Darren Huckerby

Reported to have been on 18k a week at Narwich, so a huge pay drop to sign him up on a permanant here. Would like to see him here as he'd have the extra fans coming through and is versitile in that he plays either on the left wing or up front.

Cannot see this one. Getting him on loan is a different beast, doubt he'd lower his demands to 3 or 4k a week anyway.

Perhaps it will be Dickov....... :curtains:

dickov has apparently had talks with a major league soccer club in the last 2 weeks.i wanted him here in january as i still think he can do a very good job at this level.

would also like to see huckerby,like has been said versatile player,but he is 32,and his wage demands maybe too high,as far as i know he has never been a big time charlie,he left city because he was frustrated at the lack of first team chances he was getting,as he wanted to play every game,so he went to norwich.

lots of players will be getting released over the next few weeks,maybe a bargain or two

See this is why I don't tend to go onto these "speculate about anyone" topics....we've had Huckerby, Dickov and Morrell all suggested as players we might look at. I hope to god Shez doesn't take the advice...I'd rather be bitten by a rabid dog than look at those 3....all has-beens. I'd be making efforts for Constantine, Clarke and Vernon, but not the old codgers being muted about.

See this is why I don't tend to go onto these "speculate about anyone" topics....we've had Huckerby, Dickov and Morrell all suggested as players we might look at. I hope to god Shez doesn't take the advice...I'd rather be bitten by a rabid dog than look at those 3....all has-beens. I'd be making efforts for Constantine, Clarke and Vernon, but not the old codgers being muted about.

Have to admit I tend to agree with that. Not too sure about Constatine, I think he's about 30 now, I'd rather we went younger than that.................. I posted elswhere that I thought Jordan Robertson might be a good striking option from what I saw. I think he's more likely to be happy playing second fiddle to Hughes and Davies too than more experienced pro's.

I think the rumour about the loanwas on here but nowhere else. And at the wages he was on then it is unlikely to be more than that..

The power of the internet - someone can put a name on, there's a flurry of discussion and then the rumour is established.

Huckerby , my bottom.

fair point.....but who would be more likely to beat a man down the wing,liddell or huckerby??

i agree constantine and jordan roberts,clarke i hope not but think shez is blinkered,and not vernon.

i have even mentioned jones from crewe and lefondre from rochdale.

My dad has watched LeFondre a few times at Spotland and rates him, although he did say that Chris Dagnall's hat trick against Rotherham last month, was something special. It was his first game back after a serious injury and he did it all in 20 minutes after coming on as a sub. Personally, I reckon you have to be an exotic player to warrant an exotic name, so I would go with the daggy one !!!

I think the rumour about the loanwas on here but nowhere else. And at the wages he was on then it is unlikely to be more than that..

The power of the internet - someone can put a name on, there's a flurry of discussion and then the rumour is established.

Huckerby , my bottom.

It was true.

dickov has apparently had talks with a major league soccer club in the last 2 weeks.i wanted him here in january as i still think he can do a very good job at this level.

would also like to see huckerby,like has been said versatile player,but he is 32,and his wage demands maybe too high,as far as i know he has never been a big time charlie,he left city because he was frustrated at the lack of first team chances he was getting,as he wanted to play every game,so he went to norwich.

lots of players will be getting released over the next few weeks,maybe a bargain or two

What worries me is they get released and then other teams snap them up. I would have suggested Schofield from town who has gone to Yeovil on a free. I rated him but what do i know.

His scoring record at Norwich is 1 in 5, although he hasn't always been played as an out and out striker.

There was a comment on the board that he would add to the gate.

I have to be honest, I wouldn't get out of bed to see Darren Huckerby play. If he scored a couple of hat-tricks for my local team I may wander along to see what it's all about, but how many times has he done that?

Waste of time and money.