Micah Richards

Yep Richards signed a huge contract extention with CIty recently.... as soon as he signed it I believed he'd be on his way this summer!! Seems a common practice the club / player to get a longer the contract signed ......... the longer he's tied to the more they can get for him and he can command!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Richards signed a huge contract extention with CIty recently.... as soon as he signed it I believed he'd be on his way this summer!! Seems a common practice the club / player to get a longer the contract signed ......... the longer he's tied to the more they can get for him and he can command!!

which is even better for us when it comes to our 20% :bblue2: :bblue2: :bblue2:

- England International

- Very Young & Talented

- Long Term Contract

Surely you're looking at £15-£20mil?

Whack another 10 million on for the fact that City will charge United well over the odds for him, because they are fierce rivals, these transfer just don't happen and when they do....they are for mega bucks (e.g Figo to Real Madrid).

City have all the money they need now and they have him under contract so why would they sell ? doesn't make any sense. the other point i've never known bookies to take bets on transfering of players ever as they would make considerable losses.

He's better than that, I wouldn't want him anywhere near a red shirt (bar Wales of course).

Whatever....

United can quite happily sign Micah and Eards and win every trophy in sight... whilst we batter this division with £5-10m in our back pocket....

"Choo Choo.... all aboard the gravy train... Micah has a 1st class ticket to the Nike ballpark!"

If Micah goes for £20m this will be the best close season in history....

It's interesting looking at what he said when he signed the new contract:

"The manager has been great. We're going to fight for Europe, which is a massive achievement."

So if Eriksson goes and they don't make the Uefa cup place...?

He won't look so good at City next season fighting relegation :grin:

He will move to top 4 side i think to keep his profile with Capello

Mega bucks £20 mill i hope :)

Whatever....

United can quite happily sign Micah and Eards and win every trophy in sight... whilst we batter this division with £5-10m in our back pocket....

"Choo Choo.... all aboard the gravy train... Micah has a 1st class ticket to the Nike ballpark!"

If Micah goes for £20m this will be the best close season in history....

yes but how much do you actually,hand on heart think tta's would give to shez for players.

that kind of money only comes along once in a while,and whilst my heart would say give him 3 million to spend,i doubt he would actually get anywhere near that.

yes but how much do you actually,hand on heart think tta's would give to shez for players.

that kind of money only comes along once in a while,and whilst my heart would say give him 3 million to spend,i doubt he would actually get anywhere near that.

I don't think they'd give it him in one big splurge, but maybe use it over 2/3/4 seasons. 20% of £15m would be £3m (being conservative about it), an extra £750k per season, spent wisely, should do the trick. £15k a week on the wage bill? Wouldn't want to see 7/8 new players, just 3/4 that would make a big difference.

Of course you wouldnt expect that... but imagine if he got £1m, or even £750k... or even £500k... thats a whole new squad in this division with the current transfer climate... and never mind the obsession with transfer fees, it suddenly makes the cashflow and balance sheets a million times healthier... and suddently we can afford higher wages... which in this era of no-transfer fees and players moving at end of contracts is worth much more...

For biggest Latics 'pay days' - Irwin is quite down the list at £625,000.

Rick Holden deal was quoted at £1.2 million (though that had high valuations of Redmond and Pointon), and wasn't Milligan a £1 million rated deal well?

Difficult with football though - £625 was a lot more money in 1990 comparitively.

Agree with the comment that IF this deal brings the club £2-3 million, this needs to be used sustainably.

Rick Holden deal was quoted at £1.2 million (though that had high valuations of Redmond and Pointon), and wasn't Milligan a £1 million rated deal well?

Difficult with football though - £625 was a lot more money in 1990 comparitively.

Agree with the comment that IF this deal brings the club £2-3 million, this needs to be used sustainably.

A decent investment in youth development, perhaps. Hopefully produce another Micah!

Guest oa_exile

The only other large pay day I can think of was Gerrard to Everton for £1M.

I don't think they'd give it him in one big splurge, but maybe use it over 2/3/4 seasons. 20% of £15m would be £3m (being conservative about it), an extra £750k per season, spent wisely, should do the trick. £15k a week on the wage bill? Wouldn't want to see 7/8 new players, just 3/4 that would make a big difference.

Trouble is, I think that was the strategy this season. Core spine of high cost, er, quality: Crossley, Gregan, Thompson, Davies, Hughes and poss Liddell, and a couple of pricey loans such as Constantine with the smattering of kids. The plan went a bit wonky when they all got injured, many of them at the same time.

So I think we should spread things a little thinner and expand the squad a bit.

The only other large pay day I can think of was Gerrard to Everton for £1M.

Didnt Jobbo go to Leeds for a mill also? think we got 3/4 mill for shaggy marshall also when he joined ispwich in 1993. Not too mention the million we got off aberdeen for Paul Bernard(my god that ws good business)3/4 mill for warhurst to wednesday. ill stop now cos no ome likes a smart ass ^_^:grin: