Horners in admin - players to leave?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we would cut our wages therefore balancing the books.

no we wouldnt, see my earlier answer. i find it staggering that people can interpret the club saying they may be forced to look for other ways of raising money as to mean offloading two reserve players! we are a selling club, we sell somebody every 6 months or so for a few hundred grand in order that we lose a bit less than we would otherwise have done.

Well, exactly. The last two were local businesses with Latics fans in charge - it's all very selective to me. Push the boat out, actually try and attract a wide range of firms from a larger range across England and the rest of the UK. These commercial fellas shouldn't be paid for just crossing the street to a buisness, they should be paid for getting out and around, spreading the word we're 3 sponsors down, and make sure it gets further than the top of Sheepfoot Lane.

I'd think it's more likely that the firms paid more than the commercial value because they are Latics fans rather than that the club went to them to save looking further afield. I've no idea myself (I never notice sponsors) challenge you to name a similar sized club with a big sponsor who doesn't have a local link.

Just to say though.... it might not be the current playing staff they would loook at - rather than the future ones...

We have a playing staff budget which has already been set - which any potential left winger, or loan signings would come out of... Perhaps it is more logical to conclude that without added revenue you would choose not to invest in these guys - saving money on budget, rather than sell your potential matchwinners....

Surely a new decent left winger and a loan signing would be worth a decent League 1 sponsor?

no we wouldnt, see my earlier answer. i find it staggering that people can interpret the club saying they may be forced to look for other ways of raising money as to mean offloading two reserve players! we are a selling club, we sell somebody every 6 months or so for a few hundred grand in order that we lose a bit less than we would otherwise have done.

The money that we would lose in revenue from Horners could be offset by offloading two reserve players. Which would mean we would be back ontrack with TTA's financial forecasts interms of a budgeted loss for the year. I didn't say it would raise money and it obviously won't as if kalala or wolfy goes they will not command a fee.

The money that we would lose in revenue from Horners could be offset by offloading two reserve players. Which would mean we would be back ontrack with TTA's financial forecasts interms of a budgeted loss for the year. I didn't say it would raise money and it obviously won't as if kalala or wolfy goes they will not command a fee.

i think im right in saying hillstones the shirt sponsors paid 250k for 3 seasons worth of advertising.

so its nowhere near the commercial value of a lotof other clubs.....its time the club looked further affield for sponsorship now....yes companys everywhere are tightening there belts,but in the advertising sense 100k a year to sponser a clubs shirts isnt really extortionate is it.

maybe with tta's buisness being in america they could try and tap into that market,get some american firm some exposure over here....

i think im right in saying hillstones the shirt sponsors paid 250k for 3 seasons worth of advertising.

so its nowhere near the commercial value of a lotof other clubs.....its time the club looked further affield for sponsorship now....yes companys everywhere are tightening there belts,but in the advertising sense 100k a year to sponser a clubs shirts isnt really extortionate is it.

maybe with tta's buisness being in america they could try and tap into that market,get some american firm some exposure over here....

Thats very true however as has been discussed and stated Hillstones have paid up for the year so we will be wearing their logo other sponsorship might need us to look that bit harder as you say.

Sadly since Jarvis left, we've hardly been creative on the commercial/marketing side of things!!

I am a Business Development expert and have worked with many national businesses, and I have sent my CV to Alan Hardy a number of times. We are missing many quick wins IMO. Commercially we are poor!!! I hate to say it, and it bugs me every time I vist the club. Who was that dude we took on, who worked at the NHS?? wasnt he commercia/marketing?

Exactly how can Hillstones and Horners going into admin make us short of cash, as surely the full sponsorship must have been paid up front, otherwise the club should find new sponsors to raise cash. Or is it just the clubs idea to make us, the fans have to fork out more money claiming they are losing the money. I think its the latter and to be honest i think on the gate tickets may well go up as a result.

On another note, our new "Lookers" isn't going to be built for god knows how long as the club more than likely wont sell the flats to fund the new stand, and I feel well be paying extra on the door, to sit in a stadium the similar to Blackpools, except Blackpools probably looks newer.

The best way to attract sponsors who'll pay more for the privledge would be promotion to The Championship.

This was exactly the point I was going to make if we get promoted (or are doing well in Feb) it will be a lot easier to find sponsors. Hillstones have apparently already paid up for this their final year and this can mean we have longer to find new sponsors. Horners going into admin whilst possibly meaning we loose some money (if another sponsor isn't found) isn't the end of the world as I can't see the amount of money being significantly more than what we are paying someone like Kalala. Plus we now have even more advertising space availible as it would be fairly stupid not to have adverts all over any barrier where the 'broadway' stand used to be. Also what did Horners sponsor as I'm not sure?

This is not the start of a crisis for Latics we do not need to sell any of our marketable talent unless an appropiate offer comes in. If we don't have a sponsor for something we feel warrants a sponsor maybe we could stick the name of a charity, ideally in memoriam of Ernie, where that sponsor was.

Like that New York company that allegedly landed their helicopter at BP, get the cheque of them before they starting waving it at Newcastle... :wink:

Generally its paid over x amount years. In this case 3. So we are missing a 3rd of the cash.

So therefore they shouldnt have the sponsorship renewed for the 3rd year and Latics should find a new sponsor to take over the agreement, as surely not paying the sponsorship is breach of the contract.

So therefore they shouldnt have the sponsorship renewed for the 3rd year and Latics should find a new sponsor to take over the agreement, as surely not paying the sponsorship is breach of the contract.

Other than cash upfront, Horners have supplied lease cars (at advantageous rates or even free?) to some club officials (Shez etc). So the cost to the club may be more than the loss of cash.

Exactly how can Hillstones and Horners going into admin make us short of cash, as surely the full sponsorship must have been paid up front, otherwise the club should find new sponsors to raise cash. Or is it just the clubs idea to make us, the fans have to fork out more money claiming they are losing the money. I think its the latter and to be honest i think on the gate tickets may well go up as a result.

On another note, our new "Lookers" isn't going to be built for god knows how long as the club more than likely wont sell the flats to fund the new stand, and I feel well be paying extra on the door, to sit in a stadium the similar to Blackpools, except Blackpools probably looks newer.

Basic rules of business and cash flow: pay in installments (or after you have received the goods) if you can! If you have an extension built, you won't pay the final installment until you are pleased the work is complete.

I notice Audi haven't renewed their sponsorship with Man Utd and several top players have had their car taken away! The difference is that at least those players probably have their own private fleet, whereas most Latics players are unlikely to have any other wheels and this may well put the club in a position where they need to contractually fund a new car for many in the squad. Not cheep.

Those who say "find a replacement sponsor" are absolutely right, but why would any company, as recession looms, want to put money in to a football club where they are only reach 5,500 people in a town 30 times bigger than that?

They won't sell the flats to fund the new stand. Simply because the won't (and shouldn't) build them until the housing market shows signs of recovery. And that will be 2010.

Basic rules of business and cash flow: pay in installments (or after you have received the goods) if you can! If you have an extension built, you won't pay the final installment until you are pleased the work is complete.

I notice Audi haven't renewed their sponsorship with Man Utd and several top players have had their car taken away! The difference is that at least those players probably have their own private fleet, whereas most Latics players are unlikely to have any other wheels and this may well put the club in a position where they need to contractually fund a new car for many in the squad. Not cheep.

Those who say "find a replacement sponsor" are absolutely right, but why would any company, as recession looms, want to put money in to a football club where they are only reach 5,500 people in a town 30 times bigger than that?

They won't sell the flats to fund the new stand. Simply because the won't (and shouldn't) build them until the housing market shows signs of recovery. And that will be 2010.

Chairman of Bovis was suggesting on southern television last night, that he didn't expect the domestic property market for new builds to begin recovery for seven years.

Looks like we may have to get used to a three sided ground for some time now, if the building thereof is dependant on funding from the domestic side of things.

Believe another rumour doing rounds in Oldham is Ryder & Dutton, are they involved in anyway with tics? Aware reports of malicious email from reports in press but do know someone who cleans for an employee of R&D who says she has been finished along with 50 others allegedly.

ANy change of that in English Greganator? :wink: