its dale away

Avoiding the obvious that we will be out of the cup, and for those of us that live in Rochdale;

What happens if we lose???

Could you bear the shame?

KtF,

Derek.

I've been giving my Dale season ticket holding next door neighbours grief for years as they are about the only club we can look down upon. If we lose I shall have to put the house up for sale :grin:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avoiding the obvious that we will be out of the cup, and for those of us that live in Rochdale;

KtF,

Derek.

Mmm, what's it like to be knocked out of the Cup by your hometown club?

Thankfully I never got to find out, but it was pretty scary for a while.

Thank you Fitz Hall!

I've been giving my Dale season ticket holding next door neighbours grief for years as they are about the only club we can look down upon. If we lose I shall have to put the house up for sale :grin:

Apparently, MMC Estates offer a No Sale No Fee service

and for those of us that live in Rochdale;

Heard Scotland's not too shabby in August. :grin:

I know you wont like this derek, but the key to beating Dale will be Taylor. The main weak link in my eyes for dale is the right back spot (Ramsden). Bit of pace and he'll be beat all day/night.

I'll be really confident of a win if they dont sign another centre mid as without Perkins they'll just get overrun in midfield. Should be a decent game though and some decent individual tussles. Stanton/McArdle v Hughes/Davies, Rundle v Eardley and Allott v Jones who are pretty similar centre mid's.

For those wondering about pubs nearby. There isnt that much choice near the ground if you're an away fan. Especially ones expecting a big following - Most of the local places shut up shop and just let the regulars in. Tactics they've opted in recent years on tuesday nights when Hartlepool, Carlisle and Plymouth have come for crucial games with 2,000+ fans. Friendlies are different.

The Church Inn next to the ground. I'll be suprised if they have the front doors open (they definately will after the game). It'll be a back door job I think and if you're not recognised then no chance - it's not the biggest of places either way and the bar is tiny. There's the dale bar at the side of the main stand which is over 21's only. Costs a quid to get in. Then there's Studds underneath one of the home ends. Impossible to get served at times and its only on the off chance they open the doors from the outside to get into Studds that you'd have a chance of getting in.

There's the Cemmy Inn near the Cemetary which myself and a few others went in last season at the friendly. About a 5 minutes walk. Best bet is the town centre. Only a ten minute walk and it's cheaper alcohol. Usual Litten Tree, Regal Moon, type places i'm guessing will have a number of Oldham in.

Oh and whatever you do. Dont park your car on Spotland near the shops (just down from the sandy lane) as I can guarentee you'll have your car tampered with. Massive problems there last season with cars of both dale and just about every away fan stupid enough to park on (though if you do get there early enough. You can shove it on that main road "sandy lane" and you'll be fine so long as there's no colours shown. the little scallies round there are b**tards"). For those who know the area. Oulder Hill school should be adopting a "manned" car park. Think it's a quid near the cemmetary. That said, those of you planning on coming off the motorway and going down by Roch Valley way probably wont make kick off unless you set off early enough. Traffic around that area (which I live) is an absolute 'mare. Again, probably easier to go through Royton, stick it in the town centre at a car park and walk up.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

There's the Cemmy Inn near the Cemetary which myself and a few others went in last season at the friendly. About a 5 minutes walk. Best bet is the town centre. Only a ten minute walk and it's cheaper alcohol. Usual Litten Tree, Regal Moon, type places i'm guessing will have a number of Oldham in.

I going to say, don't we usually just go to the town centre Wetherspoons when we visit random towns we've never been to before?

I going to say, don't we usually just go to the town centre Wetherspoons when we visit random towns we've never been to before?

The Regal Moon is crap though. The Litten Tree's better and has better barmaids.....................unless Dali Bars open that is. :grin:

Here's a little taster of what you can expect if you go in the town centre lees.

Rochdale has all the pretty ladies. :grin:

*disclaimer. Dont watch those links if you're easily offended. Just eaten or are a minor.

KtF,

Derek.

That reminds me: where is Corporal Jones these days?

Maybe he's on his hols... Here's one for the conspiracy theorists: could Corporal Jones be Shez? Discuss.

Careful, you don't want to rouse the beast from his cave....

Going to be a messy day, I've booked the afternoon off & the morning after, should we lose, I'm resigning from my job! I work for Zen Internet in Rochdale!!!!!!

The town will be overrun with Tangerine sorry Flou Yellow!!!

Nawwwty!! :busted:

Going to be a messy day, I've booked the afternoon off & the morning after, should we lose, I'm resigning from my job! I work for Zen Internet in Rochdale!!!!!!

The town will be overrun with Tangerine sorry Flou Yellow!!!

Nawwwty!! :busted:

Right First time Rick - Tangerine :grin:

The church will be closed next to the ground I would imagine so the nearest boozer will maybe be the Baun ????

Live in Rochdale myself so the boys better do it for us :lol:

Right First time Rick - Tangerine :grin:

The church will be closed next to the ground I would imagine so the nearest boozer will maybe be the Baun ????

Live in Rochdale myself so the boys better do it for us :lol:

Guessed it was all in the name 'Wardle' :grin:

I'm guessing every open boozer in the centre will be Latics packed!!!!

Guessed it was all in the name 'Wardle' :grin:

I'm guessing every open boozer in the centre will be Latics packed!!!!

Not everyone I'm telling most to stay away from Trax :lol:

Dont live in Wardle anymore - Cant afford to for at least another 6 month, love this credit crunch :wink:

OH MY F**KIN GOD!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this a dream? Can't believe it.

The Rockerdale v The Biffo's in a competitive game - such much for no rosebowl. By Far the best draw possible for me. Though i'm expecting to be slaughtered with abuse for the next few weeks from all angles.

Up The D........I mean. Come on Oldham :lol::jailed:

I will be going. :headbang:

Not everyone I'm telling most to stay away from Trax :lol:

PIKEY BAR, PIKEY BAR, PIKEY BAR. There's a vid on youtube of said bar, a lad I grew up with on turf hill being stabbed (a video that made the local rags the other week). Lovely place. Only ever been in once. Stayed 5 minutes. It wont be open on a tuesday night thankfully.

The Baum's rubbish, Richie. Please tell me you dont go in there.

That's not the next closest anyway. The Cemmy Inn and even Litten Tree, etc. are just as close. ROAM. I'll probably be in Dale all of the afternoon (or most of it) as well. :grin:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Hmm, big teams away means to me likely ones are Chester v Leeds, Exeter v Southampton and Daggers v Reading. Maybe the Bury game.

The very rare beast of two former finalists meeting in the first round may well bring the cameras to spotland!!

Absolute crackin draw ! - waited ages for this one. I remember as a young gun goin to a few derbies at spotland - once in the FA cup I think on a sat when we took over the ground - packed the sandy Lane out - and another night match when same happened !.

Live and work in Rochdale - they will be sick as parrots when we beat em - no love lost there - too many are seriously jealous of us Biffos !!.

Cemetery Inn for me - good atmosphere and decent booze and only 5 mins from ground. Most pubs will be fine - the Church is the 'home' pub but isnt a problem. Our league 2 neighbours do have an irritating band of mini-chavs thou - a la Bindippers - expect some mild baiting from their teenybop wannabe straggle of spotty youffs !

bring it on !! - made my day !

oh, most importantly ..... just where will LDB be sittin ?????? ;)

Edited by Blue-Mist

The Regal Moon is crap though. The Litten Tree's better and has better barmaids.....................unless Dali Bars open that is. :grin:

Here's a little taster of what you can expect if you go in the town centre lees.

Rochdale has all the pretty ladies. :grin:

*disclaimer. Dont watch those links if you're easily offended. Just eaten or are a minor.

Was that... Not surely, he must have thought.... or did he mean....

Nope, I'm sure

:whoosh:

Live and work in Rochdale - they will be sick as parrots when we beat em - no love lost there - too many are seriously jealous of us Biffos !!.

Cemetery Inn for me - good atmosphere and decent booze and only 5 mins from ground. Most pubs will be fine - the Church is the 'home' pub but isnt a problem. Our league 2 neighbours do have an irritating band of mini-chavs thou - a la Bindippers - expect some mild baiting from their teenybop wannabe straggle of spotty youffs !

bring it on !! - made my day !

oh, most importantly ..... just where will LDB be sittin ?????? ;)

Wondered where you've been hiding or how long it'd take you to come on. Bet your lads happy with the draw. :wink: There's one or two who dont like Oldham, most couldnt care less. It's like the reverse with us and them - one or two dont like dale, most couldnt care less.

Should think the cemmy will be a bit busier than the friendly last season where we had the place to ourselves. The Church is indeed the home pub, but you're wrong if you think that's where the newly formed (last 2 seasons) "rochdale yoof" go. They're not even old enough to get served half of them (There's one or two in my cousins year at school. Who's 15) and they're most definately not welcome in there. Even by some of their older lot who go in, who along with the dale support - find them embarrassing. You'd never get trouble or anything in there, purely because the regulars are anything but trouble makers. The owners wouldnt allow anyone who looks like causing trouble to even enter and if they did somehow get in and caused problems - You'd be chased by a beast of a dog down the cobbled street :o : They're not as gobby as they once were since Bradford came and clipped their wings. I wouldnt even worry about them, they probably wont even turn up - they're only ever seen when they think they can bully the oppositions fans.

This COULD end up being the best draw we could have possibly been given, or it could be the worst by a wide margin for me if we lose.

My girlfriend and her best friend are both staunch Rochdale fans, and I could not live with the shame if we lost to them in a competitive match. Those of you from jk latics will remember my furious rant after we lost to them in the friendly last season. Well, it will be ten times worse if we lose this one.

They've upped tickets this season to fleece away fans. Tickets went up £2 all over so it's now £20 in the away end. £14 in the sandy and £17 in the WMG. They charge £20 to sit with the stiffs in their main stand.

With it being the cup they might reduce it. Then again, with it being Oldham and a good following expected either way, they might not and try to make as much money as possible. They could get a really good crowd if they dropped ticket prices and advertised it right. Wouldnt expect them to drop down to a tenner or so, but wouldnt be suprised if they knocked a few quid off. £15 all round with a tenner in the sandy.

Good thing is Dale will be missing Perkins as this counts as one of his 5 game suspension. I was going to go dale's pre season friendly against Bolton and Everton if they announce it. Dont think i'll bother now.:grin:

Keith Hill's Bar...... :lol::grin:

Yep. They'd just do what the used to do with Burnley when that away end was the standing area and held far less than that. They used to split what is now the WMG. Even if it did lead to untold problems with the 6 fingered inbreds. Nah. They'd just stick the overflow in the corner of the Main Stand which bar the playoffs is never anywhere near full. They do it for clubs like Barnet who bring about 50 fans when they see no reason in opening a 3,500 seater stand for them.

more importantly, where will the drum be?