Bob Gorrill Gone

Guest M_OAFC
In all seriousness, I'd hope this was a step to bringing in some pro-activity in that role, rather than tightening the belt...

I agree

I believe his move to Mansfield was personal choice due to his home location in Sheffield as opposed to Latics cutting back and getting rid.

From conversations that I have had in the past with people at the Club, Bob was very highly thought of and did a good job in difficult circumstances. I guess we don't get to see a lot of what he did - nor do we know what the scope of his role involves. He was Commercial Manager - not Marketing Manager and there is a big difference.

From conversations that I have had in the past with people at the Club, Bob was very highly thought of and did a good job in difficult circumstances. I guess we don't get to see a lot of what he did - nor do we know what the scope of his role involves. He was Commercial Manager - not Marketing Manager and there is a big difference.

Very true... hence why we have never recovered since jarvis, however it would have been difficult times for anyone in the role.... the problem with his perception however is exactly that, to fans no marketing equals no commercial nouse...

Either way, good job or not... it worries me that we are heading to an obvious crunch time for the club financially and currently have no commercial manager... Brill.

Very true... hence why we have never recovered since jarvis, however it would have been difficult times for anyone in the role.... the problem with his perception however is exactly that, to fans no marketing equals no commercial nouse...

Either way, good job or not... it worries me that we are heading to an obvious crunch time for the club financially and currently have no commercial manager... Brill.

I presume he will have had a notice period... I just can't see it that these things aren't being thought about, Mr Corney has more interest than any of us in maximising revenue from all available streams.

" Bob is extremely good at what he does - selling advertising and sponsorship " - AH

Horners... Hillstone... I think he jumped before he was pushed :grin:

Is it just me or were you under the impression that this guy was going to be doing a lot more than this? His brief was certainly a lot wider than the Sales Manager role that they advertised a few years back.

Seems to me AH was quite good at this bit, could it come under his auspices again to save money?

I was talking to Alan Hardy this morning about something unrelated.

He mentioned that Bob had resigned earlier this week after receiving a fantastic offer from Mansfield which also happens to be closer to his home. He is very highly thought of in footballing circles which is why Mansfield have offered a great package to secure his services. Latics are genuinely sorry to see him go and Alan's words to me were that he is brilliant at his job.

It is nothing to do with cost cutting nor is his departure down to anything performance related. Quite the opposite in fact.

I was talking to Alan Hardy this morning about something unrelated.

He mentioned that Bob had resigned earlier this week after receiving a fantastic offer from Mansfield which also happens to be closer to his home. He is very highly thought of in footballing circles which is why Mansfield have offered a great package to secure his services. Latics are genuinely sorry to see him go and Alan's words to me were that he is brilliant at his job.

It is nothing to do with cost cutting nor is his departure down to anything performance related. Quite the opposite in fact.

Do you think that AH taking over now as a consequence of BG going would be good.

Otherwise, if we are going to recruit again, we need someone well connected in Oldham, and also with some National Companies.

Any ideas?

Maybew John wardle in a consultancy capacity till he finds something else!!!

Edited by singe