ST Prices confirmed

i'm happy too.

..and if it means one less moaner not renewing,i,along with shez will be happy too.

I doubt Shez would be very happy as it would mean less money for the club and so less money for him to bring in players.

Anyone know how much a kids season ticket is in the lower tier of the main stand i can't get on the offical site at the minute

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair prices all around imo,for people who say they can't afford the £30 a month easy payment scheme why not try staying in for one night at the weekend thus saving more than the £30 and having one less hangover,happy days.ktf.

Everybodys financial commitments are very different, but this way of paying imo is really easy and as you've said 30 squid a month doesn't kill your commitments if youre working full time.

Reaching (reached!?!) the end of my amateur footy life i was thinking of trying to "squeeze" a couple more seasons in playing therefore not getting to many games next year - however, having been a st ticket holder in the paddock for a few yrs now and as they've frozen 'em and i think it'd be a cracking atmosphere in the roccy next year when all of us paddock moaners/singers/peeheads get in there together!! mm decision to make again - Well done latics.

Guest oa_exile
........i think it'd be a cracking atmosphere in the roccy next year when all of us paddock moaners/singers/peeheads get in there together!! mm decision to make again - Well done latics.

Leeslover and Mark are only going in RRE if the Stewards also move over from the paddock as well :wub:

NOTE : I'll have a word with them :wink:

will he?

and here's me thinking he was on record asking the moaners to support the team or sod off??

lesser of the 2 evils i'd think.

Of course he has said that, he has used it in post match interviews to deflect of questions about poor performances - just like Ferguson and many many other managers have - but that doesn't mean they don't want them to go. As far as i'm aware the only ones Shez has mentioned is the few that sit behind him (the same ones Ronnie Moore got slated for having a go at)

The lesser of two evils? stop everyone who moans from spending there money at latics and the ground would be virtually empty and Shez would end up with no team to manage.

The more people who want to spend their money at Latics the better. We need more fans not less.

One thing and one thing alone brings people back / gets new fans. Winning football. Look at Blackpool.

Cheap tickets have to stupidly cheap to get people in.

That's the nail on the head IMO. Every "lost" fan the club could attract back with price cuts would cost them far more in revenue from those who would pay anyway. It just doesn't add up. I would love to have seen some grand scheme, but does anyone seriously think Mr Corney wouldn't have loved to do something like that every bit as much as we would? If he could just break even whilst getting twice as many fans in I can't doubt he would do it in a shot. The club have a pretty good record in trying things out to get fans in, with Celebration Sunday (despite problems), 5 match end of season discounts, £2 matches.

I think the season ticket prices are fair

Surprised that the Rocky prices will be cheaper than the chaddy considering the Rocky is a much better stand and that what we used to charge away fans an extra £2. I would of expected the owners to raise the rocky prices by £2 so they could charge away fans mores :lol:

As usal the usal moaners are moaning about wanting something for nothing but well done the 3As....:D

£308 / £328 for adult tickets is very reasonable and obviously better value for money (on a cost per game basis, not a cost v entertainment basis) than last season. I didn't moan about pricing last year so I certainly won't this year.

We could all go on at length about the lack of quality at BP this season but in fairness, Hartlepool aside, the last few months have been pretty entertaining. With that fresh in my mind I'll be breaking the cheque book out.

Glad everyone seems to be happy with the fact that the club are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to attract fans who aren't happy clapperd back to the club. Not got a problem with paying £308 but have got a problem with being sat there in stone cold silence every ###### game and paying 300 quid for privilege. But as usual on this board unless you happy clap and agree withe everything our great club does you are a moaner. So so bored, bring back JK.

Gotta say, I have laughed a few times reading this post. The annual ST bitching contest rears its head again with Amsterdam Blue the clear outright winner!

I love this notion that all these extra fans that would be brought to the club, through reduced ticket prices, would be the missing ingredient for the atmosphere. How? These same fickledoms who have gone missing, turned their back on the club, can't stomach it out with what Latics is all about......they're going to magically find their voices and be the ones to sing and cheer the team on at all costs? Like ###### they will be! They'll be the first to moan and whinge and then disappear again should it all turn to ######. I'm all for encouraging new people (old lost fans) back to the club, but to blast the club as Mr Blue has by saying they've failed in trying to get them in and they'll provide the atmosphere is laughable.

TBH, I think the RRE switch will be a good thing and will be improve things next season. And as I said when it was muted very early on that the Lookers would end up in there....I can see a singing contest between the Chaddy and the RRE breaking out throughout next season. Although it won't be much of a contest, as more singing in the RRE will be aided by "acoustics" but it will hopefully encourage more in the Chaddy to join in and return it to a lively stand also. One hopes!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I haven't read through all six pages of this thread but I have some questions.

1. Is there going to be an organised singing section in the large part of the RRE next season that will attempt to put the Chaddy Enders to shame, thereby giving the Chaddy Enders a challenge and resulting in a better atmosphere throughout at least two ends of the three-sided BP?

2. If no organised singing section, will the RRE be made up a similar mix of fans as in the Chaddy End, resulting in little atmosphere?

3. How many of those who sing in the Chaddy End at present are moving to the RRE?

4. Is there anyone else apart from me and BB80 who will continue our modest efforts to lift the team from the Chaddy, and at the same time not be distracted by the rain and sun, like those in the RRE?

5. Is it worth having a poll to find out who is doing what?

I haven't read through all six pages of this thread but I have some questions.

1. Is there going to be an organised singing section in the large part of the RRE next season that will attempt to put the Chaddy Enders to shame, thereby giving the Chaddy Enders a challenge and resulting in a better atmosphere throughout at least two ends of the three-sided BP?

2. If no organised singing section, will the RRE be made up a similar mix of fans as in the Chaddy End, resulting in little atmosphere?

3. How many of those who sing in the Chaddy End at present are moving to the RRE?

4. Is there anyone else apart from me and BB80 who will continue our modest efforts to lift the team from the Chaddy, and at the same time not be distracted by the rain and sun, like those in the RRE?

5. Is it worth having a poll to find out who is doing what?

1. There should be one organized asap before tickets go on sale, otherwise we'll be getting the old farts right in the middle of people who want to sing.

2. Singers should be put in the I section next to the moat.

3. Should think a few will be tempted especially with a singing section (hopefully)

4. I'm sure the atmosphere will be great. Plenty of people in Bp want to sing but have got into bad habits and need a re-lift.

5. Could do a poll but I think the majority would want a singing section - It pleases everyone.

You can't count me and my big mouthed brother in, as always Diego! :dance:

Not surprised by the pricing and I still won't be renewing. I'll pick mi games next season. I can't justify to myself paying £300+ when I've had a meagre level of enjoyment this season at BP.

I've felt like that for the majority of my time supporting Latics. I buy my Season Ticket in hope that the team will be successful (has happened twice in the 13 or so years supporting them!)

Edited by Butter

I've felt like that for the majority of my time supporting Latics. I buy my Season Ticket in hope that the team will be successful (has happened twice in the 13 or so years supporting them!)

like i said many many months ago,if you want a singing section you will have to sort it out yourself or it wont happen.

theclub i understand were approached about this and said it sounded(no pun) like a decent idea,but alas no one official has come up with anything.

you should all sort out a convieniant time and place to get together and thrash out what is the best policy for the singing section,then make sure your all getting your tickets at the same time,that way you should be virtually guarenteed to be all together.

if it doesnt happen and people still moan about the atmosphere next season then they only have themselfs to blame.

Not surprised by the pricing and I still won't be renewing. I'll pick mi games next season. I can't justify to myself paying £300+ when I've had a meagre level of enjoyment this season at BP.

Awwww diddums....not entertaining enough for you to justify the outlay? Maybe you're supporting the wrong club fullstop then?!?!

Started to read this thread, but to be honest I got bored as its very predictable.

3rd year of stationary prices despite inflation; club looking to invest in the stadium and still maintain funding for Sheriden to push for promotion; owners that want to run the club as a business (which given the fall out after Moore is a godsend); most ST = <£15 per game

For me that isn't a terrible set of facts that make the pricing structure OK.

Of course there is the argument that you could reduce the prices and get bigger crowds + the additional spend on pies etc. But I don't believe that we could cut the prices enough to get a BIG boost in ST sales to make this effective, in fact its likely to cost the club money. At the end of the day the biggest impact on attendances will be success on the pitch.

The other argument for me, that in essence a Latics ST is a price-inelastic good (I remember some of my A-Level Ecomomics). There isn't a genuine alternative, so the choice is pay it or lose it, and like fags to a smoker for me its not an option to give up.