What are you listening to at this moment?

in the end brucie-babe( B) ) was quite well respected by SLF fans i feel.he became a fully pledged member rather than "just a session player" rather quickly.. they still had/have that raw edgy feel on new material that the pre-foxton tunes had-especially live.

Gotta agree there! You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference if you put two recordings together using different bassists.

Don't forget your uncle - remember I've wiped your arse for you :wink:

Can't believe you were still needing that done at 22!!!!

12 pints of ale, Dustbin Phil's dulcet tones and a Rose of Kashmir would have the same effect on anyone!

12 pints of ale, Dustbin Phil's dulcet tones and a Rose of Kashmir would have the same effect on anyone!

By pure coincidence I bumped into Dustbin Phil on Friday night. I said "How's it going Phil?" he replied "Rubettes, 1974, Atv label" :blink:

That was the most coherent thing I could get out of him, so I thought it best to leave it 'til next time.

As he stumbled through the door on his way out 20 minutes later, he slurred "Long John Baldry, he was a puff you know!" before disappearing into the night.

God, I love that bloke :grin:

I loved Nine Black Alps' first album. It was truly stonkin'.

To be honest, I found it a bit overproduced. The early demos knocking about reflected the raw energy that their live performances give which led to them being snapped up by Island. When the album come out it seemed to have lost that rough edge, a bit like if Nirvana had been produced by Pete Waterman.

Saw them a few times in their early days at the Basement bar of the Gardens Hotel, Piccadilly. Man, they were some seethingly brilliant gigs back then (2003-04 ish). Akoustik Anarkhy who first put them on have a brilliant pedegree in emerging talent. Latest young bucks, It's A Buffalo have toured a lot with the Courteeners too and are fantastic. Them that is, not the Courteeners who are more like a 2nd rate Arctic Monkeys offshoot.

To be honest, I found it a bit overproduced.

I do actually agree with you on that. The demo version of Cosmopolitan :censored:s all over the album version.

I saw 'em at The Castle a good few years ago. I couldn't hear properly for 4 days afterwards.

*Shameless plug alert*

One of my bezzie mates and his merry band of misfits are releasing their debut album on May 4th. There's a taster here: http://www.wearethevipers.co.uk/

They've got a Myspaz page as well.

Oh, and they're doing a launch gig:

SATURDAY 2ND OF MAY

OFFICIAL LAUNCH PARTY

Saki Bar, Rusholme, Manchester

7pm - 2am, Free Entry

With special guests

The Witches

The Black Knights

Hard Luck Child

Nuclear Dick

*Shameless plug alert*

One of my bezzie mates and his merry band of misfits are releasing their debut album on May 4th. There's a taster here: http://www.wearethevipers.co.uk/

They've got a Myspaz page as well.

Oh, and they're doing a launch gig:

SATURDAY 2ND OF MAY

OFFICIAL LAUNCH PARTY

Saki Bar, Rusholme, Manchester

7pm - 2am, Free Entry

With special guests

The Witches

The Black Knights

Hard Luck Child

Nuclear Dick

Who the hell do you know in the Vipers? I've known Scott Tyson for about 7 years now! We worked together when I was at uni.

:blink:

I've been best mates with Scott since we were at school together.

You know what, I thought I recognised your face from somewhere. I'm certain we went to 5th Ave together a few times (with Scott, funny buggers <_<) a few years back.

Small world innit :D

:blink:

I've been best mates with Scott since we were at school together.

You know what, I thought I recognised your face from somewhere. I'm certain we went to 5th Ave together a few times (with Scott, funny buggers <_< ) a few years back.

Small world innit :D

I thought I recognised you too... this thread's just come over all gay. :D

Although I have only the most vague of memories of 5th for about 4 years. Despite going about 3 times a week. 4 pints of Vodka Redbull a night will do that to you.

• 2 weeks later...