ST Prices confirmed

I have had a season ticket for the past 5 seasons in NMS, but I don't think I will be renewing my mainly due to work commitments. However even if my work commitment hadn't been in the way, I would have to have thinked long & hard about renewing, as value for money this season has been poor. I understand that the owners can't afford to drop prices to Huddersfield level, but to me the owners/board haven't done anything in terms of encouraging new/old fans back, which is want BP needs, as I have been to funerals with more atmosphere than some of the games this season.

I know a few people have mentioned easy pay above, but if this is the same firm they have used over the past 2 seasons they are far from easy!! The first season they didn't make collections in the first or second months, when I called to ask what was going on they told me it was an admin problem, fair enough. On the collection of the 3rd month they collected the 2 missed payments & the 3rd payment, however the took another £90 on top for late payments, after alot phone calls they agreed to refund the £90 back and knock it off the total. This season they mucked up again, won't bore you with the details but they are terrible to deal when it's their fault. Plus I realised the interest isn't the cheapest, best thing to do would be to pay on a credit card and pay back monthly.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a season ticket for the past 5 seasons in NMS, but I don't think I will be renewing my mainly due to work commitments. However even if my work commitment hadn't been in the way, I would have to have thinked long & hard about renewing, as value for money this season has been poor. I understand that the owners can't afford to drop prices to Huddersfield level, but to me the owners/board haven't done anything in terms of encouraging new/old fans back, which is want BP needs, as I have been to funerals with more atmosphere than some of the games this season.

I know a few people have mentioned easy pay above, but if this is the same firm they have used over the past 2 seasons they are far from easy!! The first season they didn't make collections in the first or second months, when I called to ask what was going on they told me it was an admin problem, fair enough. On the collection of the 3rd month they collected the 2 missed payments & the 3rd payment, however the took another £90 on top for late payments, after alot phone calls they agreed to refund the £90 back and knock it off the total. This season they mucked up again, won't bore you with the details but they are terrible to deal when it's their fault. Plus I realised the interest isn't the cheapest, best thing to do would be to pay on a credit card and pay back monthly.

Sorry, but the club have priced me out of renewing too and i'm not willing to undertake another liability in the form of the easy payment plan. I know we get wet in the NSM and the Rocky offers shelter as such but i'd be paying £64 more than last season even with the £20 'goodwill' gesture and for a seat with a worse view. I'm glad they've kept the matchday prices to a similar level and as i'll still be a full-time student next year I will have to pick my games. GUTTED, and answer me this say you can't get the money together before the deadline for discount, who the hell is going to pay full whack of £399 to watch 3rd Division Football? Those of us who bought season tickets for 03/04 (£154 for the NSM Paddock) albeit at crazy prices have seen the price Double in 5 years, the reason why the crowds are voting with their feet. I really fear for this summer, if we can't afford the season tickets then signings will be at a premium and I for one will not be held to ransom.

:lol:

This thread is hilarious... I bet some have been waiting, moan ready to be typed... just to swipe at whatever the club have announced...

For gods sake... we are a business, that is losing money, who has just frozen prices for the third year running... in the modern era of the credit crunch and runaway prices - how many businesses can afford to do that? (except when they ahve a squilionaire backer - ie Huddersfield - and then their fans will just be up in arms the season after when the prices revert to normal)

Just get real for a second, and before you whinge ask if you want what is best for our club - or just something for nothing, and then think again about the sense in the club freezing prices for a third year - they could have happily put them up to pay for the new stand - especially seeing to many that all the owners are here for is to make money...

... and as for moving tot he roccy - stop moaning, its the best stand we have got, far better than the tip that is the lookers... its called progress, non-wodden seats, no pillars, and good views and accoustics and the like...

Well done latics - a good offer, If I lived in Oldham I would buy one in a second, however I will probably just give you far more money over the season by paying on the door ad-hoc as always...

:lol:

This thread is hilarious... I bet some have been waiting, moan ready to be typed... just to swipe at whatever the club have announced...

For gods sake... we are a business, that is losing money, who has just frozen prices for the third year running... in the modern era of the credit crunch and runaway prices - how many businesses can afford to do that? (except when they ahve a squilionaire backer - ie Huddersfield - and then their fans will just be up in arms the season after when the prices revert to normal)

Just get real for a second, and before you whinge ask if you want what is best for our club - or just something for nothing, and then think again about the sense in the club freezing prices for a third year - they could have happily put them up to pay for the new stand - especially seeing to many that all the owners are here for is to make money...

... and as for moving tot he roccy - stop moaning, its the best stand we have got, far better than the tip that is the lookers... its called progress, non-wodden seats, no pillars, and good views and accoustics and the like...

Well done latics - a good offer, If I lived in Oldham I would buy one in a second, however I will probably just give you far more money over the season by paying on the door ad-hoc as always...

:applause1::chubb:

Sorry, but the club have priced me out of renewing too and i'm not willing to undertake another liability in the form of the easy payment plan. I know we get wet in the NSM and the Rocky offers shelter as such but i'd be paying £64 more than last season even with the £20 'goodwill' gesture and for a seat with a worse view. I'm glad they've kept the matchday prices to a similar level and as i'll still be a full-time student next year I will have to pick my games. GUTTED, and answer me this say you can't get the money together before the deadline for discount, who the hell is going to pay full whack of £399 to watch 3rd Division Football? Those of us who bought season tickets for 03/04 (£154 for the NSM Paddock) albeit at crazy prices have seen the price Double in 5 years, the reason why the crowds are voting with their feet. I really fear for this summer, if we can't afford the season tickets then signings will be at a premium and I for one will not be held to ransom.

I understand youre a student and all that, however can I ask pro what you thought was gonna be the price for you this coming season? same as last whilst us the the upper paid same as last too in the same stand? how was it going to be done to accommodate the lower prices in the lookers lower?

Agree about the atmosphere. I’m really looking forward to those that want to get the place going again from several stands ganging up in the RRE and making some noise. It’s like a whole new Latics adventure :bblue2:

Now where's the emoticon for the RRE Army?

I understand youre a student and all that, however can I ask pro what you thought was gonna be the price for you this coming season? same as last whilst us the the upper paid same as last too in the same stand? how was it going to be done to accommodate the lower prices in the lookers lower?

Never understood why people pay more in the main stand paddock, the roof covers maybe the back three or four rows but the rest of 'em get as soaked as us paupers in the NSM, so offering main stand paddock tickets for around £250 would've been more reasonable. IF I could afford £308 would get a ticket simple as, but by sticking to their guns and pricing levels being set at £300+ coupled with a pretty crap season at home (that has shown a marked upturn since the end of January)that has seen fans desert us in their 100s sees the club shooting themselves in the foot. If we sell 2,500 i'll be surprised although the fact ST are being offered for the Rochdale Road end may see a few more sold that may not have been. I know the club are skint but many of the fans are too, and a more relistic early bird price band would have been £225-275 psychologically surely that would see a better take up.

Anyhow we'll see, and although i'm whingeing now no doubt i'll do what I did this season and beg steal and borrow to get my ticket before the deadline and the boy will mither me senseless to make sure he gets his.

Are the usual moaners moaning? im sure some people don't actually read posts when people have a complaint. they just dismiss it as having a moan.

I think a lot more people wont be satisfied with whats on offer.

The easy payment plan doesnt sound too easy so i guess i will be having a think. Will probably pay on the day in the rocky. Can't afford to pay in one go and i dont fancy another direct debit. This will prob involve me paying more overall but it suits me best.

Are the usual moaners moaning? im sure some people don't actually read posts when people have a complaint. they just dismiss it as having a moan.

I think a lot more people wont be satisfied with whats on offer.

The easy payment plan doesnt sound too easy so i guess i will be having a think. Will probably pay on the day in the rocky. Can't afford to pay in one go and i dont fancy another direct debit. This will prob involve me paying more overall but it suits me best.

I've used the easy payment plan a couple of times over the last few years when I wasn't particularly flush in May, and was easy peasy. No problems and straight forward.

I suppose places will be limited in the RRE so it's a case of buying mine early on the day they go on sale....the only problem is that it's the same day GTA4 is released and I don't want to trek down to Boundary Park.

I've used the easy payment plan a couple of times over the last few years when I wasn't particularly flush in May, and was easy peasy. No problems and straight forward.

Can you pay the rest off at any time if you want? Or do you have to stick to the plan all the way through?

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I suppose places will be limited in the RRE so it's a case of buying mine early on the day they go on sale....the only problem is that it's the same day GTA4 is released and I don't want to trek down to Boundary Park.

We have the large section though. 3000 seats. Some don't think we'll get 2000 season ticket holders so all should be fine.

Used the payment plan the first two times and found it straight forward and easy to use, no bother. Will be using it again this time.

Can you pay the rest off at any time if you want? Or do you have to stick to the plan all the way through?

Never tried to pay it off early - though I expect it's like any credit agreement in as much as you can request a settlement figure (not sure if that applies to contract of under 12 months).

I suppose places will be limited in the RRE so it's a case of buying mine early on the day they go on sale....the only problem is that it's the same day GTA4 is released and I don't want to trek down to Boundary Park.Can you pay the rest off at any time if you want? Or do you have to stick to the plan all the way through?

Why the hell would you need to???... Latics have entered the 21st century... you can buy your season tickets online from your darkened room as you bash some homies on GTA4

B)

Edited by BigfinLatic

Last year i qualified for the 'intermeadiary' ticket and i think i was restricted to the NSM Paddock, well iv converted my sister from bieng a Manure fan to get a season ticket with us :grin: after her watching a few games this season(dont ask me how lol) does anybody know what stand you have to sit in, for one of these this season? cheers

KTF