Demar Phillips

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

johnson, same player thats been playing in a higher division for 2 years?

with rumours of large bids being turned down by sheff wed?

dont think his talent should be questioned, his motivation at latics maybe.

but he is certainly not :censored:e , he was lazy and greedy amongst over things

I'd agree with that, i can think of dozens of more suitable players to label sh1te before i got to JJ. His ability wasn't in question when running with the ball; his finishing was though. Which is why he has become a very useful winger for sheff weds; starting games but also coming on as defenders are tiring.

I'd be bricking it these days if we played wednesday in the cup or something; it alomost a nailed on certainty that he'd have an absolute stormer against us, tearing our full-backs to shreds!!

Speaking of JJ I wouldnt have minded us bringing Jarret in. Presume he is still at Preston and out of favour. His performance against Huddersfield was the best individual performance from a Latics player I have seen in a decade or so.

Wow massive over statement there! wasn't even the best I saw last season Davies at home to Swansea, Hughes at Bornemouth Allessandra at home to carlisle were better than that I didn't see Hughes at Millwall some would say that was better too.

If we do sign him lets hope he is not away on International Duty every other week like Rodney Jack was.

With him, Eardley and Davies on international duty, it'll mean postponements, enabling our England devotees to watch Capello's boys without missing Latics.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Wow massive over statement there! wasn't even the best I saw last season Davies at home to Swansea, Hughes at Bornemouth Allessandra at home to carlisle were better than that I didn't see Hughes at Millwall some would say that was better too.

I wasn't at the Hudds game but if he played better than Hughes at Millwall, or half of the team at Everton, or Taylor at Hudds the year before, it must have been some effort.

Two subsitute appearences in his only season in English football, admittedly in the Championship, would suggest he is bob. But it's a trial. That's all. And he might prove us wrong.

I know many of us are feeling the pinch at the moment what with the arse falling out of the economy, but you really are one miserable twit with an 'a', You really are too tight to fill that glass up aren't yer?

JJ was sh*te, cant see anywhere on this description, or trawling the net that says this guy is sh*te. So lets not tar him with that brush just yet.

If it said "Demar Phillips, Jamiacan, 24, Left winger... oh and he is sh*te" THEN we could be signing the next JJ.

With his credentials he should do fine at our level... should be an interesting day at grimsby then!

jj isnt sh*ite.. this is the reason why he plays for a better club

Lets not go down the JJ line again, this is about this new guy...

however :wink: I absolutley hated JJ, and i woudl love to play against a team full of him, every week... someone like Mark Allott would rip him to shreds, as he would out think him and then JJ would be in a sulk - he is an absolutle liability, and IMO is up there with the Cleggs and Forbes of this world in the worst players ever to wear the shirt... the sh*test of the sh*te.

... and back on topic... :wink:

to me it seems you have very english values concerning football.. i have to say mark allott is a good player and a strength is that he works for the team well.. but hes not technically gifted- jj is.. jj can also be very influential and create real chances for the team to score- mark allott cannot.. from this post i would also think that because of an apparent lack of a football orientated brain you would probably hate to play against jj every week cause he would "rip to shreds" you and mark allott

Aye we've had far far worse than Johnson. Johnson could run for a start which makes him better than 90% of the :censored:e we've had to witness play in blue in the past decade.

Attitude was all wrong, but he was a talented player.. see goals at Sheff Weds and Doncaster away!

He scored two quality goals against MKDonalds and Rochdale (Rose Bowl) as well.

JJ has the talent, just not the attitude, the fact that someone is willing to dub him one of the worst players to play for us is absolutely inane!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

He was :censored:e. Yes he could beat 3 or 4 men but what is the point if all you're going to do is blast it into the crowd. I hated JJ and away against Chesterfield for the last away game of the season totally summed him up. The amount of sitters he managed to miss that day was beyond a joke.

He was :censored:e. Yes he could beat 3 or 4 men but what is the point if all you're going to do is blast it into the crowd. I hated JJ and away against Chesterfield for the last away game of the season totally summed him up. The amount of sitters he managed to miss that day was beyond a joke.

pullis rekons hes a very similar player to ruel fox,speedy winger then.

He scored two quality goals against MKDonalds and Rochdale (Rose Bowl) as well.

JJ has the talent, just not the attitude, the fact that someone is willing to dub him one of the worst players to play for us is absolutely inane!

In terms of what he served up on the pitch for us, and perhaps more importantly what he didn't do that a very limited footballer could have done in his place, he was a very bad player for us. We needed people to chip in at that time, he might have scored a couple of crackers, but maybe we'd have conceded fewer, had more possession, had a better team spirit and overall achieved more with a trier who would run back a bit instead of standing with his hands on his hips like some Parisian whore. We all know he has ability and seems to have finally sorted himself out, but it's fair for us to judge him on what he did for us IMO, and he was :censored:ing gash.

to me it seems you have very english values concerning football.. i have to say mark allott is a good player and a strength is that he works for the team well.. but hes not technically gifted- jj is.. jj can also be very influential and create real chances for the team to score- mark allott cannot.. from this post i would also think that because of an apparent lack of a football orientated brain you would probably hate to play against jj every week cause he would "rip to shreds" you and mark allott

Mark Allott is a more technically gifted footballer than Jermaine Johnson. He can tackle a million miles better, he can head a ball a million times better, he can pass a million times better, and he can shoot a million times better. JJ is a lot quicker and can dribble better. I actually think Allott is much closer to a model European footballer rather than an English blood and thunder merchant, he does things like use possession intelligently, a trait less frequently found in Mr J.

In terms of what he served up on the pitch for us, and perhaps more importantly what he didn't do that a very limited footballer could have done in his place, he was a very bad player for us. We needed people to chip in at that time, he might have scored a couple of crackers, but maybe we'd have conceded fewer, had more possession, had a better team spirit and overall achieved more with a trier who would run back a bit instead of standing with his hands on his hips like some Parisian whore. We all know he has ability and seems to have finally sorted himself out, but it's fair for us to judge him on what he did for us IMO, and he was :censored:ing gash.

Mark Allott is a more technically gifted footballer than Jermaine Johnson. He can tackle a million miles better, he can head a ball a million times better, he can pass a million times better, and he can shoot a million times better. JJ is a lot quicker and can dribble better. I actually think Allott is much closer to a model European footballer rather than an English blood and thunder merchant, he does things like use possession intelligently, a trait less frequently found in Mr J.

mark allott loses possession very often so i cant really junderstand how he uses it intelligently tho he does win back the ball when he loses it.. i agree he can shoot better.. that wasnt jjs best attribute but again i have to disagree that mark allott "can pass a ball a million times better" .. for me heading isnt too important if you want to be a good footballer cause in leagues above league 1 the ball is played on the floor much more, which is how it should be....... tackling isnt even an important attribute for a player like jj cause his roles dont concern this aspect of the game.. again i have to say i really think jj is technically superior to mark allott.. there is so much evidence :)

mark allott loses possession very often so i cant really junderstand how he uses it intelligently tho he does win back the ball when he loses it.. i agree he can shoot better.. that wasnt jjs best attribute but again i have to disagree that mark allott "can pass a ball a million times better" .. for me heading isnt too important if you want to be a good footballer cause in leagues above league 1 the ball is played on the floor much more, which is how it should be....... tackling isnt even an important attribute for a player like jj cause his roles dont concern this aspect of the game.. again i have to say i really think jj is technically superior to mark allott.. there is so much evidence :)

* LL turns lights off, places damp towel over forehead and shuts eyes, and tries to come to terms with the above evaluation of two players and what is important in a midfield player*

Edited by leeslover

Are you saying all Jamaican players are lazy and :censored:e?

No what im saying is Jamaican players have cool names.

P.S Ruel Fox was ace. Wonder what hes doing these days hmm

UPDATE: Because im sad i looked on wikipedia he apparently ran a restaurant in Ipswich after retiring from football and is now a coach at non league Whitton United FC.

Note to self: If your going to pose questions and then subsequently answer them yourself i need to make sure they're relatively interesting?

Edited by KiDdErZ

* LL turns lights off, places damp towel over forehead and shuts eyes, and tries to come to terms with the above evaluation of two players and what is important in a midfield player*

jj plays the role of a striker, maybe also right midfield.. a right midfield player should be encouraged to attack and therefore it maybe shouldn't be his responsibility to tackle.. heading isnt overly important in this position as the ball should be delivered to the player's feet..