FAO DRUMMER BOY

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don't mind at home. you know where he is going to be sat if you are a season ticket buyer so buy to a different part of the Chaddy if you don't like it.

Away games, I have been less than complimentary as it drowns out the natural singing of songs and little help is required.

What Josh needs, rather than abuse, is a few more hearty singers around him (ideally who are sober enough to remember the words) - especially at away games. It'd be nice to think that at least away from home the Chaddy and Paddock/RRE factions could actually join up with one voice...

As for at home, as long as he's not near the back of the RRE behind the goal I don't mind... :lol:

It’s pretty valid to ask where he plans to sit, it’s not reasonable to expect people to have to move after they’ve bought their season ticket if someone decides to bang a drum in their ear all season. He should also stay in that place, the initial trouble over this came about because he followed a bloke who had already complained and moved to get away from it. If he’s allowed to bring the drum in then we should know where it will be so people can go beside it, or the other side of the ground, according to their preferences.

On drumish subjects, who had the other one at Crewe? Pretty decent player IMO, LDB could do worse than to have listened to him sustain a rhythm.

Not really needed mate ... if you haven't got anything constructive to say don't bother saying anything.

Who threw you a banana? Who are you to say what he can and can't say? Granted he used a 'naughty' word but he censored it out. He was discussing the original point, you weren't. You could argue that your comment wasn't needed. If his comment over steps the mark remove it or get someone to remove, don't talk to him like your his dad. :rant.sml:

Not really needed mate ... if you haven't got anything constructive to say don't bother saying anything.

SORRY!!!!!

it is tho... away games yeah but home games you cant hardly hear the chaddy end and then when someone bangs a drum it drowns out the singing

yeah reading it now i prob was abit harsh ill bring my flute with me to the next home game

What Josh needs, rather than abuse, is a few more hearty singers around him (ideally who are sober enough to remember the words) - especially at away games. It'd be nice to think that at least away from home the Chaddy and Paddock/RRE factions could actually join up with one voice...

Our away fans are superb, last thing we need is a drummer IMO.

Our away fans are superb, last thing we need is a drummer IMO.

Generally speaking you're right. One of the best in the league.

I just think the singers and the drummer could work together a bit better for an even more sustained wall of noise.

One thing I love about away games is the improved atmosphere. I don't join in that much these days but it's great to be in amongst it.

Sitting in the Main stand roccy road paddock, i'm in two minds about this... firstly if I didnt go to away games and read this board I would have no knowlege there is a drum in the chaddy, the accoustics are so crap I have never heard it.... imgine what it would sound like if it was in the RRE - anyone remember the lashers in there?... would be great if we could get that drumming and chanting going for a home game...

Secondly, I dont think they would need it in the RRE, everyone who sings or has any sense is heading in there... the drum should probably stay in the Chaddy - think they need the help!...

Sitting in the Main stand roccy road paddock, i'm in two minds about this... firstly if I didnt go to away games and read this board I would have no knowlege there is a drum in the chaddy, the accoustics are so crap I have never heard it....

LOL It was the same for me, I was reading threads about the drum when he first started and I had no idea either. I thought it was just me but obviously not :grin:

Generally speaking you're right. One of the best in the league.

I just think the singers and the drummer could work together a bit better for an even more sustained wall of noise.

One thing I love about away games is the improved atmosphere. I don't join in that much these days but it's great to be in amongst it.

What do you think our chances are of recruiting Phil Spectre to produce this wall of noise? :D

Didnt get an ST last season for the first time in many a year and the main reason was the nonsense surrounding the drummer and his legal action against a mate of mine who objected to his space being invaded by the innane drumming - I know this has been exhausted on here but the fact is that it did cost Latics 7 season tickets last season. I went to a few games with my lad on a pay-on-the-day basis but it wasnt the same with my 5 mates missing. If I renew this season I need to know where the drummer boy will be plotted up or else I'll keep my hard earned in my pocket again !

Problem is that once you get used to doing the unthinkable on a saturday afternoon - ie not having a few drinks then not watching Latics, somehow you find other things to do !. I hope to be back this year but the drummer could swing it either way ! So come on fella ..... just where will you be sitting ???

It’s pretty valid to ask where he plans to sit, it’s not reasonable to expect people to have to move after they’ve bought their season ticket if someone decides to bang a drum in their ear all season. He should also stay in that place, the initial trouble over this came about because he followed a bloke who had already complained and moved to get away from it. If he’s allowed to bring the drum in then we should know where it will be so people can go beside it, or the other side of the ground, according to their preferences.

On drumish subjects, who had the other one at Crewe? Pretty decent player IMO, LDB could do worse than to have listened to him sustain a rhythm.

there was only one drum at crewe and it was the legend that is I lol