Nobby & Limpetlad

Some of you on the OWTB forum are aware Nathan (Nobby my youngest son) has been quite poorly for the last year, he suffered total kidney failure last July. :angry:

A couple of months back Matthew (Limpetlad my eldest son) made the decision (after numerous clinical tests) he was going to donate one of his kidney's to his younger brother. :grin:

They've both been admitted today to the MRI and the operation is tomorrow morning.

On behalf of our family (all ardent Latics fanatics) I want to say a big thank you to Matthew for helping his little brother out.

Ian G.

Some of you on the OWTB forum are aware Nathan (Nobby my youngest son) has been quite poorly for the last year, he suffered total kidney failure last July. :angry:

A couple of months back Matthew (Limpetlad my eldest son) made the decision (after numerous clinical tests) he was going to donate one of his kidney's to his younger brother. :grin:

They've both been admitted today to the MRI and the operation is tomorrow morning.

On behalf of our family (all ardent Latics fanatics) I want to say a big thank you to Matthew for helping his little brother out.

Ian G.

wow... please tell Matthew from me that the gesture he's making towards his brother is fantastic! (in fact that word doesn't go 1/2 way to describe it in all honesty...!)

there is brave and there is BRAVE!

speedy recovery to the pair of them..especially Nathan

Best wishes from me, hope everything is back to normal very soon for you all. My brother is on the Kidney transplant list but sadly with us having different fathers i was not a compatable donor.

Your eldest son is very brave and gets a great deal of respect from all of us for doing this for his younger brother.

I would like to wish a speedy recovery to both your lads.

How old are they just out of interest?

Hi Chaddy

Matt's 34 and Nathan's 30, both got season tickets this year for the RRE.

Ian G.

Ian G.

Very best of luck to the pair of them, Ian - and to you - I imagine your finger nails will be considerably shorter come tomorrow evening!

All the best.

Been to see both the lads tonight. :disappointed:

Matt's operation commences at 8-00am tomorrow and Nathan follows along at about 11-00am.

I'll try update you all tomorrow night (if I can). :unsure:

A big thank you to you all, I've told the boys about all your replys and their both chuffed, especially Matt. :D

Ian G.