision. The fans stepped up to the plate big time and we've barely heard a muttering from Blitz or Corney since.

(ix) Injuries, Injuries, Injuries you can't legislate for them, but the amount of injuries we've got in training and during warm-ups suggests the routine needs to be looked at.

(X) NO physio! WTF! Most important signing of the summer along with a dedicated fitness conditioner.

Shez for me gets until Christmas progress must be made over both the Summer and the first half of next season. If we start pre-season short again then we know exactly where the club's ambitions lie.

I'll be honest, i'm worried about this summer. I know season ticket sales will be down as there really is an air of doom and gloom around Boundary Park. The owners need to sound a rallying cry and offer some sort of incentive to us long-suffering supporters. Many will renew their tickets but if the cross-section on here is taken in real-terms then ticket sales coule be as much as 30% down on this season AND that is very worrying. I'm not surprised the rumours doing the rounds re: Hillstone and us going into admin as the silence from the halls of power from within BP has been deafening. Time for TTA to stand up and either confirm or deny these rumours. The town of Oldham is indifferent at best to its football club and many will be taking great delight in these as yet unsubstantiated mutterings of impending doom.

Edited by oafcprozac

Nigel Adkins - took charge in 2006 promoted 2007 - scunthorpe united

Martinez - took charge feb 07 - will be promoted 2008 - Swansea

Grayson - took charge late 05 promoted 2007 - Blackpool

There is to name but a few just in this league.....

Chelsea (could be a case for both points)

We could play this game all day but as a counter arguement:

Adkins - Took over a winning side from Laws. Laws had been there a number of years to assemble the squad.

Martinez - Again took over a decent squad from the previous manager, they should have gone up last year. Big budget (at this level) available.

Grayson - I'll give you that one; done a fanatastic job at the Lashers.

Chelsea - I think I could win the league with that budget.

Clubs who have kept the faith: Red Scum, Arsenal, Everton, Crewe (batted way above their station for years).

Clubs who haven't: Newcastle, Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed, City,

That's a great post oafcprozac, really good points made.

I'm with you on the whole In or Out Shez thing, i see no benifit in a knee jerk sacking, as has been stated many times, managers need time and clubs need stability BUT....

Shez has made plenty of mistakes in his time, more alarmingly, he doesn't seem to be learning from them either - the same farce 2 seasons running in the transfer windows being the main example.

For me Shez has another full season to deliver a sustained, successful promotion push, ideally with a little of the the Trotman money being given to him to bring in the 3 or so players we need to turn this side with 'potential' into a side that can challenge.

For me, SHEZ IN for another chance...........

Ok, weve got the shez out thread so heres my two penneth...

At the end of the day Shez has done well with the squad weve got left!! Any team would struggle with the players and the number of them weve had out!!!

FFS get off his back .. hes had his hands tied pretty much everyweek interms of team selection, and to be only 5 point off 6th with the injuries weve got is, IMO a not to shabby performance. Had we had a fully fit squad week in week out and not got there then maybe id agree ... but christ some people need to wake up and get things into perspective!!!!

Siiigh feels good to get that rant out!

Its actually 4 points off the play-offs but well done Shez when we did have a fit squad we did not have any sort of striker that was scoring week in week out.

We could play this game all day but as a counter arguement:

Adkins - Took over a winning side from Laws. Laws had been there a number of years to assemble the squad.

Martinez - Again took over a decent squad from the previous manager, they should have gone up last year. Big budget (at this level) available.

Grayson - I'll give you that one; done a fanatastic job at the Lashers.

Chelsea - I think I could win the league with that budget.

Clubs who have kept the faith: Red Scum, Arsenal, Everton, Crewe (batted way above their station for years).

Clubs who haven't: Newcastle, Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed, City,

My point is you cant use chop and change as an excuse for what might happen or has happened in the past... clubs have chopped and changed somtimes it pays off sometime it dosent... their are more detremental factors which provide a club success.. i.e managerial abillity, cash, luck etc etc...

If a manager is cack then get rid (im not directing this at shez im just pointing out that you cant use that excuse)

Im in the middle... there are great points why we should get rid by the end of the season and equally great points why we should keep faith with him... il leave the decision and all the arguments that go along with it to the board thats what they are there to do.. il just keep supporting my team whatever their decision and whoever is managing and playing in the blue & tangerine!! (until we change to fluo yellow of course)

under shez were playing some exciting football! I havent seen this sort of football in quite a while, although he makes a few mistakes look at some greats Joe Royle, Alf Ramsey (with ipswich) took them ages to achieve, they all do, plus shez has been loyal to the club for a very long time! he knows the lads inside out, and with our budget I dont think any one could have done a better job, the ones that could we couldnt afford!

(i) BIG MISTAKE in not giving Wellens and Porter a deadline to sign a new deal, instead the club allows itself to be led down the garden path until the very last day of their contracts, thus possibly missing out on potential targets. Contracts end on 30th June, Deadline to re-sign should be 7th June at the latest, if no signature is forthcoming, then pay the remaining weeks, wish them luck and let them piss off!

Erm, I'm sorry but that is just balls. The only team that signed a load of players before Porter and Wellens deserted were Port Vale and Forrest. Port Vale are bottom of the league and Forrest are seriously under performing.

Davies, Hughes, Ricketts and Kilkenny at the time were regarded as superb replacements for the departing 2. On paper I don't think we could have got better players in if we had tried. In all honesty, the only one who didn't come off was Ricketts and we shipped him out asap.

Shez in!!! I can't believe people want to see the back of him.

My point is you cant use chop and change as an excuse for what might happen or has happened in the past... clubs have chopped and changed somtimes it pays off sometime it dosent... their are more detremental factors which provide a club success.. i.e managerial abillity, cash, luck etc etc...

If a manager is cack then get rid (im not directing this at shez im just pointing out that you cant use that excuse)

Im in the middle... there are great points why we should get rid by the end of the season and equally great points why we should keep faith with him... il leave the decision and all the arguments that go along with it to the board thats what they are there to do.. il just keep supporting my team whatever their decision and whoever is managing and playing in the blue & tangerine!! (until we change to fluo yellow of course)

Don't disagree with your sentiment, if a manager is cack then there's no point hanging on to him for 10 years. But I just feel in the case of Shez he should get more time. The two most sucessfull managers in our history Jimmy Frizz and Big Joe had 12 and 14 years respectivley (although success for them both came before this).

But I guess my point is that in this age of fast food and manufactured plastic pop stars (I'm showing my age now! :grin: ) there seems to be an attitude that if something doesn't provide instant gratification then get rid. Nothing has time to nurture and evolve; I guess some of our younger players are victims of this attitude.

I look forward to signing "Sheridan's fluorescent yellow army" next season and beyond!

:ktf:

Edited by ghostofcecere

Erm, I'm sorry but that is just balls. The only team that signed a load of players before Porter and Wellens deserted were Port Vale and Forrest. Port Vale are bottom of the league and Forrest are seriously under performing.

Davies, Hughes, Ricketts and Kilkenny at the time were regarded as superb replacements for the departing 2. On paper I don't think we could have got better players in if we had tried. In all honesty, the only one who didn't come off was Ricketts and we shipped him out asap.

Shez in!!! I can't believe people want to see the back of him.

Where have I said I wanted to see the back of Shez? The point is time and time again the club is reactive to situations that are not if we are honest completely unexpected. If we give out of a contract players a dealine that suits OUR agenda not theirs, we may not sign players immediately be we will know what our budget is far sooner and nip in and open dialogue sooner. The Kilkenny deal did not come off, he was out injured for 6 weeks and just as we got him fit he pissed off,dropping us right in the :censored:! Forest may be underperforming but i'd rather be 4th than 11th with 6 games to go. As for Vale they were always going to struggle sfter losing the two big lads upfront.

Edited by oafcprozac

Name me 1 striker that scores every week.

Lee Hughes was scoring week in week out when he was fit. I meant at the start of the season before Lee Hughes came we were not scoring many beacause we did not have anyone scoring week in week out.