Going to Wembley?

Just thought I would see how many Latics fans will be going to Wembley play off finals this year.

When Rochdale v Stockport came around, I decided to go to that match as I am in London on the bank holiday weekend visiting family.

Sitting in the Rochdale end - Section BK505.

I will take my Latics shirt so you may just spot me if you are down that way this weekend.

Turbo

Just thought I would see how many Latics fans will be going to Wembley play off finals this year.

When Rochdale v Stockport came around, I decided to go to that match as I am in London on the bank holiday weekend visiting family.

Sitting in the Rochdale end - Section BK505.

I will take my Latics shirt so you may just spot me if you are down that way this weekend.

Turbo

I'll be the dazzlingly handsome chap in Block 502. I dont think I'll wear my Latics top as they'll probably think I'm a patronising Biffo. Up the Dale! Come on up and get taught a footballing lesson in the two "El Classico's" next season.

Going to Wembley? Yes I am, next Wednesday for the England game!

If I supported Rochdale I'd be going on Monday too... but I don't.

I'd love Dale to win but to me, going to the final would be like being a gatecrasher at someone else's party.

Went to every England game at Old Trafford, St. James's etc... tbh there wasn't one outstanding game amongst them, cost me a fortune and after the pile of ###### vs Macedonia at Home I said never again will I throw my money away away watching a team of overrated, overhyped :censored:houses that couldn't give monkey's for the shirt (see Rooney, Lampard, Ashley Cole etc.._) As for Dale v Stockport should be a great day out, always had a soft spot for Football's perennial under achievers so me and my boy will be Dale for the day, nothing to do with divided loyalties at £13 a ticket it is a fantastic opportunity for a cracking day out rather than paying over the odds to watch England's 4th choice XI take on the Yanks at 'Soccer'. Whilst the Sky appointed Royalty of English football will be sunning themselves on their yatchs in the South of France, hoping to catch thge eye of the paparazzi.

Went to every England game at Old Trafford, St. James's etc... tbh there wasn't one outstanding game amongst them, cost me a fortune and after the pile of ###### vs Macedonia at Home I said never again will I throw my money away away watching a team of overrated, overhyped :censored:houses that couldn't give monkey's for the shirt (see Rooney, Lampard, Ashley Cole etc.._) As for Dale v Stockport should be a great day out, always had a soft spot for Football's perennial under achievers so me and my boy will be Dale for the day, nothing to do with divided loyalties at £13 a ticket it is a fantastic opportunity for a cracking day out rather than paying over the odds to watch England's 4th choice XI take on the Yanks at 'Soccer'. Whilst the Sky appointed Royalty of English football will be sunning themselves on their yatchs in the South of France, hoping to catch thge eye of the paparazzi.

Each to their own mate. At no point in my post did I suggest that you should be going to the England game. I simply pointed out that I will be.

I'm glad you don't give up on Latics after a series of poor results or when it appears that the players don't have pride in the shirt as I think we'd have all stopped going a few years back.

Anyone who wants to go to the play-off final is more than welcome to do so but personally I wouldn't get much satisfaction out of it as my team isn't playing. That's not having a go at anyone else, that's just how it feels for me.

I hate all this love of dale recently... I wont be goin to any match because im a full time tic fan, couldnt care who comes up between them because they'll be going straight back down again!

True dale fans hate us and the feeling is only mutual! :-)

I hate all this love of dale recently... I wont be goin to any match because im a full time tic fan, couldnt care who comes up between them because they'll be going straight back down again!

True dale fans hate us and the feeling is only mutual! :-)

Tend to agree ....... however being a Dale lad part of me is wanting to go and watch my strange second cousin nobody in the family likes to mention!! If only to say in years to come that 50% of your crowd were Biffo's including me :grin:

Tend to agree ....... however being a Dale lad part of me is wanting to go and watch my strange second cousin nobody in the family likes to mention!! If only to say in years to come that 50% of your crowd were Biffo's including me :grin:

I hope Dale go up. Just wondering why do they call us Biffos

Its alright Clare, we were all offended enough by Rob's shirt on the day, the pictures wont add to this...

:wink:

Hope Dale go up as well so long as we can batter them twice and see them go straight back down. If not Stockport is always a good away day anyways!

Let me know if you going next Monday buddy - My Tickets are booked .. going to support my mate and the Dale

2 proper local derbys next season, now thats the result !!

I'm glad you don't give up on Latics after a series of poor results or when it appears that the players don't have pride in the shirt as I think we'd have all stopped going a few years back.

Hurrah!

We all get a little miffed after the obligeratory England defeat, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I give up on them. And I fail to understand people so willing to throw in the towel.

Edit: Although this is less aimed at someone who feels football is not value for money, more just the mass abandonment of England's casual supporter.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

My problem with England is that the whole set up is less a national team more a marketing machine. Some of the first games I watched were in the Mexico '86 World Cup, we had players like Peter Reid, Bryan Robson, Gary LIneker, Terry Butcher, Terry Fenwick all players who would have ran through brick walls for their country, now we may have better individual players but they look out for number one and couldn't give two hoots in reality. My point will be proven when the squd plays next week and in the Carribbean, i'm sure the line up will be similar to the farcical team that lined up in the US in 2005. I went to most of the games at Old Trafford more for the convenience than anything else but I admit that between 2003-06 I didn't witness one good all round performance never mind outstanding. I support my country but me, the normal fan in the street was alienated once they returned to the corporate money making machine that is Wembley. As for Latics they are in my blood, completely different to the over paid prima donnas that are paid so handsomely to represent their country. OK my club often under achieves and I whinge with the best of them but I'll be back week after week, year after year my devotion to my club is very removed from the indifference felt actually apathy towards Team In-ger-land.

Thing is with Latics, I know we're crap, with a few good days thrown in that make it all worthwhile. That's part of the fun. With the talent at their disposal England should have won something in the last 20 years but they haven't the balls to stand up and be counted and win mediocre tournaments. (see Euro '04, Germany '06 etc..)Instead the nation continually prefers to wallow in glorious failure........not me. Those that want to follow England everywhere.....respect. You must have more money than sense but fair play to you.

Edited by oafcprozac

With the talent at their disposal England should have won something in the last 20 years but they haven't the balls to stand up and be counted and win mediocre tournaments. (see Euro '04, Germany '06 etc..)Instead the nation continually prefers to wallow in glorious failure........not me.

The last 20 years - make that 42! Not even reached a final, never mind won anything!!

The F.A. has set the target of semi-finals for the next two competitions. Blimey, even Mike Bassett could come out of retirement and get us to the semi-finals.

Not sure if going now .................... was going to buy a ticket to meet up with a few people.

You get them through ticketmaster, pick up in Rochdale's (home for the test this weekend) ground with 7% handling and 4.60 processing charge WTF.

It's not like they will sell more than 15,000 ......... paying an extra 7quid for my ticket, no chance!!!!!! This excludes petrol.