Worst Ever signings?

How the likes of Saha (wtf), Bramble, Rocastle and Forbes can be even mentioned in a discussion about "the worst signings people can think of from all leagues and any era" is beyond me.

Shevchenko maybe?

I think Ali Dia probably wins hands down. Zola may well take the mantle yet :wink:

By that i mean any bad signings either modern or old?

Bramble was absolutley shocking at Newcastle then when Hutchins signed him he said it was a scoop. He is now wanted by derby...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£70,000 for Wayne Gill, a midfielder who couldn't even get in the plastic scousers starting 11 has to be up there. Daylight robbery.

was just about to say wayne gill. harsh on veron at united. mate is a season ticket holder at ot and he rates him, but thinks he was never a player united should have signed, not on the same wavelength as the team in general.

rodney jack

andy gorum (second time obviously, should never have come back)

yep - was just goin to put wayne gill in the frame but beaten to it - what about Dean Crowe ? - one of Talbolts masterstrokes - the least effective striker eva ? - or that champions league superstar michael clegg ?? - crappper than crap !!

1.7 million, not 17 million! :D

Mike Fillery would have been a quality signing if that guy from Hull hadnt made a horror tackle on him on his debut. Always remember being 2 down and Redfearn hit a 25 yard screemer.

Hessletine was unlucky, broke his leg after being at the club for a couple of weeks...

Or the guy Peter Reid signed at Sunderland following a veiwing of a video clip. Only to sign someone by the same name who couldn't kick a ball. Still at least Sunderland got their money back (1.5M) unlike Chelsea where Winston sat out his 4 years below the stiff level.

I'd be thinking Milton Nunez too. A guy signed because he was playing for Nacional Montivideo actually ended up being from the Uruguayan third division side Uruguay Montevideo (and they don't quite have our strength in depth over there). Signed for approximately £1.5M, he managed 44 minutes of football until he went back. Although the clubs settled out of court it wasn't revealed how much Sunderland got back.

By that i mean any bad signings either modern or old?

Bramble was absolutley shocking at Newcastle then when Hutchins signed him he said it was a scoop. He is now wanted by derby...

Bramble

Poor signing? At £5M to Newcastle yes. Worst signing from all leagues and any era? Not even close.

Id take him on the free transfer that Wigan did all day long. Decent player.

Bramble

Poor signing? At £5M to Newcastle yes. Worst signing from all leagues and any era? Not even close.

Id take him on the free transfer that Wigan did all day long. Decent player.

I didnt say worst ever signing. I said signingS not picking out one specifically. He was free to Wigan yes but what on about £20,000 a week? to bugger up constantly. Also being called a scoop when know one else wanted him.

I didnt say worst ever signing. I said signingS not picking out one specifically. He was free to Wigan yes but what on about £20,000 a week? to bugger up constantly. Also being called a scoop when know one else wanted him.

He doesnt bugger up constantly he is a good defender who is prone to a high profile gaffe, a bit like David James used to be. He made 26 appearances last season in a team which survived in the premiership.

Instead of taking the opinion of others as gospel and buying into his infamous reputation why not watch him next time he's on. In the wider scheme of things he is a good defender, just as in the wider scheme of things he wasnt a 'worst ever signing'.

Anyways thats enough on Bramble im sure you agree.

He doesnt bugger up constantly he is a good defender who is prone to a high profile gaffe, a bit like David James used to be. He made 26 appearances last season in a team which survived in the premiership.

Instead of taking the opinion of others as gospel and buying into his infamous reputation why not watch him next time he's on. In the wider scheme of things he is a good defender, just as in the wider scheme of things he wasnt a 'worst ever signing'.

Anyways thats enough on Bramble im sure you agree.

Yes. Think the phrase agree to disagree comes into play here.

:sign0003::icon_gay:

Graeme Sourness paid Rangers £8m to take Boumsong to Newcastle

Graeme Sourness paid Rangers £10m to take Ferguson to Blackburn

Todays cryptic quiz question is - what's the link?

Manilla envelope containing 10% in each instance? <_<