• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really add much to what has been said. I would say the poorest sending off I've seen from an Oldham player. Fine him, make him run round a field on his own for a few weeks. Accept any offers? Maybe not just yet.

But this lad is surely the most stupid player in the whole of the football league. If he wasn't Welsh I would have expected to have seen him in a Cup Final at BP a few weeks ago*.

Can we just get one of our own players to drag him away from any trouble in the future? I know they shouldn't have to, but it isn't hard to see when he is losing his head. You could see it there, vs Leeds, etc.

*If I'd gone to that game.

Unfortunatley this is what you get with Craig Davies.

He was banned from international football for 18 months for spitting at a ref iirc.

Wants his head sorting out if possible.

Don't crucify the lad over it though please, as silly as the incident was, he's still young and will learn from this.

Shez does NOT need to give Davies a roasting as suggested in some threads. He only needs to show him what the paying fans (the oldham supporters) are saying about him here, and he ought to hang his head in shame and volunteer to take a three week pay cut for his automatic suspension. (but I'm not holding my breath!).

Shez does NOT need to give Davies a roasting as suggested in some threads. He only needs to show him what the paying fans (the oldham supporters) are saying about him here, and he ought to hang his head in shame and volunteer to take a three week pay cut for his automatic suspension. (but I'm not holding my breath!).

Playing sunday leauge with a lad who has a very very similar temprement to Davies i can understand everyones opinion on Davies, but that is just the lad being him at he mo, he gets easily frustrated and cant control it like 90% of people. He hasn't played as well as many expected in the opening couple of games and he easily loses his cool. Sheridan will know how best to try and get the best out of Davies he knows him 10 times better than anyone on here does. Yes his actions were wrong, but its about dealing with the situation best which will prevent him doing it again. He is a very good player, his attitude and decision making are what let him down most of all, things that hopefully Sheridan can change.

Tonight he didnt chase one ball .. nor did he try or win anything in the air, and when he did have the ball he was easily pushed off.

Started where he left off last season then. Without doubt quicker than any Dale defender last night but why was he always half a yard too late and if he did get there first just pushed off with the minimum amount of effort.

Bone idle.

Print off and pin this thread up in the dressing room please Shez. Then someone give Craig a hand in reading it.

E4e

ERNIE

Started where he left off last season then. Without doubt quicker than any Dale defender last night but why was he always half a yard too late and if he did get there first just pushed off with the minimum amount of effort.

Bone idle.

Print off and pin this thread up in the dressing room please Shez. Then someone give Craig a hand in reading it.

E4e

ERNIE

Couldn't agree more mate. It's beyond words how idiotic his actions, and in fact performance was last night. 4th in the pecking order until he can learn and get more desire into him.

Couldn't help but read the text a female pensioner sat in front of me written "Davies sent off for headbutt - What a knobhead" says it all really.

This time last year Davies had such a high workrate and looked dangerous everytime he had the ball. Now he walks round with his head down and ive rarely seen someone pushed off the ball so easily. He ruined the game for us last night and i fear for fitness levels for saturday.

It's difficult to know what's going on in Craig's head at the moment (he is Welsh after all)...

But he looked sharper and more interested at Rhyl than he did against Millwall and at Rochdale.

The sending off was downright stupid, and I'm sure he realises that now. When there's six forwards in the squad, you DON'T gift your place in the team to the others like this.

He's still only a kid, but he has experience beyond his years and really hsould not be getting involved in ridiculous situations like this.

I still think it's fantastic for us that we've signed him for an extra year, and am sure he will deliver the goods. Fortunately, the management team will take the time to help him work out his issues and get the best out of him - unlike some of our fans who've already written him off. :blink:

Edited by garcon

[- unlike some of our fans who've already written him off. :blink:]

The comments on the board today re CD are bourne of frustration with a player who we know can deliver. His antics last night imo fully deserve the stick he is getting today. Hopefully he will learn from this and become a better player mentally.

[- unlike some of our fans who've already written him off. :blink:]

The comments on the board today re CD are bourne of frustration with a player who we know can deliver. His antics last night imo fully deserve the stick he is getting today. Hopefully he will learn from this and become a better player mentally.

Totally agree David - just hope that's the way most fans see it too.

Unfortunatley this is what you get with Craig Davies.

He was banned from international football for 18 months for spitting at a ref iirc.

Wants his head sorting out if possible.

Don't crucify the lad over it though please, as silly as the incident was, he's still young and will learn from this.

He is 18 months older than the spitting incident, so hasn't learnt much in that time.

Transfer list him and take the best offer, there are plenty of good reliable players out there to replace him.

He is 18 months older than the spitting incident, so hasn't learnt much in that time.

Transfer list him and take the best offer, there are plenty of good reliable players out there to replace him.

Selling him is a drastic move and I would like to give him another chance... But to be honest I wouldnt miss him.. His certainly as a eye for a shot (aka 15 goals) but thats about all I like about him....

Selling him is a drastic move and I would like to give him another chance... But to be honest I wouldnt miss him.. His certainly as a eye for a shot (aka 15 goals) but thats about all I like about him....

the guy is a :censored: and i have no time for him 3000 plus fans and he does that total :censored:.

the guy is a :censored: and i have no time for him 3000 plus fans and he does that total :censored:.

I didnt like him last year... Hughes got injured and we needed him to step up and get stuck in... Instead he left it to the younger lads to fight for space in the box and choose to hang on the edge of the box instead... Said something about him to me..

Unfortunately his play at times and his behaviour at times have a common cause - not enough going on between his ears. I think he is actually a really nice lad, he's just..... a bit thick. It's not hindered many the pro footballer bit the way he displays it could very well harm his career, if he doesn't succeed with us he will find his options pretty unappealing.

I think this thread is stupider than CD getting himself sent off!

Early contender for the topic with the biggest over reaction of the year.

He got stupidly sent off yes we can all see that, but so do other players and so will other Oldham players this season, are they all going to be crucified too?

GET A GRIP!!

Edited by wozz_oafc

Early contender for the topic for the biggest over reaction of the year.

He got stupidly sent off yes we can all see that, but so do other players and so will other Oldham players this season, are they all going to be crucified too?

GET A GRIP!!

Don't be soft, the boy should be put down.

Early contender for the topic with the biggest over reaction of the year.

GET A GRIP!!

He let his club, manager, team mates and supporters down by a similar stupid action to that he shown in the past, its no wonder everyone is frustrated by this player who needs to show less petulance and more concentration on the field.

The point for me is that there are better stikers at the club, but Davies is always in the starting line-up. His own stupidity has now meant that others will be given a chance and my greatest hope is that they do enough to ensure that Davies doesn't walk straight back into the team. There is a whole history of players who have clearly got a talent but do not have the application or attitude to go with it - I'm sure we could come up with a lengthy list of players who fall into this category at this club alone. I would have Alessandra, Smalley et al in the team before Davies every day of the week.

I'll say it:

Davies attitude stinks and I don't think it was a mistake when he said in his recent LW interview, "I get on with the staff and a few of the players". The lad need motivation, he needs to want to perform and give 100% rather than being a passenger. It's so frustrating, he's got ability, but just chooses not give his best....and by contrast Ernie Cooksey wasn't the best player technically but gave more than 100%. I think Davies' best game for the club came against Swansea, first game of last season where he looked immense and chased everything down, the reason we were a threat in that game was because of him.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies