o grady signing confirmed

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alan hardys words last week- "we hope to be able to conclude some more exiting signings soon." Lets just hope this is still to come.

before i get slagged off for moaning why am i not entitled to an opinion, it is definately a dissapointing signing in most peoples opinion, but if he turns out to be decent i will gladly admitt i was wrong

He's shrunk! Listed as 6 foot 1 now. Must be all this rain, could be why the medical too so long.
Edited by dean 1984

alan hardys words last week- "we hope to be able to conclude some more exiting signings soon."

On other threads, as well as this one, you appear to be a bit dismissive of this one and feel that the word in bold isn't how you feel about this signing. How come?

alan hardys words last week- "we hope to be able to conclude some more exiting signings soon."

Your choice about whether it is exciting or not. Either trust the judgment of the Scouts and Management at Latics (plus the glowing praise from BP1960) or the cherry picked words of a few Rotherham fans.

To me, the guy sounds like a mix between Davies and Porter and if that is the case, we have got a very useful and exciting prospect as back up to our two main strikers.

oh dear

WTF is your problem? For Christ sake, People whine for signings then slag the bugger off before he's even put a shirt on! I for one are far more pleased this pre-season than I was last when we put our faith in a lot of older so called 'proven' players that had us bottom of the league after 10 games. This lad isn't a bad player, ok his application isn't always there but it isn't with Davies either. Who the hell did you want us to sign? Holt? A lazy useless fat turd every time i've seen him and the Forest fans agree. Lambert? Dream on. Clarke? Ok I wouldn't have minded Leon but he would not have come cheap and seeing as he got plenty of game time at the ned of the season and was influential in them staying up he made have had a reprieve at Hillsborough. Constantine? He did ok but is an ageing journeyman. This boy is young and hungry, obviously has a point to prove after leaving Leicester, signing for us is his way back up and he will provide the competotion to the injury prone Hughes and indifferent Davies, whilst at the same time keepin Lewi on his toes. Good luck Chris and welcome to BP, ignore the moaners you'll get used to it fella. Trouble is some people think were friggin' Real Madrid not an average third division club with 4,500 attendances.

Edited by oafcprozac

WTF is your problem? For Christ sake, People whine for signings then slag the bugger off before he's even put a shirt on! I for one are far more pleased this pre-season than I was last when we put our faith in a lot of older so called 'proven' players that had us bottom of the league after 10 games. This lad isn't a bad player, ok his application isn't always there but it isn't with Davies either. Who the hell did you want us to sign? Holt? A lazy useless fat turd every time i've seen him and the Forest fans agree. Lambert? Dream on. Clarke? Ok I wouldn't have minded Leon but he would not have come cheap and seeing as he got plenty of game time at the ned of the season and was influential in them staying up he made have had a reprieve at Hillsborough. Constantine? He did ok but is an againg journeyman. This boy is young and hungry, obviously has a point to prove after leaving Leicester, signing for us is his way back up and he will provide the competotion to the injury prone Hughes and indifferent Davies, whilst at the same time keepin Lewi on his toes. Good luck Chris and welcome to BP, ignore the moaners you'll get used to it fella. Trouble is some people think were friggin' Real Madrid not an average third division club with 4,500 attendances.

Well said that man.

:applause1:

WTF is your problem? People whine for signings then slag the fecker off before he's even put a shirt on! I for one are far more pleased this pre-season than I was last when we put our faith in a lot of older so called proven players that had us bottom of the league after 10 games. This lad isn't a bad player, ok his application isn't always there but it isn't with Davies either. Who the hell did you want us to sign? Holt? A lazy useless fat turd every time i've seen him and the Forest fans agree. Lambert? Dream on. Clarke? Ok I wouldn't have minded Leon but he would not have come cheap and seeing as he got plenty of game time at the ned of the season and was influential in them staying up he made have had a reprieve at Hillsborough. Constantine? He did ok but is an againg journeyman. This boy is young and hungry, obviously has a point to prove after leaving Leicester, signing for us is his way back up and he will provide the competotion to the injury prone Hughes and indifferent Davies, whilst at the same time keepin Lewi on his toes. Good luck Chris and welcome to BP, ignore the moaners you'll get used to it fella. Trouble is some people think were friggin' Real Madrid not an average thrid division club with 4,500 attendances.

Voice of reason!

This guy will b hungry!!

Constantine was so lazy for us!!

We want players playing for the shirt!!

Dont judge till you have seen him!

How many people ate there words on Allot?

Your choice about whether it is exciting or not. Either trust the judgment of the Scouts and Management at Latics (plus the glowing praise from BP1960) or the cherry picked words of a few Rotherham fans.

To me, the guy sounds like a mix between Davies and Porter and if that is the case, we have got a very useful and exciting prospect as back up to our two main strikers.

Have you seen his goals on LW Jeff, some absolute belters there. Especially the one at Forest in April '07. Very good vollyer and at squeezing his efforts home whilst in a tight spot. Good hold up player and looks to have the knack of shooting on sight.

see what i mean u have your opinion i will have mine why does every comment have to be positive, i will obviously support o grady and want him to do well all im saying is he doesnt seem like a good signing i also think it is disrespectful to smalley and lewis, who did well last season and we are bringing in a striker that will be ahead of them in the pecking order

WTF is your problem? For Christ sake, People whine for signings then slag the bugger off before he's even put a shirt on! I for one are far more pleased this pre-season than I was last when we put our faith in a lot of older so called 'proven' players that had us bottom of the league after 10 games. This lad isn't a bad player, ok his application isn't always there but it isn't with Davies either. Who the hell did you want us to sign? Holt? A lazy useless fat turd every time i've seen him and the Forest fans agree. Lambert? Dream on. Clarke? Ok I wouldn't have minded Leon but he would not have come cheap and seeing as he got plenty of game time at the ned of the season and was influential in them staying up he made have had a reprieve at Hillsborough. Constantine? He did ok but is an againg journeyman. This boy is young and hungry, obviously has a point to prove after leaving Leicester, signing for us is his way back up and he will provide the competotion to the injury prone Hughes and indifferent Davies, whilst at the same time keepin Lewi on his toes. Good luck Chris and welcome to BP, ignore the moaners you'll get used to it fella. Trouble is some people think were friggin' Real Madrid not an average third division club with 4,500 attendances.

Clarke? Ok I wouldn't have minded Leon but he would not have come cheap and seeing as he got plenty of game time at the ned of the season and was influential in them staying up he made have had a reprieve at Hillsborough.

I wanted Clarke but from his interview on fishul site it looks like we have just saved the best part of £100,000 - possibly even £150k as undisclosed usually means £50k or thereabouts. Toxteth is the big lump we have been after who doesn't mind putting it about and he has already said the right things in his interview.

Good work to all involved!

Edited by beag_teeets

Fair play to the lad. Seems his agent told him to go to Millwall but he choose Latics. From the horses mouth on his LW interview. Probably something to do with moving his family down to London but hey, why let that get in the way he held out for Latics.

Edited by Lags

Most people seem to be of the opinion that they want Davies and Hughes as the main strikeforce for next season. Could you really see the likes of Keigan Parker or anyone of similar mould coming here and sitting on the bench. Same goes for either Hughes or Davies who i'm sure expect to be the main strike force. The lads going to more than likely be a bit part player coming off the bench until either one gets suspended or injured and he gets his chance. I really dont understand how people can knock a lad they've never even see play before he's even kicked a ball.

I really dont understand how people can knock a lad they've never even see play before he's even kicked a ball.

Totally agree.

He turned another club down to join us too, as did Lee and Fleming. They actually want to be here. That can only be a good thing.

As for chants it''ll be the Liddell style one won't it.

Totally agree.

He turned another club down to join us too, as did Lee and Fleming. They actually want to be here. That can only be a good thing.

As for chants it''ll be the Liddell style one won't it.

du du du du Chris O Grady

How about O grady your rubbish get off the park. Sheridan you dont know what your doing. Might have a bet how long that takes to be shouted.

What about 3 up front !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That may work as O'Grady likes to forage wide, similar to Grant Holt in that respect.

He is not a penalty area striker like Hughes, this may enable Davies (or Allesandra) to play a free role alongside both of them, most defences in this division would find it hard to cope with such a combination of forward power, movement and finishing.