Find him a job

Football is unbelievable sometimes..........just out of the play-off picture, 5th round of the FA Cup, been in charge for less than a year......yeah, boo, sack him, get rid. Stupid, just stupid.

Hope if we don't make the play-off's, the same knee jerk reaction doesn't happen to Shez.

P.s - anyone think we could find a role for Stich in our set-up? would he come if asked??

andy andy ritchie has been sacked....

talk about knee and jerk. That chairman has previous tho' sacking the manager when things are tricky to deflect the flak from him.

However this brings us to one of me and my mates favourite latics discussion points. Oppo managers who have been given the sack immediately after they have suffered the ignominy of losing to the little latics. There is quite a list.

McEwen at Sheffield Utd after we had thumped them 5-1 about 1987

Lawrie MCMnemy at Sunderland after we had beaten then 2-0 at their place, shortly after the above I think

Alan Buckley at Grimsby after the 6-0 drubbing on celebration sunday.

Gary Megson 2 seasons back after we beat Forest 3-0

There are lots more, at least one last year i think.

I work over here in Huddersfield and the suggestion is that this is a knee jerk reaction to try and influence this summers season ticket sales.

The locals haven't been too impressed with the football on show and the signings Ritchie has made.

I work over here in Huddersfield and the suggestion is that this is a knee jerk reaction to try and influence this summers season ticket sales.

The locals haven't been too impressed with the football on show and the signings Ritchie has made.

Huddersfield Town in "not famous any more" Shocker

andy andy ritchie has been sacked....

Hasn't gone down too well with the players there apparently. I'd welcome Stitch back here as a Director of Football or if Sheridan goes to Wednesday. If he did end up here then he could join a certain striker who is keen to return across the Hill.

Football is unbelievable sometimes..........just out of the play-off picture, 5th round of the FA Cup, been in charge for less than a year......yeah, boo, sack him, get rid. Stupid, just stupid.

Hope if we don't make the play-off's, the same knee jerk reaction doesn't happen to Shez.

P.s - anyone think we could find a role for Stich in our set-up? would he come if asked??

Thing is, under Shez, we haven't suffered many batterings, have we? They've conceded 3/4 with no reply on several occasions this season.

Did an excellent job with a small Barnsley squad.

Edited by UpTheLatics

Hasn't gone down too well with the players there apparently. I'd welcome Stitch back here as a Director of Football or if Sheridan goes to Wednesday. If he did end up here then he could join a certain striker who is keen to return across the Hill.

I'd imagine the Huddersfield players are feeling rather guilty after their performance on Saturday. Ritchie kept them behind for a 45 minute rollicking and then ends up being the fall guy. Still, it's always the manager who carries the can.

His record at Hudders was W 22; D 5; L 24. Mid-table is clearly not enough for many Clubs at the moment.

Presumably you mean Beckett as the striker looking for a move? Have you heard something that you can share or is it just a rumour? Understand if you can't say too much.

If he turns Westwards and starts running he might be here in time for next season.

Was thinking something similar Andy. Did nobody else (apart from BB80 who has already commented on it) see just how slow/static he was on Saturday? Ok, I know he's a box player but I'd put him a way down our list of potential targets.

"Great news Andy, we'd like to offer you a Boardroom job at Boundary Park."

That will bring some happy memories flooding back.

My thoughts exactly.

Gutted to see Stitch out a job, especially if the defeat at BP was the trigger, but having looked at how their fans reacted on DATM after the game I don't think there'll be too many tears shed.

Edited by jsslatic

talk about knee and jerk. That chairman has previous tho' sacking the manager when things are tricky to deflect the flak from him.

However this brings us to one of me and my mates favourite latics discussion points. Oppo managers who have been given the sack immediately after they have suffered the ignominy of losing to the little latics. There is quite a list.

McEwen at Sheffield Utd after we had thumped them 5-1 about 1987

Lawrie MCMnemy at Sunderland after we had beaten then 2-0 at their place, shortly after the above I think

Alan Buckley at Grimsby after the 6-0 drubbing on celebration sunday.

Gary Megson 2 seasons back after we beat Forest 3-0

There are lots more, at least one last year i think.

I was thinking the same. That Sheff Utd one was at their place as well on New Years Day. One of me and my mates favourite away games ever. We had a :censored: record at Bramall Lane and think we went 1-0 down... But what a turn-around! It was sweet for my mate as he had to ring in sick to go to the match. Sheff Utd fans demonstrated outside after the match

There must be more of these "final straw" matches but I can't think of any.